Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

The pastor just referenced black slaves in the antebellum southern United States during this Millennial royal wedding. Fucking hell, you can't make this stuff up. The Queen Mother looks like she is using every ounce of her willpower not to roll her eyes. Now the obligatory reference to MLK. I can't take this anymore. I'm out.  

Edited by SteveAJones

23 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

And pray tell how would that happen?

Anyway one big talking point is, this is a marriage where neither of the Bride or Grooms Father won't be there. 😅

My bad chillumpuffer. I thought he was marrying the German chancellor.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Queen Mother looks like she is using every once of her willpower not to roll her eyes. I can't take it anymore. I'm out.  

Not surprised there man as the Queen Mother died years ago

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Not surprised there man as the Queen Mother died years ago

:lol:

4 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

After a few years with this divorcee feminist Harry may wish he had. God, I don't get it, man. He's so young, well off, the world is his oyster and he throws it all away for an OLDER woman with Daddy issues. She must be one hell of  a great...ahem...cook.  

5 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Maybe he's into GILF's. 👵

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Thank heavens Prince Phillip just arrived. That old boy proudly representing the Old School. Love that guy.

Looks like he's thinking: BLOODY HELL!!

13 hours ago, mknopfler said:

Everything you said is a lie. Stop spewing propaganda on this site it's disgusting.

Just because you don't like the links provided, or the truth they show does not make it any less of the truth. I do not spew propaganda, I dismiss it and provide proof to the truth. It is a shame so many people are obtuse and close minded.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

After a few years with this divorcee feminist Harry may wish he had. God, I don't get it, man. He's so young, well off, the world is his oyster and he throws it all away for an OLDER woman with Daddy issues. She must be one hell of  a great...ahem...cook.  

If he wanted attention, he could have waited a few years. If he wanted to get laid, why get married? I'm happy with my 20+ year old. All good and fine. No harm/no foul. I'm happy as hell.

I guess in the world of the Royals it's for keeps. You're stuck. At least he gets to initiate some foreplay with his Nazi uniform. But after a week, it's going to get old fast. He's gonna have to play the other side for kicks. This marriage won't last long.

Edited by apantherfrommd

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Why am I watching this first Millennial Royal Wedding? The groom just showed up unshaven. The bride wants to walk herself down the isle to prove what a progressive, modern woman she is. This thing is starting to make me nauseous.  

William and Kate were the first.

Edited by Strider

The word "Refresh" doesn't mean "Smoke pot quietly". Most people smoke pot quietly but they don't do it because they rere-interpret the word "Refresh".

7 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

If he wanted attention, he could have waited a few years. If he wanted to get laid, why get married? I'm happy with my 20+ year old. All good and fine. No harm/no foul. I'm happy as hell.

I guess in the world of the Royals it's for keeps. You're stuck. At least he gets to initiate some foreplay with his Nazi uniform. But after a week, it's going to get old fast. He's gonna have to play the other side for kicks. This marriage won't last long.

Her previous marriage lasted just two years, but she had dated that guy for SEVEN YEARS. To me, that outcome is a huge red flag. No need to get into why. In this case, if I had to guess I'd say Harry is looking for someone to mother him (understandable) and truly believes she fits the bill. However, her feminist leanings are another huge red flag. He may think he can just relax now and play X-box all day, but my hunch is eventually she's going to crawl so far up his ass with her expectations and her nagging he won't know what came over him. 

3 hours ago, Strider said:

William and Kate were the first.

From a demographic standpoint, yes that too was a Millennial wedding. However, I've always considered William to be mature for his age. He's the sensible one, and their royal wedding was more or less traditional. Harry is the whimsical goofball. He may have done this for a laugh in response to being pressured to get married. Too show up for it unshaven spoke volumes. 

What makes a thing good and what makes a thing bad? Ask evil and evil confuses the two, telling you left is right and hot is cold. 

6 hours ago, Zepfan2001 said:

What makes a thing good and what makes a thing bad? 

First, understand that all beliefs are self-referential. Secondly, it depends on if one is a moral absolutist or not. Finally, we get into ascribing values and meaning. ;)

Prince Harry sporting a beard is not quite as big a deal as it has been made out to be. Hid great-great-grandfather, George V was also bearded at his wedding as were several other British royals / monarchs on their wedding day. 

Regarding Harrys choice in a bride, if she makes him happy good for him, who knows what will happen. Princess Diana was very traditional as well until she found out what an ass Charles was and how cold he could be to her...if Diana's account is true that is. The sad situation as far as Diana / Charles was concerned is it appears Diana was kinda duped into the whole thing as she was not made aware of Charles relationship with Camilla (she found that out much later); and the fact that Charles was not exactly being desecrate with Camilla which made Diana the fool.

Time will tell how this will play out but the fact is times change and traditions change. English monarchs no longer have their wives heads removed from their bodies when they cannot produce a male heir. British monarchs no longer charge into battle at the head of the vanguard. British monarchs no longer marry for political alliance.

All of this is moot anyhow as the royals hold no true power, they may call the UK a constitutional monarchy but then again when was the last time the Queen was consulted on economic policy or foreign affairs?

The worthless so-called "people" who stalk me, leave little visual clues to tease and threaten me and continuously do everything they can to disempower me,  invade my privacy and remove any sense of independence from my life are someday not going to be able to do any of those things against me and that is the only thing in life that I look forward to... permanently ridding myself of them.

Even if I must leave my country and change my name, that is what I will do.

(As if to make matters worse, even my own superviser at work is getting in on the fun.)

Edited by Zepfan2001
wording

11 minutes ago, Zepfan2001 said:

The worthless so-called "people" who stalk me, leave little visual clues to tease and threaten me and continuously do everything they can to disempower me,  invade my privacy and remove any sense of independence from my life are someday not going to be able to do any of those things against me and that is the only thing in life that I look forward to... permanently ridding myself of them.

Even if I must leave my country and change my name, that is what I will do.

Rockwell... is that YOU?

On 5/16/2018 at 2:36 PM, Strider said:

When you look into the abyss the abyss sometimes looks back.

"Wall Street".

1 hour ago, Zepfan2001 said:

It really isn't that funny.

I am sorry Zep, I thought you were kidding. I don't mean to pry but have you tried going to the authorities?

44 minutes ago, IpMan said:

I am sorry Zep, I thought you were kidding. I don't mean to pry but have you tried going to the authorities?

Yes, actually. They don't make a difference and initially they were a part of the problem. When they eventually decide to treat you seriously and soberly it's far far far too late to matter at all. 

In addition: the "authorities" are never the same people each time you contact them and that only makes matters worse.

Edited by Zepfan2001

10 hours ago, IpMan said:

Prince Harry sporting a beard is not quite as big a deal as it has been made out to be. His great-great-grandfather, George V was also bearded at his wedding as were several other British royals / monarchs on their wedding day. 

I knew George V. George V was a friend of mine. Prince Harry is no George V.