Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

My dad has to have part of his kidney removed. This is not what we needed to hear right now.

I'm very sorry to hear this Liz. My thoughts are with you and your family

Looking at our weekly rag yesterday I was pleased as punch to see our "Twilight Concert Series" line up some great bands.

And the best part is they're all freeeee!!!!!!

Every Thursday evening, it's fun, they have a festival-like gathering of arts, crafts, food, beer, wine...etc.

Anyway, the two best are going to be (imho):

The Black Keys

Sonic Youth

July

:cheer::banana::cheer:

Looking at our weekly rag yesterday I was pleased as punch to see our "Twilight Concert Series" line up some great bands.

Every Thursday evening, it's fun, they have a festival-like gathering of arts, crafts, food, beer, wine...etc.

The Black Keys

Sonic Youth

July

I'm envious of the Black Keys (have seen Sonic Youth who were great)! I've been dying to see them but every time they are in my area, I'm not :blink:

I'm envious of the Black Keys (have seen Sonic Youth who were great)! I've been dying to see them but every time they are in my area, I'm not :blink:

Bummer, I haven't seen either, so I'm happy. :)

Daughter just stole the puter out from under me. Her boyfriend and her are apartment hunting, and I think they found a place they like. That will make me happy.

She left her bike here, so I can ride it for a few days. Starting physical therapy next week for my back, so my therapist will be happy to know I'm at least biking and walking a LOT.

Can anyone recommend me a program for converting YouTube videos to downloadable audio/video (that I can then put on my iPod)? There are a ton of them out there, but I'd prefer one that didn't give me spyware in the process. You can PM me if you think this is all very dodgy and want to keep on the down-low.

But really, I'm not trying to be sneaky on purpose - you can't buy the song/video I want in stores/online, so this is my only option. Trust me, if they released this song as a single, which they should, I'd be all over that shizz in iTunes in a second.

Wonder what has happened to that Air France plane..........

Wonder what has happened to that Air France plane..........

I worry that this may not have a happy ending.......

I worry that this may not have a happy ending.......

Yeah its been too long now.

My dad has to have part of his kidney removed. This is not what we needed to hear right now.

Thinking of you & your family, E. I really hope it turns out well.

The Black Keys

Sonic Youth

July

You have no idea how relieved I was when I found out those shows have nothing to do with sparkly subhumans.

I might go to the SY show. I'm always back and forth with them.

You have no idea how relieved I was when I found out those shows have nothing to do with sparkly subhumans.

I might go to the SY show. I'm always back and forth with them.

Hey Muse! Well, back and forth or not...it's friggen FREE! can't go wrong there.

Maybe we'll see you there.

Prolly not in the liquor line...but out in the crowd. ;)

Hey Muse! Well, back and forth or not...it's friggen FREE! can't go wrong there.

Maybe we'll see you there.

Prolly not in the liquor line...but out in the crowd. ;)

Well yeah, can't complain about the price, but I've never been one to go to shows. The crowds and standing in line and all that really bugs me. The act has to be top notch to outweigh everything I don't like about concerts. Sonic Youth might be good enough. It also depends on whether my music fan friends will be in town then.

Have you ever noticed how really damn hard it is to categorize music? I'm trying to make a list of my CDs by genre (yes, this is theoretically for fun, lol), but this is harder than I thought.

For instance, what do I do with Opeth's Damnation? They're a heavy metal band, but that album is downright quiet - nothing heavy about it. Do I still put it under Metal? And the whole spectrum between country and rock is throwing me off big time. I've got Lynyrd Skynyrd under Rock and Uncle Tupelo under Country/Americana - that was pretty easy. But what about the Drive-By Truckers? In my mind, they're somewhere in between those two. Should Americana not go with Country, maybe? But then what do I do with Steve Earle? Is he country or Americana? Gah, maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Yeah, that's why I never put it into categories. I just organize by name of the group alphabetical, and then chronological. Don't worry about who falls into what genre....

Have you ever noticed how really damn hard it is to categorize music? I'm trying to make a list of my CDs by genre (yes, this is theoretically for fun, lol), but this is harder than I thought.

For instance, what do I do with Opeth's Damnation? They're a heavy metal band, but that album is downright quiet - nothing heavy about it. Do I still put it under Metal? And the whole spectrum between country and rock is throwing me off big time. I've got Lynyrd Skynyrd under Rock and Uncle Tupelo under Country/Americana - that was pretty easy. But what about the Drive-By Truckers? In my mind, they're somewhere in between those two. Should Americana not go with Country, maybe? But then what do I do with Steve Earle? Is he country or Americana? Gah, maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Yes it is. I have to categorize them as I have too many and of such varying styles, I'd never find anything! I use pretty general terms which I realise is not always totally accurate but I too find certain cds I don't know where to put them. I sort of try to think where I'd likely look for it!

Yeah, that's why I never put it into categories. I just organize by name of the group alphabetical, and then chronological. Don't worry about who falls into what genre....

Yeah, that's what I do for my actual CDs, too. Well, actually, since I've got them in three different places of varying ease to reach, first they're sorted into "CDs I love and listen to all the time," "CDs I like," and "CDs I wish I hadn't bought/CDs I love but are embarrassing," and then alphabetically and chronologically. It's just that I have this list of all my CDs on the computer (just for the hell of it), and I thought it would be helpful to have them categorized by genre as well as by artist. Think again! :rolleyes: ...I should totally be a librarian, shouldn't I? :lol:

Yes it is. I have to categorize them as I have too many and of such varying styles, I'd never find anything! I use pretty general terms which I realise is not always totally accurate but I too find certain cds I don't know where to put them. I sort of try to think where I'd likely look for it!

Yeah, I think you're right...I'm trying to be too specific. I thought it would be more interesting that way, instead of 3/4 of everything just going under Rock/Pop, but instead it's just giving me a headache, hehe. Even if I broadened it, I still don't know what to do with the Rock vs. Country dilemma. Hmm, where would I look for Steve Earle if I were me? Probably country, I guess. Thanks - that's a pretty good way to look at it!

I put mine by order of when I got them

My dog likes Pink Floyd

Oh man, I tried to do that once to see if I could remember (yes, I have a boring life)...maybe when I was 15 or so? I could barely do it then, and I'd only been buying CDs since I was 12. Now I've got 10 or so more years' worth of CDs to add to that. Good system if you get started at the beginning, but too much water's under the bridge for me at this point.

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Carrots.....that's funny.

Funny?...Carrots?

I decided not to take the exam in literary theory today. Yes, I am a coward, but a very sleepy one.

Oh man, I tried to do that once to see if I could remember (yes, I have a boring life)...maybe when I was 15 or so? I could barely do it then, and I'd only been buying CDs since I was 12. Now I've got 10 or so more years' worth of CDs to add to that. Good system if you get started at the beginning, but too much water's under the bridge for me at this point.

I couldn't remember either if I tried to organize them. I got a CD case & just started filling it up. Oldest at top, newer ones towards end/bottom of the case (it holds like 75 or something)

I love my new computer......I got a MacBook. So much better than a PC.