Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

:zzz: Jimmy on stage :wakeup:

Gotta feeling you won't be late :D

As a general rule, pop/rock singers should not even attempt the National Anthem. They butcher it ten ways from Sunday because it doesn't require vocal melismas and theatrics.

Yep. NASCAR always gets somebody famous to sing the anthem every weekend, which either means some pop/country starlet who's never sang a note Protools couldn't fix, or else some rock star, usually an aging one, who never could sing, didn't even sound good on his albums, and has not improved with the passage of time. I usually go look for a snack during that part. Every once in a while they'll have some bluegrass guys on there who can harmonize so good it's almost unreal, or a REAL country singer (not a 16-year-old girl who just started taking voice lessons last year) who doesn't go overboard and just does it RIGHT, but for the most part, it's awful. Jesse McCartney forgot the words at one race, in addition to just sounding horrible. I wish they'd do like a local contest for each race and let everybody online pick the best singer or something.

Just picked up the Sept/Oct 'M'. Petty's on the cover, and on the page 34 is Plant.

Does it get any better than that?

No joke. ^^ My baby brother, all 6ft, 2 in was in the Gulf at this time.

Truly awesome.

Gooood. I'm putting off doing this French project for my conversational French class. This is a community college class, and it's harder than anything I had to do at university! And it's a conversation class! :wall: If I didn't need this class in order to work (long story), I would drop it. Plus, it's a group project, so I can't really wing it or else I'll bring everybody else's grade down. If it was just me, it wouldn't matter if I passed or failed, but I don't want to mess everybody else up. GOD, what a big mistake this was. Also, it's just a general pain because it lasts for THREE HOURS on Friday...major frickin' drag.

Gooood. I'm putting off doing this French project for my conversational French class. This is a community college class, and it's harder than anything I had to do at university! And it's a conversation class! :wall: If I didn't need this class in order to work (long story), I would drop it. Plus, it's a group project, so I can't really wing it or else I'll bring everybody else's grade down. If it was just me, it wouldn't matter if I passed or failed, but I don't want to mess everybody else up. GOD, what a big mistake this was. Also, it's just a general pain because it lasts for THREE HOURS on Friday...major frickin' drag.

Anything we can do to help? :unsure:

I finally decided to get on the ball and start sewing a quilt I had started months ago. I had several Girls Scout tshirts that I never wore anymore but couldn't bear to throw them out. Have lot's of fond memories of campouts and other outings with my girls. I cut them up in squares quite awhile ago and then moved on to other things. Started to sew last night finally to make the quilt for camping in the trailer that the hubby and I are refurbishing

I took French for 6 years -- four years of high school and two years in college. I'd love to help if I can, so shoot me a PM if you need to. :)

I took French for 6 years -- four years of high school and two years in college. I'd love to help if I can, so shoot me a PM if you need to. :)

Mercy bu...cket ! ! La tabernac... :D .Us western Canadiens know our French !

Mine's a bit rusty but I'd be happy to help if I can (French minor).

Got a new lap top today. Got tired of the POS I've been using, as it was a slow releck from ancient times that has been on it's last leg. Now I can listen to videos now and move around the web much faster as soon as I get used to it.

Soooo glad that that no kids rang the doorbell tonight. Our poor basset hound gets so scared when the doorbell rings, he'd poop himself. We didn't even need to black out the house, either. We bought candy this year to give out, and we gave ringing the doorbell a dry run to see how he'd react and he got so scared, and my dad is not an electrician, so the idea of disconnecting the doorbell wasn't even a thought.

Maybe next year.

Soooo glad that that no kids rang the doorbell tonight. Our poor basset hound gets so scared when the doorbell rings, he'd poop himself. We didn't even need to black out the house, either. We bought candy this year to give out, and we gave ringing the doorbell a dry run to see how he'd react and he got so scared, and my dad is not an electrician, so the idea of disconnecting the doorbell wasn't even a thought.

Maybe next year.

Last year we had so many kids at our door that we ran out of sweets/candy to give them. So I bought loads in this year, and we had around 12 kids come to our door last night, so now I'm left with a mountain of sweets!

On Friday here in the UK it's Bonfire Night, so lots of fireworks will be going off. My mum has 3 small dogs that are terrified of them, and my guniea pig spends the night shaking with fear! It's not a good night if you've got pets.

A cold s'more is still better than no s'more at all. :)

Today was my last day of school before Thanksgiving. It snowed about 3-4 inches here, and it was reportedly very icy, so I left an hour earlier than normal (I have a 55-60 minute commute). There are supposed to be blizzard-like conditions tonight, and last night when I was coming home, the highway near the school was quite blizzard-like--very low visibility, though I didn't slide at all. About 45 minutes into the drive, my boss calls and tells me they canceled school!

SNOW DAY!

I'm glad--the kids were BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS YESTERDAY, so I didn't feel like dealing with it. ;)

Edited by manderlyh

Want to wish everyone(who celebrates!) a very Happy Thanskgiving..

WARNING: PARENT BRAG ALERT!!.My daughter and I head off to Disney Tues for a week-she is part of the ABC taping for the Christmas Day Parade. So proud of her...

My best to all.

Want to wish everyone(who celebrates!) a very Happy Thanskgiving..

WARNING: PARENT BRAG ALERT!!.My daughter and I head off to Disney Tues for a week-she is part of the ABC taping for the Christmas Day Parade. So proud of her...

My best to all.

That's wonderful; congratulations to her!!! :D Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks, Virginia..She has worked so hard for this.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I think I have a sinus headache that is causing my teeth to hurt. Seriously.

Is that even possible?

I think I have a sinus headache that is causing my teeth to hurt. Seriously.

Is that even possible?

Yes; try Mucinex and steam (plus Advil/Tylenol)

Hopefully, that's all it is. I have spent the past few days seriously worried about the health of my teeth.

It goes away when I take Advil. I have a headache and my ears are plugged, so I'm hoping it's just sinus issues, not tooth ones.

Attending the one man show of "A Christmas Carol", performed by Charles Dickens' great-great grandson, Gerald.

I was at a Supermarket with my dad there was this pretty good looking younger guy in a Led Zeppelin 77 tour shirt he was with a blond woman, long story short I thought it was his mom turned out to be his girlfriend, not my greatest moment