Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

The Coco Butter will make them completely go away??? I hope so. because my legs look terrible with them. :(

The simplest solution--

Don't wear these:

adidas-by-stella-mccartney-woven-ru.jpg

The short shorts should be left to the ladies.

Do wear these:

bonobos-shorts.jpg

The longer length will hide any thigh imperfections, and will also make you look more like a guy.

The simplest solution--

Don't wear these:

adidas-by-stella-mccartney-woven-ru.jpg

The short shorts should be left to the ladies.

Do wear these:

bonobos-shorts.jpg

The longer length will hide any thigh imperfections, and will also make you look more like a guy.

The problem is the stretch marks are not on my thighs. They are on my legs and the shorts won't be able to hide them. :(

Then wear pants 12 months of the year and don't bitch when you're hot. Who cares if you have stretch marks on your legs? My mom has stretch marks on her legs and she wears shorts in public in the summer and doesn't care. You can't live your life according to what you want people to say or think when they see you. That's not living.

I'm hardly a stick figure and I went to the beach this weekend in a bathing suit. A tankini, but a bathing suit. Do you think I gave a damn what people said or thought if they saw me? Hell no. I was having a good time playing frisbee with my sister in the Atlantic. If I thought like you, I'd have been in bed with the covers over my head the whole time.

The problem is the stretch marks are not on my thighs. They are on my legs and the shorts won't be able to hide them. :(

I rarely wear shorts except around the house or at the beach but I have to wear lots of sunscreen or my white legs will burn plus they look a bit odd because my arms are dark.

My job required me to stay covered up for protection so I never got much sun there.

You can't live your life according to what you want people to say or think when they see you. That's not living.

Do you think I gave a damn what people said or thought if they saw me? Hell no. I was having a good time playing frisbee with my sister in the Atlantic. If I thought like you, I'd have been in bed with the covers over my head the whole time.

Agreed, and this comes down to how you feel about yourself inside. Too many people don't like themselves enough to not care about superficial things. If someone is willing to sacrifice doing something they want to do because they are concerned about what others "might" think, what a shame.

Agreed, and this comes down to how you feel about yourself inside. Too many people don't like themselves enough to not care about superficial things. If someone is willing to sacrifice doing something they want to do because they are concerned about what others "might" think, what a shame.

Just look at Michael Jackson.

He spent a fortune on surgery to alter his looks.

And in the end, what did that get him?

Did it make him a better person? I don't think so.

He could have done something wonderful with that money that he wasted to change his appearance.

He was a generous person, consider his efforts in Live Aid, USA for Africa. He could have spent his money for something more long-lasting and meaningful than for plastic surgery.

I hate to sound morbid, but now his body, that he had spent millions of dollars on "improving", is now rotting away, just like our's will someday. What good did it do for him in the end? Did it allow him to live longer, spend just another day on this planet?

What is the point, Spats, of obsessing over having a pimple on your face, or having stretch marks on your legs? No one is perfect. Spend you life on something more worthwhile than worrying about your appearance or another's appearance. Focus on one's character, and how you can make a contribution to the world, how you can leave a positive mark. That is what is important in life. Life is fleeting. It will be gone in the blink of an eye, and you will have wasted your time on earth worrying about something so meaningless as appearances, and you will have failed to live.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

He could have done something wonderful with that money that he wasted to change his appearance.

He was a generous person, consider his efforts in Live Aid, USA for Africa. He could have spent his money for something more long-lasting and meaningful than for plastic surgery.

I hate to sound morbid, but now his body, that he had spent millions of dollars on "improving", is now rotting away, just like our's will someday. What good did it do for him in the end? Did it allow him to live longer, spend just another day on this planet?

What is the point, Spats, of obsessing over having a pimple on your face, or having stretch marks on your legs? No one is perfect. Spend you life on something more worthwhile than worrying about your appearance or another's appearance. Focus on one's character, and how you can make a contribution to the world, how you can leave a positive mark. That is what is important in life. Life is fleeting. It will be gone in the blink of an eye, and you will have wasted your time on earth worrying about something so meaningless as appearances, and you will have failed to live.

Basically I agree. As far as Michael goes, I saw an interesting program a while back on plastic surgery and there was a psychiatrist being interviewed discussing people who get obsessed with it. He said with regard to Michael, part of his continuously changing his looks was to try to not look like his dad (apparently he was told growing up he resembled his father). I don't know if this is true or not, and we won't ever really know but I would suspect it could have been part of the motivation. Sadly people who are unhappy with who they are can try to focus on changing the outward part of themselves but if you don't love and accept who you are inside, all the plastic surgery in the world won't help. And in the end, who we are is far more important than what we look like.

Okay off the soap box ;)

Then wear pants 12 months of the year and don't bitch when you're hot. Who cares if you have stretch marks on your legs? My mom has stretch marks on her legs and she wears shorts in public in the summer and doesn't care. You can't live your life according to what you want people to say or think when they see you. That's not living.

I'm hardly a stick figure and I went to the beach this weekend in a bathing suit. A tankini, but a bathing suit. Do you think I gave a damn what people said or thought if they saw me? Hell no. I was having a good time playing frisbee with my sister in the Atlantic. If I thought like you, I'd have been in bed with the covers over my head the whole time.

I would agree with you Elizabeth if i wasn't trying to attract pretty women. But i am trying to do that and make the best first impression physically that i can. First impressions are everything. If you don't impress the first time you are finished.

I don't think physical appearance is meaningless and i don't think society thinks it's meaningless either. Or else women would not be going out with makeup on or getting dressed up etc.

