Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Thanks for the tip ebk, I just switched to Skin 2 as well.

:peace:

I'm now giving Skin 1 a try. It's different. Gotta try something different sometimes :)

I keep seeing "would of" or "could of".

It's would've or could've, short for would have or could have. So cut it out!

(of course if English is not your first language, I'm not talking to you) Ok. Feel better now. Carry on

THANK YOU BADGEHOLDER! I've given up and resigned myself to the fact that the schools have let us down. It's not just the could of/could have problem, it's the relatively simple ones, such as:

their/there

to/too/two

your/you're

Then, there is punctuation. There are some who seemingly refuse to use a comma, period or apostrophe. Maybe their typewriter doesn't possess such keys.

What really cracks me up are the people who mangle their Thread Topic headings and Avatar names, cementing in stone, for all the world to see, their laziness. That is one line I will keep drawn in the sand...I will no longer bother to read or post in a misspelled Thread. I figure if the original poster couldn't be bothered to get their Thread Title correct, then the content of the thread is probably just as carelessly conceived and written.

My page is purple & I kind of like it...

Purple and gold for me...Laker colours. Now if

only Sam could get silver and black...for the Stanley Cup playoffs and for the next NFL season. ;)

Edited by Strider

Just became friends with my baby cousin on Facebook! Oh, they are starting out way too young if you ask me. smh..

That is very disturbing...a baby on facebook? :blink:

THANK YOU BADGEHOLDER! I've given up and resigned myself to the fact that the schools have let us down. It's not just the could of/could have problem, it's the relatively simple ones, such as:

their/there

to/too/two

your/you're

Then, there is punctuation. There are some who seemingly refuse to use a comma, period or apostrophe. Maybe their typewriter doesn't possess such keys.

What really cracks me up are the people who mangle their Thread Topic headings and Avatar names, cementing in stone, for all the world to see, their laziness. That is one line I will keep drawn in the sand...I will no longer bother to read or post in a misspelled Thread. I figure if the original poster couldn't be bothered to get their Thread Title correct, then the content of the thread is probably just as carelessly conceived and written.

Purple and gold for me...Laker colours. Now if

only Sam could get silver and black...for the Stanley Cup playoffs and for the next NFL season. ;)

Strider,

If I may play devil's advocate for a moment. While I agree certainly that public education has declined over the last 2 decades, I would submit to you that poor parenting ought to be on that list. Schools are very often up against a wall by parents who demand special treatment for their 'special' kids. Teachers will tell you it's not the kids they have issues with, it's the parents. There are towns in Massachusetts that will not allow a teacher to use a red pen to grade papers, as it hurts Johnny's feewings. 'No child left behind' turned out to be a complete failure, and don't even get me going about state mandates with Special Education. Municipalities are struggling to keep afloat, nevermind an aide for every Tom, Dick and Harry.

There's plenty of blame to go around, but do not put all the responsibility on the teachers.

Over and out.

:)

I just noticed something about the updated forum- it seems you can't access the profiles of banned members anymore.

I just noticed something about the updated forum- it seems you can't access the profiles of banned members anymore.

You're right...no Jangles or Jahfin to be found. And that means poor Rick's many alter egos have been erased.

A moment of silence, please, for Yukon Cornelius. :(

Whenever I see Whoopie Cat's posts, I am reminded how I first misheard the lyrics to "Misty Mountain Hop" when I got the album.

In the line that goes "Just then a policeman stepped up to me and asked us, said, 'Please, hey would we care to all get in line'", I always misheard the "would we care" part as "whoopie cat". :slapface::rolleyes:

What the hell did I know...I was only nine.

Edited by Strider

I'm in the mood for a good 'ole BGG flick (that is Blood, Guts and Gore)

Can anyone suggest one?

Can anyone suggest one?

A few suggestions off the top of my head (pardon the pun) ......here ya go

-War Movie- Hamburger Hill or Saving Private Ryan

-Sci Fi- The Thing (1980's version, I think Kurt Russel was in it)

-Vampires- Dusk til Dawn- Tarantino/Clooney

cheers

Can anyone suggest one?

SozoZoso, you are hereby ordered to run, don't walk, RUN to your nearest video store and rent(or order from Netflix or however you get your movies) Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive"!!!

You can thank me later.

I wonder what's taking Amazon so long to ship my peacoat?! I ordered it at 5 in the morning & it still hasn't shipped (grrrr....)!

-_-

You're right...no Jangles or Jahfin to be found. And that means poor Rick's many alter egos have been erased.

A moment of silence, please, for Yukon Cornelius. :(

I'm a bit disappointed. I didn't discover this forum until September of last year, so it was nice to be able to look up past members when people made references to them.

Whenever I see Whoopie Cat's posts, I am reminded how I first misheard the lyrics to "Misty Mountain Hop" when I got the album.

In the line that goes "Just then a policeman stepped up to me and asked us, said, 'Please, hey would we care to all get in line'", I always misheard the "would we care" part as "whoopie cat". :slapface::rolleyes:

What the hell did I know...I was only nine.

I thought the exact same thing until I looked up the lyrics! I thought it was something like, "Hey whoopie cat, D'ya all gettin' lie?" :) I could also never tell what Plant was singing in Black Dog at the line "Spent my money, took my car, started tellin' her her friends she's gonna be a star". The only part I thought I could make out was "started takin' a French, she's gonna be a stone".

SozoZoso, you are hereby ordered to run, don't walk, RUN to your nearest video store and rent(or order from Netflix or however you get your movies) Peter Jackson's "Dead Alive"!!!

You can thank me later.

Ahh, Braindead/Dead Alive, long time since I saw that, cheers Strider

What are shapes for in edit style? I am afraid to mess with it for fear of not retrieving the original screen. I have played around with the colors. I still am having trouble with quotes. Maybe Ill have to create a thread.

Now that I've upgraded my cable, I can complain about how there is now 700+ plus channels of shit to watch. :rolleyes: March 31st seems so far away...

guess that explains why the members total has dropped back below 20,000 again ....

guess that explains why the members total has dropped back below 20,000 again ....

You're right, I hadn't noticed that! Oh well, we'll reach 20,000 soon enough.