Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Silly question but why does "Random Thoughts" have an v.3 at the end?

I thought it stood for volume 3 but i never thought to ask....maybe someone knows for sure...good random question SZ...

"A friend loves at all times..."

Proverbs 17:17

What is your definition of "friend".....Most likely where we differ.

Because a razor cuts across a frame of film, I wince, squinting my eye, and because my day needs assembly to make sense of the scenes anyway, making a story from some pieces of truth, I go outside to gather those pieces. Thousands of moments spooling out frames of mistakes in my day. As if anyone's to blame, as if anyone could interpret the colliding images, again and again, dragging my imagination behind me, I begin assembling. I don't know anything, so I seek directions, following the path of ants from your palm, out the apartment door to a beach. Is this where I'm supposed to ask if my hands on you bend some light around shade? Maybe I'm not ready for the answer. They say art imitates what we can sculpt or write or just see when we turn ourselves inside out. I can't turn my eye away from the sight of failure. The rain pelts rooftops. I listen to the song, thinking when the sun comes back, beating down the door in my head, I'll salvage whatever sits still long enough for me to render, before anyone knows what really happened.

i think V.3 means version 3. there must have been 2 other random thoughts threads ( or versions/variations ) that got lost a while back?

V-3 ( random thought )
The V-3 was a German World War II supergun working on the multi-charge principle whereby secondary propellant charges are fired to add velocity to a projectile.

What is your definition of "friend".....Most likely where we differ.

Canada

Billy Collins

I am writing this on a strip of white birch bark
that I cut from a tree with a penknife.
There is no other way to express adequately
the immensity of the clouds that are passing over the farms
and wooded lakes of Ontario and the endless visibility
that hands you the horizon on a platter.

I am also writing this in a wooden canoe,
a point of balance in the middle of Lake Couchiching,
resting the birch bark against my knees.
I can feel the sun’s hands on my bare back,
but I am thinking of winter,
snow piled up in all the provinces
and the solemnity of the long grain-ships
that pass the cold months moored at Owen Sound.

O Canada, as the anthem goes,
scene of my boyhood summers,
you are the pack of Sweet Caporals on the table,
you are the dove-soft train whistle in the night,
you are the empty chair at the end of an empty dock.
You are the shelves of books in a lakeside cottage:
Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh,
A Child’s Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson,
Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery,
So You’re Going to Paris! by Clara E. Laughlin,
and Peril Over the Airport, one
of the Vicky Barr Flight Stewardess series
by Helen Wills whom some will remember
as the author of the Cherry Ames Nurse stories.
What has become of the languorous girls
who would pass the long limp summer evenings reading
Cherry Ames, Student Nurse, Cherry Ames, Senior Nurse,
Cherry Ames, Chief Nurse, and Cherry Ames, Flight Nurse?
Where are they now, the ones who shared her adventures
as a veterans’ nurse, private duty nurse, visiting nurse,
cruise nurse, night supervisor, mountaineer nurse,
dude ranch nurse (there is little she has not done),
rest home nurse, department store nurse,
boarding school nurse, and country doctor's nurse?

O Canada, I have not forgotten you,
and as I kneel in my canoe, beholding this vision
of a bookcase, I pray that I remain in your vast,
polar, North American memory.
You are the paddle, the snowshoe, the cabin in the pines.
You are Jean de Brébeuf with his martyr’s necklace of hatchet heads.
You are the moose in the clearing and the moosehead on the wall.
You are the rapids, the propeller, the kerosene lamp.
You are the dust that coats the roadside berries.
But not only that.
You are the two boys with pails walking along that road,
and one of them, the taller one minus the straw hat, is me.

I find myself thinking that a lot when communicating with Wes.

lol LD....

I originally wrote "Good One Wes" and he has replied with enough text to rival "War and Peace".

I think I will refrain from the G-Man. Nothing personal. Just too much other good stuff going on around here to put my time into.

ciao LD,

Fishy

lol LD....

I originally wrote "Good One Wes" and he has replied with enough text to rival "War and Peace".

I think I will refrain from the G-Man. Nothing personal. Just too much other good stuff going on around here to put my time into.

ciao LD,

Fishy

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

It's the third version(or volume, if you like) of the Random Thoughts thread, carried over from the electric-magic forum.

It's days like these when I realise I'm closer to the end of my life than the beginning.

Because a razor cuts across a frame of film, I wince, squinting my eye, and because my day needs assembly to make sense of the scenes anyway, making a story from some pieces of truth, I go outside to gather those pieces. Thousands of moments spooling out frames of mistakes in my day. As if anyone's to blame, as if anyone could interpret the colliding images, again and again, dragging my imagination behind me, I begin assembling. I don't know anything, so I seek directions, following the path of ants from your palm, out the apartment door to a beach. Is this where I'm supposed to ask if my hands on you bend some light around shade? Maybe I'm not ready for the answer. They say art imitates what we can sculpt or write or just see when we turn ourselves inside out. I can't turn my eye away from the sight of failure. The rain pelts rooftops. I listen to the song, thinking when the sun comes back, beating down the door in my head, I'll salvage whatever sits still long enough for me to render, before anyone knows what really happened.

Plundering/inspired by Buñuel and Dali.

Just wanted to say I admire this guy for his courage & wonder if it will open the door for more athletes to come out and not have to hide who they are.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9226747/nba-jason-collins-says-us-ready-openly-gay-player

Hi Paul carruthers!

I get that people are proud of his 'admission'. What I don't get is why now he is on the cover of a magazine as a 'gay' anything. Why the need for the modifier?

One of my best friends in this world is a gay man, who, and I quote, "hates gay people". He and his spouse have nothing to do with the parades, etc. They are too busy living their lives, like everyone else, which is all they consider themselves, like everyone else.

My two cents...

^^ Hey planted, I think it says something about us as a society that it has taken this long for an athlete to come out of the closet. And Jason Collins should just be seen as an athlete & not a "gay" athlete but I think we are still a long way from that happening. But there has to be a first something & as I said before maybe his coming out will open the door for others to the point where we as a society won't have to pigeon-hole them as "gay" athletes.

It's a nice dream anyway.

^^ Hey planted, I think it says something about us as a society that it has taken this long for an athlete to come out of the closet. And Jason Collins should just be seen as an athlete & not a "gay" athlete but I think we are still a long way from that happening. But there has to be a first something & as I said before maybe his coming out will open the door for others to the point where we as a society won't have to pigeon-hole them as "gay" athletes.

Well said Paul!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and I agree. We still have a long way to go.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and I agree. We still have a long way to go.

And a short time to get there...

Short. Sharp. Shock.

Edited by Strider

Ever drive yourself mad on something that may not exist?