Have you ever been out meeting the opposite sex and you had a damn pimple on you're chin and you can see them looking down at it even though they try not to make it obvious. I have. It just ruins the whole thing and you become self concious and you just want to leave.

I can see not paying attetnion to physical appearance if you are not trying to hook up with someone but if you are it matters.

And don't forget, there are two threads devoted to the physical appearance of men and women here. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by spats

I don't think physical appearance is meaningless and i don't think society thinks it's meaningless either. Or else women would not be going out with makeup on or getting dressed up etc.

Have you ever been out meeting the opposite sex and you had a damn pimple on you're chin and you can see them looking down at it even though they try not to make it obvious. I have. It just ruins the whole thing and you become self concious and you just want to leave.

I can see not paying attetnion to physical appearance if you are not trying to hook up with someone but if you are it matters.

And don't forget, there are two threads devoted to the physical appearance of men and women here. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well Spats,

I was hoping that you would finally wake up to the reality of the fragility of life and quit obsessing about looks, considering the recent events with Michael Jackson. But I guess I was wrong. I am giving up hope for you. I guess you will just fret your life away when you could be sharing it with a wonderful person who may not meet your hotness standards and who you won't even talk to because you have a pimple that they wouldn't even notice.

He just doesn't get it. :slapface:

He never will.

Hopeless.

What a waste.

My last attempt to help him wake up and give life a chance. My time is more precious than wasting it on him if he won't listen to reason. Every attempt by anyone to help him is met with his "yeah, but ..." response. I should have known better from his long history. I have learned my lesson. :slapface:

Spats, half fo the world's population has got stretch marks. You're pathetic if you think that the stretch marks on your legs are the reason why you're not getting laid.

Have you ever been out meeting the opposite sex and you had a damn pimple on you're chin

Its not the damn pimple on you`re (sic) chin, its the one on the end of your neck.

Don`t pop it, pus-for-brains.

If you don't impress the first time you are finished.

Well, you expert...my mom couldn't stand my dad when they first met. Actually, it took her months to change the opinion. Two grown children and they're still together. Yeah, he's totally finished.

One of my best friends has been dating her current bf for five years now, but when he first approached her, she thought he was a total idiot.

Another of my friends...when her pareints first met, her dad called her mom a stupid cow.

My guy saw me vomiting in front of the whole classroom; he saw my surface epidermis literally pealing off my face as a result of an acute allergy; he saw me making a fool of myself on ski; he saw how I sat down on a turd on the grass; he saw my hairy legs before I started shaving them; I could continue ad infinitum... All of that looong before we actually started dating. Very weird...

I was talking to my parents on the phone and they are at their vacation place down south. And my dad suddenly talks more to me than ever....on the phone 700 miles away, its unreal. he was sitting there and and getting all philosopical, when i call them everyday. then he suddenly says he sees my face in a dead tree stump with sunlight going through it.... i was like dad are you sure....a dead tree stump. then he says yeah its you and your hair, thats what i see. then he was trying to show it to my mom and she didnt see it. i don't know, its so funny to hear my dad wanting to talk to me so much...but when we are around each other the talking isnt that much.

Horseshoes.

Banjos.

Polka Dots.

Amplifier on fire.

Platypus.

Mathmatical strategies.

Gasoline Pumps.

Random Enough?

Hunger. Hunger. Cereal. Holes in my wall. Sleep. Tomato salad. Spice. Food. Mushroom soup. Emptiness in my stomach. My hair. Waking up early. Hunger. Rain. My poor eyes. Hunger.

Junk food. A lot of food. Anythig edible.

My mom's tuna salad is really good. Simple ingredients, but she makes it so much better than I do.

Spats, half fo the world's population has got stretch marks. You're pathetic if you think that the stretch marks on your legs are the reason why you're not getting laid.

I didn't say that. But they are not going to help. The opposite sex notices things like that.

I didn't say that. But they are not going to help. The opposite sex notices things like that.

There are two kinds of people who I go out of my way to avoid, Robert Plant and people with stretch marks.

There are two kinds of people who I go out of my way to avoid, Robert Plant and people with stretch marks.

Me too. When I meet a guy I'm like, "well, he seem's nice, but does he have stretch marks?" Because it's soo terribly important!! Forget checking out their eyes, their smile, their hair, their clothes, or their physical shape--the first thing I'm looking at is a guy's legs to see if they have stretch marks. Yeah, that's the first thing I look at!!

Me too. When I meet a guy I'm like, "well, he seem's nice, but does he have stretch marks?" Because it's soo terribly important!! Forget checking out their eyes, their smile, their hair, their clothes, or their physical shape--the first thing I'm looking at is a guy's legs to see if they have stretch marks. Yeah, that's the first thing I look at!!

Yeah, if he can't get rid of the stretch marks he probably won't do anything right.

It's just no good.

You know what i mean Bonnie. :rolleyes: I don't mean just stretch marks. I mean other unnattractive things like pimples, etc,etc.

And you pretty much just admitted that looks are important by saying what you are noticing when you look at a dude.

You know what i mean Bonnie. :rolleyes: I don't mean just stretch marks. I mean other unnattractive things like pimples, etc,etc.

And you pretty much just admitted that looks are important by saying what you are noticing when you look at a dude.

Of course I notice if a guy's what I consider attractive or not, I'm not blind. However, what is attractive to me might not be attractive to someone else. The thing is, looks aren't the only thing that attracts me to someone.