Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Do you guys ever wonder why there's pink lemonade but no pink lemon's?

Hi djzoso,

My lemons are Pink, and if you squeese them they turn a Deep Purple. ;):P:lol:

Regards, Danny

Here - for what it's worth - is a little declaration from me, intended for those few people on here who might be interested. For my part, I did not join these forums to link up with any particular wing of the Zeppelin fan base, but simply to have a talk with other fans of the band, period. I don't consider myself as belonging to any particular group of people or faction within the fan base, never have, and NEVER will. There are people here who seem unable to stop posting in a divisive manner, and it comes off as if they are trying endlessly to polarize these forums, or even to drive their "opponents" away from here, even if these are obviously knowledgeable and dedicated fans.

Think about it: if they're only stating their opinion, that still begs the question why they have to keep stating it here - after all, their opinion that a certain Mr. so and so is a jackass, an asshole, not even a mammal, and a freaking anorak - whatever - will still be their opinion if they're silent about it, and in fact this personal opinion isn't terribly important for others to know about, is it? I mean, why should you care if I happen to think that somebody here is a fucking idiot? There's no need to talk about it at all.

If you really dislike somebody, bypass them. It's really possible! It's exactly what I do with certain people who keep posting here (which of course is not to say that every person I haven't talked to is a moron in my opinion). On the other hand, I will not necessarily always agree with people I DO like, and I am likely to state my disagreement with them in at least some cases. That shouldn't be a problem, and shouldn't be seen as me aligning myself with "the other side" of the divide. I'm just not interested in those divisions at all, and I happen to find them ridiculous. That's all, folks - thanks for your time. :)

Brilliant post Otto.

I've agreed and disagreed with most of my real life and forum friends for as long as I can remember. TBH, I don't see how it could be a real debate or opinion without that element. Losing friends on this forum because you state your opinion is not something I've enjoyed but, I am what I am and will continue to give my opinion on any subject without fear . Being tagged has dictatorship written all over it and usually the people who do the tagging have issues themselves that they can't overcome or fear. I think this forum really needs to get over that.

Here - for what it's worth - is a little declaration from me, intended for those few people on here who might be interested. For my part, I did not join these forums to link up with any particular wing of the Zeppelin fan base, but simply to have a talk with other fans of the band, period. I don't consider myself as belonging to any particular group of people or faction within the fan base, never have, and NEVER will. There are people here who seem unable to stop posting in a divisive manner, and it comes off as if they are trying endlessly to polarize these forums, or even to drive their "opponents" away from here, even if these are obviously knowledgeable and dedicated fans.

Think about it: if they're only stating their opinion, that still begs the question why they have to keep stating it here - after all, their opinion that a certain Mr. so and so is a jackass, an asshole, not even a mammal, and a freaking anorak - whatever - will still be their opinion if they're silent about it, and in fact this personal opinion isn't terribly important for others to know about, is it? I mean, why should you care if I happen to think that somebody here is a fucking idiot? There's no need to talk about it at all.

If you really dislike somebody, bypass them. It's really possible! It's exactly what I do with certain people who keep posting here (which of course is not to say that every person I haven't talked to is a moron in my opinion). On the other hand, I will not necessarily always agree with people I DO like, and I am likely to state my disagreement with them in at least some cases. That shouldn't be a problem, and shouldn't be seen as me aligning myself with "the other side" of the divide. I'm just not interested in those divisions at all, and I happen to find them ridiculous. That's all, folks - thanks for your time. :)

Utopia: An ideally perfect place, especially in its social, political, and moral aspects.

hi yall. who remembers me? poking my head back in for a looksee. :wave:

Me! I do! :wave:

Sorry for the delay, I hardly ever visit this thread! Drop in more often, Day Tripper. :)

I've decided I'm making Christmas presents for my family this year, rather than buying them. It's cheaper to head to AC Moore or a place like that and buy some paints, brushes and wood pieces and give something that they'll get more use out of. Unless of course they specifically ask for one thing that isn't like ridiculously priced. I might be able to swing that, then.

I don't know what advertising agency the milk board hired, but those white gold commercials with the guitar playing musician are becoming just weird.

Edited by ledzepfvr

Thanks for the kind words, Ally. :)

Hickory Man, what I posted was hardly utopian. Just stating my own view of things, really. It should be kept in mind that these forums after all are a venue for public discussion, and that means people are supposed to try to stick to the topics and behave like grown-ups (dammit). That does not prevent us from having fun - on the contrary: constant bickering destroys the forums for most of us, because it's not funny, and because it's not what we came here for. None of us are perfect, but we can do a lot better.

I also think it's intolerable when people pretend to be somebody else, and if somebody seriously pretends to be band member they should be kicked out from these forums. Surely we all agree on that.

Thanks for the kind words, Ally. :)

Hickory Man, what I posted was hardly utopian. Just stating my own view of things, really. It should be kept in mind that these forums after all are a venue for public discussion, and that means people are supposed to try to stick to the topics and behave like grown-ups (dammit). That does not prevent us from having fun - on the contrary: constant bickering destroys the forums for most of us, because it's not funny, and because it's not what we came here for. None of us are perfect, but we can do a lot better.

I also think it's intolerable when people pretend to be somebody else, and if somebody seriously pretends to be band member they should be kicked out from these forums. Surely we all agree on that.

Anyone pretending to be a band member should be drawn, hung and quartered.

Hi djzoso,

My lemons are Pink, and if you squeese them they turn a Deep Purple. ;):P:lol:

Regards, Danny

Dude if your lemons are pink, i suggest you get them checked ;):lol:

Anyone pretending to be a band member should be drawn, hung and quartered.

I've never seen anyone do that, have you?

