Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

I have a question I've been pondering for several days (which shows just how much time I have on my hands). If one has a plot of land upon which one grows both apples and oranges, is it called an orchard or a grove?

I have a question I've been pondering for several days (which shows just how much time I have on my hands). If one has a plot of land upon which one grows both apples and oranges, is it called an orchard or a grove?

Good question. I wonder if they can be grown in the same zone/climate? (You aren't by chance playing Farm Town?)

Good question. I wonder if they can be grown in the same zone/climate? (You aren't by chance playing Farm Town?)

Nope, just random brain droppings! :lol:

At least Robert Plant can count change without consulting the readout on the register.

A lot of good that does me if I need the perfect Slurpee. What good is a person who can count change if he can't make a Slurpee right? lol

A lot of good that does me if I need the perfect Slurpee. What good is a person who can count change if he can't make a Slurpee right? lol

Slurpee recipe:

Pour bottle of Slurpee mix into Slurpee machine. Turn machine to the "on" position.

I think the lemon squeezer could manage the technicalities. Now can your local Slurpee engineer figure out what the change is when I give him $2.13 for a $1.88 Slurpee without looking at the register?

Hint: it would be a quarter. ;)

Slurpee recipe:

Pour bottle of Slurpee mix into Slurpee machine. Turn machine to the "on" position.

I think the lemon squeezer could manage the technicalities. Now can your local Slurpee engineer figure out what the change is when I give him $2.13 for a $1.88 Slurpee without looking at the register?

Hint: it would be a quarter. ;)

So,if you give him exact change,you'd hold no quarter.....:P

So,if you give him exact change,you'd hold no quarter.....:P

So I can't, as we say in Vegas, color up?? B)

lol if he would pay more attention to making Slurpees right then we wouldn't have this problem.

Slurpee Tour 2010. What we've all been waiting for!! Screw the 02, we want the 7-11!!!!

*satire*

Hello:

If Michael Jackson's funeral was supposed to be private then it should have been completely private...no coverage of anything...I turned the tv on to CNN last eve but soon turned it off..

Juliet

R.I.P. MICHAEL...

Slurpee Tour 2010. What we've all been waiting for!! Screw the 02, we want the 7-11!!!!

*satire*

We no longer have Slurpees around Boise. Someone sold off all the 7-11's to the guy who owns the Texaco franchise. :(

We have ICEES though. <_<

Today I found the movie Animal Farm on Youtube. I knew that Animals by Pink Floyd was greatly influenced by the book so I decided to sync it. REALLY WEIRD PEOPLE! I suggest trying it. Now I know that its easy to see movements syncing with music in any movie. But not only movements, but the words synced with what was going on throughout the whole movie. For instance: Dogs barking when a dog walked up, birds chirping as some birds flew from the barn, a large stone fell on a horse while he sang the verse dragged down by the stone, It showed a flock of sheep when the song sheep started. Not to mention the verses telling the story without even listening to the movie. The movie is from the 50' so it's possible this was intentional. We really need Electrophile's opinion. ;)

This Tadoba Tigress came out all of sudden like a bullet while resting under the shade of trees behind a waterhole due to the aggression of a huge male Gaur and went other side of the road. Some 20 Minutes later when I was continuously searching her for another sight, all of sudden she appeared before us and keeps on coming towards our vehicle. She was checking and marking her territory throught the sighting period. She was so calm and busy in her work that she did not let herself disturbed by any means. The most important factor in this sighting is that, generally in summer we can sight the tigers nearby waterholes or on the road only early morning or late evening when the climate becomes cold. But this tigress was before us in the hot climate of evening, somewhere around 5:45 PM. Undoubtedly this was one of the best sightings of this season in Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve.

You may find some disturbance in video quality and the reason behind it is - I dont shoot this video with my handycam, instead I use my Olympus digital Camera. So you may find some degradation in quality of video. Hope to post other videos of this same tigress very soon.

Edited by eternal light

Just a thought, as I expected, Mercury is again retrograde. Sept 7th -29th.

So chill guys. :)

These things too shall pass.

thought...Robert's hair at the Rockwell gig. Wet? greasy? Gelly? WTF??

And it was truly swell to see Justin again play w/Robert. :wub:

Today I found the movie Animal Farm on Youtube. I knew that Animals by Pink Floyd was greatly influenced by the book so I decided to sync it. REALLY WEIRD PEOPLE! I suggest trying it. Now I know that its easy to see movements syncing with music in any movie. But not only movements, but the words synced with what was going on throughout the whole movie. For instance: Dogs barking when a dog walked up, birds chirping as some birds flew from the barn, a large stone fell on a horse while he sang the verse dragged down by the stone, It showed a flock of sheep when the song sheep started. Not to mention the verses telling the story without even listening to the movie. The movie is from the 50' so it's possible this was intentional. We really need Electrophile's opinion. ;)

I'm glad you think I'm a Pink Floyd aficionado, although I really wouldn't call myself that. Much like the whole "Dark Side of the Rainbow" urban legend, I think this falls under the same category. I haven't read anything that suggests when making the album, they intentionally tried to sync it up with some movie from the 1950s based on the same book.

I would file this under "You can force a coincidence to appear if you try hard enough".

Can someone please explain to me why we as a people can put a man on the moon,invent the Internet,discover electricity,the assembly line,the internal combustion engine,the solid-body electric guitar,but nobody can come up with a FUCKING COASTER THAT WON'T STICK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING GLASS!!!!!!

SHIT!!!

Can someone please explain to me why we as a people can put a man on the moon,invent the Internet,discover electricity,the assembly line,the internal combustion engine,the solid-body electric guitar,but nobody can come up with a FUCKING COASTER THAT WON'T STICK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING GLASS!!!!!!

SHIT!!!

I feel your aggravation, but the reason it sticks is quite simple: Suction. Condensation will pool underneath the glass causing a mini-vacuum effect to happen between the bottom of the glass/bottle and the surface of the coaster. If you want to eliminate this, use a coaster made of cork. Water will drip into the material, but stay there and eventually evaporate. That way when you pick up the glass, the coaster stays on the table.

I feel your aggravation, but the reason it sticks is quite simple: Suction. Condensation will pool underneath the glass causing a mini-vacuum effect to happen between the bottom of the glass/bottle and the surface of the coaster. If you want to eliminate this, use a coaster made of cork. Water will drip into the material, but stay there and eventually evaporate. That way when you pick up the glass, the coaster stays on the table.

Thanks.....I knew it has something to do with the condensation,I just didn't know to what extent.

I have used the cork ones,and they still stick.I think it has something to do with how dense the cork itself is.If it's too dense,it won't absorb.

None of which changes the fact that it annoys the fuck out of me.

Edited by 59LesPaul

Hello:

If Michael Jackson's funeral was supposed to be private then it should have been completely private...no coverage of anything...I turned the tv on to CNN last eve but soon turned it off..

Juliet

R.I.P. MICHAEL...

Just to expand on this, am I the only person getting sick of the Michael Jackson coverage? No matter what time of day it is, I will stumble upon at least 3 channels continuing to talk about his death, the memorial service, the funeral, the tribute concert.....when is enough enough? How many drug addicts who OD do you know of who get this much airtime? It's been almost 3 months now, for cryin' out loud.

Will attend a peace conference tomorrow. Look's like it will be a nice day ahead and I was informed it will be a big event. There will more than likely be more Asheville VIP's attending which is always good <_<

I guess it's not a public event.

I'm going to spend three days in Rio de Janeiro next month! :D I'm sooo happy, Rio is THE most beautiful city I have ever been to. B)