Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Overweening arrogance comes to mind.

...thanks for the compliment, member since 2004...

Member since Oct 12, 1996

Edited by SteveAJones

Let people post where they want, when they want. I post in LZ-related threads and "game" threads too, not to mention the non-LZ, non-game threads here in Ramble On. I hardly post here as it is anyway, since most of the people I enjoyed talking to left a while ago. Post counts....eh. I don't care what peoples' post counts are, mine included. I don't even look at them.

People are members here and post here for their own reasons. I can understand being upset about banned members coming back and starting trouble but members posting in game threads? Why get annoyed by that?

Well good for you Electro!

Because I'm allowed to. :) Yeah, their own reasons. :wacko:

I'm not the only one who thinks they're stupid, (games) as Rover put it once, they are 'the trailer parks of Ramble On.' :D

A seperate section for that would be ideal, but it's never been considered.

Dude if your lemons are pink, i suggest you get them checked ;):lol:

Thanks djzoso, i went to see the Doc today and she confirmed it, they are "Plums" :o:lol:

Thanks Doc. ;):D

Regards, Danny

Edited by BIGDAN

Thanks djzoso, i went to see the Doc today and she confirmed it, they are "Plums" :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

LOL Danny, I'm never eating another plum again :lol:

She hits the nail on the head and then we have Stevie...."the be all,end all"

Tell us when you 'really' became a fan.It might explain YOUR adolescent obsession today!

Thanks for the kind words, Ally. :)

Hickory Man, what I posted was hardly utopian. Just stating my own view of things, really. It should be kept in mind that these forums after all are a venue for public discussion, and that means people are supposed to try to stick to the topics and behave like grown-ups (dammit). That does not prevent us from having fun - on the contrary: constant bickering destroys the forums for most of us, because it's not funny, and because it's not what we came here for. None of us are perfect, but we can do a lot better.

I also think it's intolerable when people pretend to be somebody else, and if somebody seriously pretends to be band member they should be kicked out from these forums. Surely we all agree on that.

Do you really think all posters are on a level playing field here Otto? People come here for a multitude of reasons, surmising that you know what we all came here for is audacious at best.... good vibey posts, introspective posts, and yes bickering are a part of the overall balance. If you want to counsel people to ignore somebody obnoxious, then I guess we can ignore those that are not as willing to turn the other cheek.

It does amaze me that there is one, and occasionally two people here that manage to really get the members hackles up, and it's everyone else that should avoid the issue, rather than dealing with the issue itself/themselves. :blink:

LOL Danny, I'm never eating another plum again :lol:

Hi Ally,

"Suck it and see" as my Old Nan used to say, you wont know if you like it if you dont try it will you? :P:lol:

Regards, Danny

Do you really think all posters are on a level playing field here Otto? People come here for a multitude of reasons, surmising that you know what we all came here for is audacious at best.... good vibey posts, introspective posts, and yes bickering are a part of the overall balance. If you want to counsel people to ignore somebody obnoxious, then I guess we can ignore those that are not as willing to turn the other cheek.

It does amaze me that there is one, and occasionally two people here that manage to really get the members hackles up, and it's everyone else that should avoid the issue, rather than dealing with the issue itself/themselves. :blink:

I think that your opinion of people posting for a variety of reasons is accurate enough but you must admit it does get old when people show up for the sole purpose of slagging.

I won't speak for Otto but I do agree that we can all be guilty of involving ourselves in the nonsense from time to time. Most of it could be avoided if we chose to do so.

Yes, I'm including myself in that statement

Regards, Danny

Danny,you're good,as long as they're not blue

I think that your opinion of people posting for a variety of reasons is accurate enough but you must admit it does get old when people show up for the sole purpose of slagging.

I won't speak for Otto but I do agree that we can all be guilty of involving ourselves in the nonsense from time to time. Most of it could be avoided if we chose to do so.

Yes, I'm including myself in that statement

Cheers to you Ally... I guess I find this place comparitively calm in the slagging dept. because my secondary online interests have traditionally been Ford high performance car forums. :D

I mean :o Skin 5 feet thick may not be enough!

Cheers to you Ally... I guess I find this place comparitively calm in the slagging dept. because my secondary online interests have traditionally been Ford high performance car forums. :D

Sounds like my kind of places.

I speak fluent Cobra-Jet.B)

Regards, Danny

:o -speechless :D

I see your point HM and agree that a thick skin is not an unreasonable requirement for all forum participation.

Not to say that it's ok but who the hell knows what's going on in a persons life that may factor in to some of them reacting negatively to any given post. The poster may in fact be participating on the forum (when maybe they shouldn't be) because they feel a need to hang out with friends and folk they feel akin to. When it comes to long time posters, I suppose I tend to factor that in more than some . Even when it's somebody that I may not talk to on a regular basis. Common sense would say that maybe that poster should step back and limit their participation for a while but, I can't help but think that on occasion, walking away could also be the worst thing that poster could do. I'm not trying to save the world but, it bothers me to see good people walk away from this place because they no longer feel comfortable posting. Trolls on the other hand, are a completely different matter

Sounds like my kind of places.

