Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

On 12/20/2018 at 5:29 PM, luvlz2 said:

I get Christmas and Christmas Eve off. This year Christmas Eve and Christmas work out good for me since I already have Saturdays and Sundays off, I'll have a nice four day vacation to look forward to this year! I need it!

😎 Wonderful!

Hey J- How's it going? If anyone deserves a good break, it's you. Have you heard anything about your bike?

My apologies to all who have private messages me and called and missed me. I have to use a special Emergency phone while working. 

I haven't taken a day off since June 12th, the day I requested off for the Robert Plant show.

Plenty of vacation time saved, but lives depend on me, and I work late. I just want to say I can catch up with you faster through phone calls and Emails. 

This weekend, I'll be serving meals at a homeless soup kitchen and passing out toys as Santa at an orphanage. (A bit early) I'm his brother.. Lol. Nah... Santos Santana Klaus. 

I didn't know Santa was even related to Carlos. Small world, huh? 

I've been busy and I thank those of you that have kept me in the loop. You know who you are. You have a beautiful weekend and Christmas with your family. I'm grateful,  so grateful for you all.

Happy Holidays! To one and all.

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

😎 Wonderful!

Hey J- How's it going? If anyone deserves a good break, it's you. Have you heard anything about your bike?

It's going all right thanks for asking.  Maybe I exaggerated slightly when I said I needed a break, because I could think of other people who could use a break more than me but fuck it, I still have unused days off that won't get used this year so that's good enough for me to be happy about having four days off. As far as the bike, haven't heard anything, but haven't really checked that far into it either, just trying to forget about it. Got another one the same day.

Edited by luvlz2

Yesterday a hummingbird got into our screened room (I call it the Lion's Den as that's where the cats hang out). Fortunately, all the cats were inside. I had to trap the bird with a broom and then grabbed it and let it go. It was a ruby throated male and I had to check out his colors before I let him go. He went right to the tree and was making the little noises they make. He was either thanking me or cussing me out. 😄

On 12/19/2018 at 7:21 PM, luvlz2 said:

In the last 2-3 months here in the greater Phoenix area Bird scooters have really been popping up on the streets all over the place and even cluttering them in some areas. I guess they have the bird scooters in different states. Haven't rode one yet, but would like to try it.  I guess you can make money as a "bird juicer" (charger) and get paid daily. Has anybody tried it?

Those things are a damn nuisance cluttering up the sidewalks and streets, as people just leave them anywhere. They present a hazard to drivers as well, for most zip through traffic on these scooters with no regard to traffic laws and right-of-way. They have been a scourge on L.A. streets for nigh on three years. 

We throw 'em in the trash and set them on fire...bonus points if a hipster doofus is still attached. 🔥

Edited by Strider

On 12/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, Walter said:

RBG is a bad ass lady...

Although I don't agree with many of her views I admire her fortitude.  However it is getting very late in the game for her and think it might be best to retire and spend the rest of her life with family and loved ones.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, Walter said:

RBG is a bad ass lady...

Does this mean you saw the "RBG" documentary or the biopic "On the Basis of Sex"? Or both?

19 hours ago, Strider said:

We throw 'em in the trash and set them on fire...bonus points if a hipster doofus is still attached. 🔥

😄

30 minutes ago, Strider said:

Does this mean you saw the "RBG" documentary or the biopic "On the Basis of Sex"? Or both?

Both, but I was referring to her week this past week. Certainly no rainstorm or bone spurs would prevent her from doing what’s right. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Both, but I was referring to her week this past week. Certainly no rainstorm or bone spurs would prevent her from doing what’s right. 

Oh, please. For her there is no right or wrong, merely gender politics. If you don't believe me, review how she frames the abortion debate.

6 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh, please. For her there is no right or wrong, merely gender politics. If you don't believe me, review how she frames the abortion debate.

I thought you were about freedom of choice and natural consequences. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I thought you were about freedom of choice and natural consequences. 

Abortion upon demand is neither. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

Abortion upon demand is neither. 

It is exactly freedom of choice.

'I don't want this pregnancy'. A choice is then arrived at.

Except for when external pressures or factors are considered. But before any considerations - there is CHOICE. And in my view should be. Who the fuck am I/you/anyone to dictate a blanket position to something so personal and complex?

I understand opposing views and dismiss them for the foundation argument, its not up to me/you/anyone. It is not my/your/our business.

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I understand opposing views and dismiss them for the foundation argument, its not up to me/you/anyone. It is not my/your/our business.

Then we can agree it shouldn't be funded at taxpayer's expense.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Then we can agree it shouldn't be funded at taxpayer's expense.

Very nice. I don't personally agree, but that is the next logical consideration and discussion.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

20150222221105-230ac1ce.jpg.635ea8ffa00c4d86151a1e53ea43d9cb.jpg

The Little Rascals. A guy I worked with used to call me a he-man. 😄

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Thank fuck after tomorrow, NO MORE CHRISTMAS MUSIC / TV ADVERT SHITE ;)

Especially the car/truck commercials.....Chia's......Chanel's dumb commercials, etc.

Would you like a little cheese with your whine? Merry Christmas, orange turd.

DvNj3n8UwAAUvl_.jpeg.d55c1daa8e0f35095a5c359dd51af336.jpeg

On 12/22/2018 at 12:43 AM, luvlz2 said:

It's going all right thanks for asking.  Maybe I exaggerated slightly when I said I needed a break, because I could think of other people who could use a break more than me but fuck it, I still have unused days off that won't get used this year so that's good enough for me to be happy about having four days off. As far as the bike, haven't heard anything, but haven't really checked that far into it either, just trying to forget about it. Got another one the same day.

Im the one not treating myself healthy. Workaholics need to learn how to chill. I need to learn how to slow down. Im neglecting myself, and putting others first. Not good.

I had an Open Road Huffy that got stolen. I'd still be riding that if it hadn't gotten stolen a long time back. They caught the guy, because I had it registered. Dude was selling it. He paid restitution, but the next bike wasn't the same.

I appreciate your post, J-. I'm gonna make some changes, and start treating me as important as I do others. Thank you for the enlightenment for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all you Zep heads. May the coming year bring live releases.