Jimmy Page, Ron Wood, Eminem and other VIP presenters lined up for Rock Hall inductions

tyedye

This is a tad off topic, but kinda on topic. I heard that Judas Priest can't be there, and that they are doin' somethin' with Whitesnake. :) :)

This is my fave smiley, watch his mouth, its hilarious!

:rtfm:

Whatever goes on in your head I must say you are precious to say the least.

Back on topic, I do hope Jimmy, Jeff, & Ron jam together. "Stroll On", "Becks' Bolero", & "You Shook Me" would all be nice, even "Plynth".

Rod Stewart has a few, Shorty, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLBFyS2hlhw, and Around the Plynth as you mentioned. Ron Wood plays guitar nicely on that one.

Interestingly, they did not credit the fiddler on Shorty.

It could have been one of several fiddlers who played on the albums in those days, or even someone different.

the-faces.com/rod/roddisc4

No Bolero please, I don't want to see another argue about that. :lol:

That's the point! High drama. There was a joint interview between Jimmy & Jeff in Mojo a few years back, & the interviewer had the chance once & for all to settle the debate who wrote "Bolero" & he didn't ask. Page has the credit now, but I think that was a "gift" from Jeff, an olive branch. Jimmy probably came up with the structure & arrangement & Jeff the melody.

Actually I've heard Robert Plant is going to join him on stage. They're going to sing a duet of Robert's Tin Pan Valley. That could be quite something!

To borrow a line from Van Halen: Aww, cMon Dave, give us a break! :D

really though, this is such a set up for classic 2 guitar Yardbirds/Truth/Faces

I'm pulling for the Truth version of Shapes of Things and Train kept a rollin

I doubt we'll see Robert at this event.

That's the point! High drama. There was a joint interview between Jimmy & Jeff in Mojo a few years back, & the interviewer had the chance once & for all to settle the debate who wrote "Bolero" & he didn't ask. Page has the credit now, but I think that was a "gift" from Jeff, an olive branch. Jimmy probably came up with the structure & arrangement & Jeff the melody.

He credits it to Jimmy on his new live album. I hope someone posts this on YouTube! I just can't wait to see Jimmy! It's so sweet that he is doing this for Jeff.

It's also great if Robert shows up.

From a pure guitar playing aspect, Ron Wood isn't in the same league as Page. I mean, if I were to rate them on a scale from 1-100, with 100 being the best, Page gets a 100 and Wood gets an 18. The Rolling Stones were far better with Taylor. Far better.

Agreed. Stick him on bass like Beck did in the original Jeff Beck Group. He is a good bass player though, & a great acoustic & slide player on the early Rod Stewart records & with the Faces. The Stones ruined him.

Lets hope SOMEONE has the gumption to ask Jimmy about "The project" and about touring himself/new album!!!!!!!!

I believe Jimmy would refuse to speak of it on that nite. It's jeff's nite. as it should be.

could be interviews the next day. I'm hoping too bro!

Archived