I speak fluent Cobra-Jet.B)

B)

I learned to drive on my dad's 67' Stang, but it was my mom's 85' Firebird that was easiest for me to borrow...wonder why.... :D

B)

I learned to drive on my dad's 67' Stang, but it was my mom's 85' Firebird that was easiest for me to borrow...wonder why.... :D

Dammit,you can't dangle a carrot like that without details!!

Fastback,Notchback or convertible?

Automatic or 4-speed?

Straight six or V8?

289,302,351W,351C,390,428,429?

Well!?

We're waiting....

caddyshack_5F00_smales_5F00_frown.jpg

B)

I had my lick's (after my older sister's got there's) on a 1966 Mustang! In-line 200CID 6 banger, Holly Monojet carb, 3 speed in the console that run's down from the dash to the back seat! That sucker had almost 300K on it by the time I got it in late 1979, it would still peal out and catch 2nd! Dad and I gave it a head job (valve) but not to much more than that. What a car man! I bet it still runs!

:rollin:

Cheers to you Ally... I guess I find this place comparitively calm in the slagging dept. because my secondary online interests have traditionally been Ford high performance car forums. biggrin.gif

I mean ohmy.gif Skin 5 feet thick may not be enough!

I thought that was an Oxymoron.

having said that (see Curb your Enthusiasm)I learned on a my sisters 1974 Mercury Capri (Ghai built) 2.8 litre automatic. I hope that is enough info for the car enthusiasts around here.

:wtf:

Who cares? If memory serves I had written approx. 3000 posts on the old forums while for some reason you apparently shut the fuck up for several years. Nobody at all will be impressed by self-important twaddle such as the things you're posting in this thread, Steve. You can actually do better, you have often written interesting posts - but then, so have a lot of people, many of whom have never written anything remotely as arrogant as you are doing here.

Post count is completely unimportant - not a tool of discernment for anything whatsoever. A newbie that you feel still has to prove him- or herself to you might be somebody who has been a huge fan of Led Zeppelin ever since they happened to be present in a certain building on Gerrard Street, London, in August 1968! And this person has to prove him- or herself for you?! Every newbie should be welcomed and treated as one of us unless they start exhibiting signs of trolling, etc. Not complicated, is it? and as an aside, here's a theory for your consideration: You're never really done proving your worth - in general, and also as a poster.

wtf.gif

Who cares? If memory serves I had written approx. 3000 posts on the old forums while for some reason you apparently shut the fuck up for several years. Nobody at all will be impressed by self-important twaddle such as the things you're posting in this thread, Steve. You can actually do better, you have often written interesting posts - but then, so have a lot of people, many of whom have never written anything remotely as arrogant as you are doing here.

Post count is completely unimportant - not a tool of discernment for anything whatsoever. A newbie that you feel still has to prove him- or herself to you might be somebody who has been a huge fan of Led Zeppelin ever since they happened to be present in a certain building on Gerrard Street, London, in August 1968! And this person has to prove him- or herself for you?! Every newbie should be welcomed and treated as one of us unless they start exhibiting signs of trolling, etc. Not complicated, is it? and as an aside, here's a theory for your consideration: You're never really done proving your worth - in general, and also as a poster.

You have completely missed the irony of last post. She goes to great lengths to call me arrogant yet demonstrates what can be perceived as arrogance herself. Make no mistake, it is strictly a matter perception, because with rare exception no one here knows me personally, nor I them. Did the thought ever occur to anyone I could be ten times more arrogant in person towards others so I'm actually being relatively considerate in my posts?

I've stated I use post count (post content) as a tool for discernment. To do so is my perogative, just as to insist post count is completely unimportant is your perogative. I'm not looking to change anybody's opinion, let alone win hearts and minds here. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned there's less than 10 people here posting anything

remotely useful let alone interesting to me.

I am not obliged to tender a further explanation as to my thoughts on this matter; none will be forthcoming.

Edited by SteveAJones

You have completely missed the irony of last post. She goes to great lengths to call me arrogant yet demonstrates what can be perceived as arrogance herself. Make no mistake, it is strictly a matter perception, because with rare exception no one here knows me personally, nor I them. Did the thought ever occur to anyone I could be ten times more arrogant in person towards others so I'm actually being relatively considerate in my posts?

I've stated I use post count (post content) as a tool for discernment. To do so is my perogative, just as to insist post count is completely unimportant is your perogative. I'm not looking to change anybody's opinion, let alone win hearts and minds here. Frankly, as far as I'm concerned there's less than 10 people here posting anything

remotely useful let alone interesting to me.

I am not obliged to tender a further explanation as to my thoughts on this matter; none will be forthcoming.

Well, what can I say? Nothing to add anyway, since this only repeats what I responded to earlier. It's certainly interesting to note how you see your fellow-posters, but I guess it's your, erm, prerogative. :D