Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Should heating be everywhere as we have it in Russia? I heard today that many houses in London are not heated, as heating is a kind of luxury.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Who is Meghan Markle again? Is she the annoying "All about the bass" singer?

She married Prince Harry, who must have thought he was marrying an older woman who would Mother him and let him play X-box all day. Instead it's nag nag nag, do this, do that and by the way I'm pregnant.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

She married Prince Harry, who must have thought he was marrying an older woman who would Mother him and let him play X-box all day. Instead it's nag nag nag, do this, do that and by the way I'm pregnant.

That's pretty funny Steve. A rarity one might say! 

16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Oh that one. I never understood her appeal and why Harry would want to marry her. She struck me as a high-maintenance bitch out of the Kardashian-mode from the moment I saw her.

On 2/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, Freeyyaa said:

Should heating be everywhere as we have it in Russia?

Sounds good to me.

Being a confirmed arachnophobe, this has to be one of the creepiest drawings I've ever seen. Dore's 'The Spare Bed At The Crocodile.'

DORE-ENHANCED.jpg

43 minutes ago, redrum said:

Being a confirmed arachnophobe, this has to be one of the creepiest drawings I've ever seen. Dore's 'The Spare Bed At The Crocodile.'

DORE-ENHANCED.jpg

I've got some Gorey to show you, bwahahaha.

Guns N' Roses And Def Leppard Limited-Edition Cheeses Coming To ALDI Stores

Cheese-Aldi.jpg.39e8c92b8342038d6541178d7005afd5.jpg

Aldi, the German-based discounter best known for its low prices and no-frills approach, is offering a new line of limited-edition cheeses with names that are parodies of popular song titles from the 1980s, including classic tracks by DEF LEPPARD and GUNS N' ROSES.

According to Delish, Aldi will make six new Happy Farms cheeses available on February 6, among them "Sweet Cheddar Of Mine" and "Pour Some Gouda On Me". Timed for the Grammy Awards (which happen on Sunday), the other cheeses, which are all priced at $3.49, are named after songs by Cyndi Lauper ("Girls Just Wanna Have Fontina"), Michael Jackson ("Billie Goat Is My Lover"), Bonnie Tyler ("Total Eclipse Of The Havarti") and Wham! ("Wake Me Up Before You Goat-Goat". The cheeses come in either 5 oz. (Lauper and Wham!) or 7 oz. (all others) packages.

These cheeses are Aldi Finds (Special Buys), so stores will have a limited supply, and once they're gone, they're gone.

With its roots as a family-owned store in Germany, Aldi reportedly now has more than 1,800 locations in the U.S. and plans to spend billions to remodel and build new stores to hit the 2,500-store mark in two years.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-and-def-leppard-limited-edition-cheeses-coming-to-aldi-stores/

Edited by luvlz2

On 2/2/2019 at 10:01 AM, SteveAJones said:

Americans in 1900 had a life expectancy of 40 to 45 years

You realize even if that number is true, that only represents an average. Most people still lived to 80/90.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:22 AM, rm2551 said:

I don't believe it is a bad idea, or one that is not possible.

It's possible, but good luck convincing the shareholders that we should cut down on production so they get less kickback. You realize a lot of people work a 7 day work week? America is the land of production, and that requires...more production.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I love y'all.

Liverpool?? Wtf??

Where’s Wolverhampton? They are playing lights out!  

24 minutes ago, Walter said:

Liverpool?? Wtf??

Where’s Wolverhampton? They are playing lights out!  

I leave the Wolves to Percy.

18 minutes ago, Strider said:

I leave the Wolves to Percy.

:lol:

Junior keeps me updated on them...  He is a Man City fan, you know.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:52 PM, luvlz2 said:

Guns N' Roses And Def Leppard Limited-Edition Cheeses Coming To ALDI Stores

Cheese-Aldi.jpg.39e8c92b8342038d6541178d7005afd5.jpg

Aldi, the German-based discounter best known for its low prices and no-frills approach, is offering a new line of limited-edition cheeses with names that are parodies of popular song titles from the 1980s, including classic tracks by DEF LEPPARD and GUNS N' ROSES.

According to Delish, Aldi will make six new Happy Farms cheeses available on February 6, among them "Sweet Cheddar Of Mine" and "Pour Some Gouda On Me". Timed for the Grammy Awards (which happen on Sunday), the other cheeses, which are all priced at $3.49, are named after songs by Cyndi Lauper ("Girls Just Wanna Have Fontina"), Michael Jackson ("Billie Goat Is My Lover"), Bonnie Tyler ("Total Eclipse Of The Havarti") and Wham! ("Wake Me Up Before You Goat-Goat". The cheeses come in either 5 oz. (Lauper and Wham!) or 7 oz. (all others) packages.

These cheeses are Aldi Finds (Special Buys), so stores will have a limited supply, and once they're gone, they're gone.

With its roots as a family-owned store in Germany, Aldi reportedly now has more than 1,800 locations in the U.S. and plans to spend billions to remodel and build new stores to hit the 2,500-store mark in two years.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-and-def-leppard-limited-edition-cheeses-coming-to-aldi-stores/

One for Tom Brady: Tom's GOAT Cheese..........:)

21 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

It's possible, but good luck convincing the shareholders that we should cut down on production so they get less kickback. You realize a lot of people work a 7 day work week? America is the land of production, and that requires...more production.

I have no doubt of the world moved toward this, America would either not adopt it at all or find a way to completely fuck the idea up.

