Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

I'm going to spend three days in Rio de Janeiro next month! :D I'm sooo happy, Rio is THE most beautiful city I have ever been to. B)

Very nice :D I can't wait to go there someday!!!!

I have the shittiest name on this forum. :(

Lena_Zep with accidental _ in front! What a crap. :angry:

You know I never even thought about it. I thought it was pretty cool.

Help!! I'm having a grammatical meltdown. I'm trying to say something that, when I try to say it naturally without thinking about it, comes out sounding like this, "I would've liked to have seen him do this," and I KNOW that's not right, but for some reason I can't get the right combination of words put together. "I would have liked to see him do this"? "I would like to have seen him do this"? Those don't seem quite as messed up, but they don't sound quite right to my ear, either. What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks.....I knew it has something to do with the condensation,I just didn't know to what extent.

I have used the cork ones,and they still stick.I think it has something to do with how dense the cork itself is.If it's too dense,it won't absorb.

None of which changes the fact that it annoys the fuck out of me.

'50, get sandstone ones. They're too heavy to stick to the glasses. We also have some other ones that are made out of some sort of terra cotta that doesn't stick.

http://www.thirstycoasters.com/

We got Budweiser ones from the Budweiser brewery in St. Louis.

Help!! I'm having a grammatical meltdown. I'm trying to say something that, when I try to say it naturally without thinking about it, comes out sounding like this, "I would've liked to have seen him do this," and I KNOW that's not right, but for some reason I can't get the right combination of words put together. "I would have liked to see him do this"? "I would like to have seen him do this"? Those don't seem quite as messed up, but they don't sound quite right to my ear, either. What am I doing wrong?!

I would suggest slowing down B)

Can someone please explain to me why we as a people can put a man on the moon,invent the Internet,discover electricity,the assembly line,the internal combustion engine,the solid-body electric guitar,but nobody can come up with a FUCKING COASTER THAT WON'T STICK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING GLASS!!!!!!

SHIT!!!

LOL--I had ones custom made with wood and the insert is a piece of carpet, and they look nice, no condensation ever and I have had them 10 years at least.

I bolded the correct sentence, at least according to how I learned it many, many, many moons ago. "I would have liked to" is a past unreal conditional and "have seen" is straight past tense.. So, while it sounds too wordy to be correct, it is. :)

http://www.englishpage.com/conditional/pastconditional.html

Can someone please explain to me why we as a people can put a man on the moon,invent the Internet,discover electricity,the assembly line,the internal combustion engine,the solid-body electric guitar,but nobody can come up with a FUCKING COASTER THAT WON'T STICK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING GLASS!!!!!!

SHIT!!!

I dunno I'm still mastering the SHIT!!! part.

:hysterical::hysterical:

ok so I'm sick, and what else is there to do? I'm downstairs doing laundry when I notice a crack on the cement wall (basement's not finished yet). Following the crack, it extends to the floor. Following it some more, it spiders out a bit on the floor, but extends all the way across to the other side, and all the way up that wall, too. Never had any leakage problems, and a house is supposed to 'set', right? But is this normal?

ok so I'm sick, and what else is there to do? I'm downstairs doing laundry when I notice a crack on the cement wall (basement's not finished yet). Following the crack, it extends to the floor. Following it some more, it spiders out a bit on the floor, but extends all the way across to the other side, and all the way up that wall, too. Never had any leakage problems, and a house is supposed to 'set', right? But is this normal?

I'd have it checked out just to be sure. I have settling cracks that don't seem to get worse but every time they're patched, they come back. You haven't noticed any leaking or anything have you?

I'd have it checked out just to be sure. I have settling cracks that don't seem to get worse but every time they're patched, they come back. You haven't noticed any leaking or anything have you?

Just some dampness in the cool room (where there are no cracks, so maybe that's the window?), but other than that, the walls have been completely dry. Watch, as soon as the builder's warranty expires poof! - flood! Knock on wood it won't happen, although today's weather is as good a test as any. Will get it checked out before the winter freeze, though. That crack wasn't this extensive last fall.

Just some dampness in the cool room (where there are no cracks, so maybe that's the window?), but other than that, the walls have been completely dry. Watch, as soon as the builder's warranty expires poof! - flood! Knock on wood it won't happen, although today's weather is as good a test as any. Will get it checked out before the winter freeze, though. That crack wasn't this extensive last fall.

http://www.inspect-ny.com/structure/FoundationCracks.htm

I went to the dermatologist yesterday to get a suspicious mole removed. It'll be at least a week before I hear back from her about the results. I hate waiting...that's always the hardest part.

^ good luck.

"Helping" my daughter with Algebra brings back the sweats I used to get in school. :unsure:

We get to play the "Halloween" theme in band! Though, our clarinet section got those repetitive 8th notes in the song that makes us mess up after playing it for a long time :wacko:

(And to be honest, I get a bit paranoid when we hear the song or start playing it since I watched the movie just days before. I keep thinking he's gonna come out of the locker room or something :ph34r: )

How come there seem to be two Janets on the forum - one from Canada, one from Indiana? Not a gripe, just curious

Old house or new Pat ? Are the cracks :bagoverhead: deep ?????