Led Zep to Play 2 Hours - Jimmy Page

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32934

Led Zeppelin have explained that they are planning to perform for two hours at their reunion show at London's O2 Arena on December 10.

Guitarist Jimmy Page revealed that when the band were first contacted about playing a reunion show, they were asked to play for 40 minutes, but the band thought this was too short.

"When we were first asked to do this [reunion show], we were asked to play a 40-minute set. We soon realised we couldn't," he told Q magazine.

"If we go out and play 'No Quarter', 'Moby Dick' and 'Dazed And Confused' with all the solos, you're already talking over an hour."

He added: "We've gone from [planning to play for] 75 minutes to 90, to the best part of two hours."

Page went on to explain that while Led Zeppelin will play for two hours, he doesn't think he could handle playing for much longer than that.

"There's no way I can take on playing three-and-a-half-hour sets now," he said. "Flying against the wind and the storms, because I just don't have that energy anymore. But I've still got enough in me to get through a two-hour set."

NME.COM will be bringing you comprehensive coverage of the Led Zeppelin reunion. We will be bringing you the build-up all week, while on December 10 we will have live coverage straight from the 02 Arena including news, pictures and a special blog.

NME, and countless other websites, are sinply latching on to interviews conducted elsewhere and turning them into news themselves - see also the 'Jimmy turning to Elton John for advice' thread, along with countless others. None of this is 'new' news, but in this case, lifted from the Q interview. NME in particular seems determined to have a 'new' Led Zeppelin story every day, it's a pity they can't get their own...

NME are a shower of bastards. Expect many other 'exclusive' headlines in the coming week, each based on interviews over a month old.

Well, of course the NME have always really loved Zeppelin. Especially in the 1970's. Just like Rolling Stone.......not.

Page went on to explain that while Led Zeppelin will play for two hours, he doesn't think he could handle playing for much longer than that. "There's no way I can take on playing three-and-a-half-hour sets now," he said. "Flying against the wind and the storms, because I just don't have that energy anymore. But I've still got enough in me to get through a two-hour set."

There go my fantasies of a rapturous, all-night concert at the O2, like the legendary overnight gig the Allman Bros. played at the Fillmore long ago.

P.S. I LOVE that expression "a shower of bastards"! I'm going to start using it in regular conversation, as long as Professor Frink doesn't mind.

Archived