On 4/25/2013 at 7:49 PM, Walter said:

The only thing that bothered me about that intro was the 'house' they focus in on the end didn't have a porch and we all know Archie had a porch! :blink: Over analyzation, I know!

:beer: back to you ZEPFAN17...btw, what's the '17' stand for?

On 4/28/2013 at 12:43 PM, ZEPFAN17 said:

ZEPFAN17 is an old email I used some time ago..I liked it so I used it here :munchies:

Is zepfan17 still on this forum 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:20 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

You realize even if that number is true, that only represents an average. Most people still lived to 80/90.

That number is true and most people did NOT live to 80/90. That's why it's called an average life expectancy. SOME people lived to 80/90, but that was offset by a high infant mortality rate and the opportunity to die young in a war or a coal mine, etc. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

1990 called. They want your economic theory back. 😄

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/09/03/watch-the-u-s-transition-from-a-manufacturing-economy-to-a-service-economy-in-one-gif/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8d4877b8d08d

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

1990 called. They want your economic theory back😄

Yes, manufacturing has went down, but the US is still has the second highest GDP (behind China) and miles ahead of everyone else. 

But my underlying point, which you sidestepped (imagine that), is that the US economy is overwhelmingly ruled by shareholder profits. Whether it be manufacturing or service. More work hours= more profit for investors. At least as long as there's money to be made. 

It's the American dream. Work your ass off to make other's wealthy.

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Thats the most succinct way of summing up the good ol' US I think I have heard.

6 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

That's so ludicrous it doesn't deserve a response. First of all, the American Dream has traditionally been defined as home ownership. Secondly, as Ben Shapiro has stated, if you don't want to be poor in America you need do only three things: "graduate from high school,  avoid having children until you are married and get a job". I am so fed up with people constantly criticizing wealth and bashing the rich.    

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That's so ludicrous it doesn't deserve a response

Apparently not.

First of all, the American Dream has traditionally been defined as home ownership. 

How's that going for the new generations? You like to post statistics so much, post one of property ownership of millennials. Why, it's almost like the greedy boomers don't wanna give up their vacation houses and purposely stagnate the free market so they can control income.

Ben Shapiro

Nothing more than a political troll who caters to the lowest common denominator. The fact that you mentioned his name shows how truly off base and out of touch you are.

I am so fed up with people constantly criticizing wealth

They're only criticizing the ability to attain it lol. It's kinda like playing "keep-a-way". You've got something that makes your life better and you don't wanna lose it, but in order to keep it you've got to create false hopes for younger generations so you can keep them at the same level while improving your own situation. See anything wrong with this (you probably don't)? Then actually have the audacity to turn around and criticize them for not having the same opportunities. 

"Graduate high school". You can't be serious. Your misunderstanding of shareholder influence is astonishing. Your argument of manufacturing loss even works against you. And let's not even get into the influence of poverty, which I'm 100% positive you won't even acknowledge. You are simply a person who's built a wall of ignorance around themselves with the money you've made that directly influenced a stagnant economy. 

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

How's that going for the new generations? You like to post statistics so much, post one of property ownership of millennials. Why, it's almost like the greedy boomers don't wanna give up their vacation houses and purposely stagnate the free market so they can control income.

They're only criticizing the ability to attain it lol. It's kinda like playing "keep-a-way". You've got something that makes your life better and you don't wanna lose it, but in order to keep it you've got to create false hopes for younger generations so you can keep them at the same level while improving your own situation. See anything wrong with this (you probably don't)? Then actually have the audacity to turn around and criticize them for not having the same opportunities. 

"Graduate high school". You can't be serious. Your misunderstanding of shareholder influence is astonishing. Your argument of manufacturing loss even works against you. And let's not even get into the influence of poverty, which I'm 100% positive you won't even acknowledge. You are simply a person who's built a wall of ignorance around themselves with the money you've made that directly influenced a stagnant economy. 

Millennial home ownership? Ok. I'll play. Here's a stat. If we can agree the Millennial demographic are those born between 1981 and 1996, the age of that demographic in 2019 is 23 to 38. Now, I could say something flip like home ownership is down for them because they prefer to Tinder browse and play X box all day in those loft apartments in downtown hipster districts, but the reality is it's driven by tighter credit standards as well as lifestyle changes, including delayed marriage and children. 

To all your other points I say rant on if it makes you feel better. Look, I came from nothing -- LESS THAN NOTHING -- but I worked my ass off towards better opportunities and ultimately propelled myself through graduate school. The US has some serious social problems to address but equal opportunity isn't one of them and only a race baiting politician or a social justice parasite would try to convince you otherwise. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/

https://www.businessinsider.com/millennial-homeownership-lower-2017-6  

Edited by SteveAJones

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

if you don't want to be poor in America you need do only three things: "graduate from high school,  avoid having children until you are married and get a job".

There would literally be hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of families that tick all those boxes and are struggling. There is such a thing as luck, chance, and opportunity.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

The US has some serious social problems to address but equal opportunity isn't one of them

Huh??? IF you are lucky enough to be born into a family that is in the top 10% of the wealthy, you are given vastly more opportunity than a trailer park or ghetto child. Not to say trailer park/ghetto baby cannot achieve whatever,  but I don't agree the opportunities are equal to both. Opportunities somewhat depend on environment and history. A public school kid from the ghetto who goes for it against a private schooled kid from a "captain of industry" go for the same job. Who wins?

It's like saying there is equality between the sexes in the Republican party who just happen to always pre-select/run old white male candidates. it doesn't add up.