Random: I think Sam should go back to the old ways of not counting posts in Ramble On.

Lately Ramble On is filled with....well...crappola. I see the same people day after day after day only playing the stupid games. Sheesh, take up knitting if you have such mindless time on your hands. ( I USED to be one of those people :mellow: but I grew out of it.)

I guess I just don't understand why someone would join a fan site to only "play games" :blink: . There ARE games on sites just FOR games that are a lot more fun.

Oh well, it's just IMHO anyway. Have a blast! :coffee:

I say do away with post counts all together, maybe put it on your profile page if at all. I guess it makes some people feel important, or special to have a high post count, but when I join a forum and see members with 8,000 posts I think, Jeez someone needs a life

Random: I think Sam should go back to the old ways of not counting posts in Ramble On.

Lately Ramble On is filled with....well...crappola. I see the same people day after day after day only playing the stupid games. Sheesh, take up knitting if you have such mindless time on your hands. ( I USED to be one of those people :mellow: but I grew out of it.)

I guess I just don't understand why someone would join a fan site to only "play games" :blink: . There ARE games on sites just FOR games that are a lot more fun.

No I haven't Hotplant but even though I've got a bit of free time before I do my evening shift, I don't read every thread. I took the comment to mean that it wouldn't be acceptable to anyone should someone try that and that it would be one of those occations

where all would agree on the punishment.

I say do away with post counts all together, maybe put it on your profile page if at all. I guess it makes some people feel important, or special to have a high post count, but when I join a forum and see members with 8,000 posts I think, Jeez someone needs a life

Personally, I agree that post counts mean didley and it wouldn't bother me in the least if they were done away with. Gotta say though that I find lurking to be kinda creepy. At least someone with a high post count is participating .

You do live by assumptions, don't you? Well, here's one: when half the posts of a "new member" are negative towards me, as they are in your case, I think a banned member has returned. Feel free to stay until you are banned again.

You do live by assumptions, don't you? Well, here's one: when half the posts of a "new member" are negative towards me, as they are in your case, I think a banned member has returned. Feel free to stay until you are banned again.

You seem to be making a few assumptions of your own. If you want to take my dislike for John Bolton and politicians in general as some kind of a jab at you, feel free (whatever floats your boat, although I have to question how large of an ego it takes to make that leap but whatever). As far as the post count thing, that applies to anyone with a huge number of posts. You seem a little paranoid if you don't mind me saying, and for arguments sake, if I were a banned member returning what would be the point of another ban?

If I had it in mind to sling mud I wouldn't beat around the bush about it

Let people post where they want, when they want. I post in LZ-related threads and "game" threads too, not to mention the non-LZ, non-game threads here in Ramble On. I hardly post here as it is anyway, since most of the people I enjoyed talking to left a while ago. Post counts....eh. I don't care what peoples' post counts are, mine included. I don't even look at them.

People are members here and post here for their own reasons. I can understand being upset about banned members coming back and starting trouble but members posting in game threads? Why get annoyed by that?

Personally, I agree that post counts mean didley and it wouldn't bother me in the least if they were done away with. Gotta say though that I find lurking to be kinda creepy. At least someone with a high post count is participating .

Post count is a tool for discernment. For example, if someone has well over 500 posts that tells me they have a substantial amount of contributions to the forum available for review. The value of that body of work is for each of us to decide. I also find I will give more consideration to and put more effort in my responses to a high post count forum member than to an eight post count newbie (for example). The reason for this is that all too often low count post members are trolls or previously banned members in disguise, but they always get weeded out before attaining a high post count. I can assure you there are no prizes to be won for a high post count, and

others even have the audacity to criticize those who have managed to attain one.

Post count is a tool for discernment. For example, if someone has well over 500 posts that tells me they have a substantial amount of contributions to the forum available for review. The value of that body of work is for each of us to decide. I also find I will give more consideration to and put more effort in my responses to a high post count forum member than to an eight post count newbie (for example). The reason for this is that all too often low count post members are trolls or previously banned members in disguise, but they always get weeded out before attaining a high post count. I can assure you there are no prizes to be won for a high post count, and

others even have the audacity to criticize those who have managed to attain one.

Body of work?blink.gif I have a pretty large vocabulary but I'm speechless...

Unless of course it's humour, in which case you sir are absolutely brilliant

If I were a banned member returning what would be the point of another ban?

Another ban would once again reduce you to a zero post lurker.

Body of work?blink.gif I have a pretty large vocabulary but I'm speechless...unless of course it's humour, in which case you sir are absolutely brilliant

I'm quite confident of my brilliance when compared against the species in general.

Another ban would once again reduce you to a zero post lurker.

As opposed to a self aggrandizing petty forum king?

I'm the one advocating doing away with post counts all together so let's hypothetically accept your scenario as true...Do you think that would trouble me in the least?

edit tsk tsk double posting is bad forum manners

Edited by Festering Gob

As opposed to a self aggrandizing petty forum king?

I'm the one advocating doing away with post counts all together so let's hypothetically accept your scenario as true...Do you think that would trouble me in the least?

edit tsk tsk double posting is bad forum manners

I'm looking right through you and time will prove you are exactly what I said you are. Placing you on ignore now.

I'm looking right through you and time will prove you are exactly what I said you are. Placing you on ignore now.

And what is it you think you see? ignore or not you will read this post, I have no doubt. (who is looking through who?) and I submit for you perusal that your "body of work" proves you are exactly what I said you are(granted I AM making an assumption there(no desire to read thru it all) but I have a gut feeling I'm on the money)

Quite the manly thing to do, make accusations then put someone on ignore, frankly I had hoped you were made of sterner stuff.

anyway it's been fun