Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

i don't understand what is going on in the U.S. atm .... could someone please explain this whole thing to me in BASIC terms?

without your own political bias?

there is stuff all over facebook and i just can't seem to understand wtf is happening, but i know it aint good, and it scares me .....

i don't understand what is going on in the U.S. atm .... could someone please explain this whole thing to me in BASIC terms?

there is stuff all over facebook and i just can't seem to understand wtf is happening, but i know it aint good, and it scares me .....

What kind of stuff are hearing on facebook? And why does it scare you?

The country is promising to spend money it doesn’t have, it needs massive deep dogmatic cuts in spending for both the military and welfare social spending because America is insolvent and will most likely tear itself apart at some point in the next 15 years into a minimum of 3 new countries. When someone promises to endlessly spend money on social welfare spending and the military you end up with the USSR – the USSR no longer exists by the way…

Goodness gracious, stop reading Facebook and read one of your respectable Aussie newspapers for the news. Facebook is worse than a sewing circle of gossiping old crows.

Goodness gracious, stop reading Facebook and read one of your respectable Aussie newspapers for the news. Facebook is worse than a sewing circle of gossiping old crows.

i take offense at that.

how dare you insinuate that my friends and contacts are like that.

wow.

i take offense at that.

how dare you insinuate that my friends and contacts are like that.

wow.

Relax, Jules. I wasn't directing that at your friends per se. I meant Facebook in general, where all these anonymous political pages proliferate spreading all sorts of rumours.

Did you or did you not, come on here earlier posting that what you were reading on Facebook was scaring you? That's what I was responding to...if what you're reading on Facebook was confusing and scaring you, that the mess in the U.S. might be better clarified and understood by reading a reputable news outlet. You can't always trust what people post on Facebook.

I've got a baby possum that's been hanging out on my back porch and deck the last few days.

I wish Ellie May lived in my neighborhood...

I've got a baby possum that's been hanging out on my back porch and deck the last few days.

I wish Ellie May lived in my neighborhood...

Or failing that, Ma Kettle. ;)

Relax, Jules. I wasn't directing that at your friends per se. I meant Facebook in general, where all these anonymous political pages proliferate spreading all sorts of rumours.

Did you or did you not, come on here earlier posting that what you were reading on Facebook was scaring you? That's what I was responding to...if what you're reading on Facebook was confusing and scaring you, that the mess in the U.S. might be better clarified and understood by reading a reputable news outlet. You can't always trust what people post on Facebook.

i said that what was happening was scaring me.

i do read papers.

i do watch the news.

and i read articles online.

and read postings on here.

and i talk with my husband.

and i talk with friends.

i just thought some of you U.S. citizens might give me another more clearer view.

guess not.

stz, a very reasonable question. To answer you in my terms only:

We are, a divided nation on fiscal responsibllty, and social responsiblity.

This may be a simple minded response on my part. But through my eyes, that's the gist of it

stz, a very reasonable question. To answer you in my terms only:

We are, a divided nation on fiscal responsibllty, and social responsiblity.

This may be a simple minded response on my part. But through my eyes, that's the gist of it

thank you, jabe.

it does seem to me that there is just so much anger, division over there....

Starkle, starkle, little twink,
Who the hell are you I think.
I'm not under what you call
The alcofluence of incohol.
I'm just a little slort of sheep,
I'm not drunk like thinkle peep.
I don't know who is me yet,
But the drunker I stand here the longer I get.
So just give me one more fink to drill my cup,
'Cause I got all day undrunk to Sunday up. :twisted:

Think of it like this, Jules...you have a credit card. Your credit limit on the card is $20,000. But you amass $30,000 in charges, thinking that extra $10,000 is no big deal. You'll pay it off in the future. But next year is the same and the year after that...every year you are spending more than your budget and you have accrued so much debt that you can barely pay down the interest of said debt.

Now, the sensible thing to do would be to tighten the belt and cut your spending way down and live within your means. But the U.S. Government has a better idea. Instead of acting responsibly and rationally, what Obama and his supporters want to do is just raise the debt limit the country can carry.

So, it would be like if your credit card limit was raised to $30,000. But just as you spent $10,000 more than you were allowed when your limit was $20,000, with the $30,000 limit you now spend $40,000. You keep getting deeper and deeper in debt. The more your credit limit is raised, the more you spend beyond what you have.

It's the same with the US. The more the debt ceiling is raised, the more the U.S. spends money it doesn't have.

Think of it like this, Jules...you have a credit card. Your credit limit on the card is $20,000. But you amass $30,000 in charges, thinking that extra $10,000 is no big deal. You'll pay it off in the future. But next year is the same and the year after that...every year you are spending more than your budget and you have accrued so much debt that you can barely pay down the interest of said debt.

Now, the sensible thing to do would be to tighten the belt and cut your spending way down and live within your means. But the U.S. Government has a better idea. Instead of acting responsibly and rationally, what Obama and his supporters want to do is just raise the debt limit the country can carry.

So, it would be like if your credit card limit was raised to $30,000. But just as you spent $10,000 more than you were allowed when your limit was $20,000, with the $30,000 limit you now spend $40,000. You keep getting deeper and deeper in debt. The more your credit limit is raised, the more you spend beyond what you have.

It's the same with the US. The more the debt ceiling is raised, the more the U.S. spends money it doesn't have.

thanks, strider.:)

i do understand about overspending by governments - our last one did it , too. surely there is more to it than that, though?