Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

The warning was issued of their own accord. I merely documented it for future reference.

PJ Slocum?...PJ Slocum?...Has anyone seen PJ Slocum? Anyone? Anyone?

ben_stein_bueller_bueller_anyone.jpg

Begs the question how did you know he was warned? and why the hell would you "document it for future reference"?

I've been here 3 days and in virtually every altercation I've witnessed you have been a participant. You rubbed me the wrong way before I had made 10 posts and I can see pretty clearly I'm not alone.

reminds me of a guy with 4 ex wives who thinks the women were the problem.

that's a respectable looking guy in that pic, but I don't get itblink.gif

Just let us know faux "homey"! ;) We'll hook you up if you don't.

LOL. I just sent my sister to the store and get some. My grandmother's raisin pie is a family tradition and even though she can't make it anymore, we do it in her stead.

Soaking the raisins in dark rum = *drool*

Post count is merely a number - after all, that's what the words "post count" mean. Now, this number can be high or low for all sorts of different reasons. I just read the posts as they come in and form an opinion of the people basing myself on what I find there and how it relates to the bigger context on the forums. The opinion I form of other posters in turn is entirely inconsequential for others, as they will of course have to form their own opinions in the same manner.

Post count is merely a number - after all, that's what the words "post count" mean. Now, this number can be high or low for all sorts of different reasons. I just read the posts as they come in and form an opinion of the people basing myself on what I find there and how it relates to the bigger context on the forums. The opinion I form of other posters in turn is entirely inconsequential for others, as they will of course have to form their own opinions in the same manner.

That holds true for opinions in general, best to take EVERYTHING posted on a forum with a grain of salt. That's why I have such a problem with people who use post counts to feel important, or judge the merits of what others have to say, or even those who try to be the voice of reason in the midst of chaos(hard to do without getting caught up in it)

That holds true for opinions in general, best to take EVERYTHING posted on a forum with a grain of salt. That's why I have such a problem with people who use post counts to feel important, or judge the merits of what others have to say, or even those who try to be the voice of reason in the midst of chaos(hard to do without getting caught up in it)

Opinions, in general, are not a problem. When we have a topic and there are different opinions on the topic, what we do is to present arguments in support of our opinions. This can be done in a friendly spirit, or it can be done very passionately, but it's always an exchange of arguments that everybody can then consider for themselves. And there is no need for such exchanges to deteriorate into personal abuse, however engaging the subject.

I guess what I've always tried is to be A voice of reason here - hope that's all right with you, folks, since I do not pretend to be THE voice of reason. I don't think that stance of mine is something people need to be particularly distrustful of. Is it more trustworthy to simply take part in mudslinging on behalf of one or the other groups of people on here? (Not saying that's your opinion, FG). I have never been interested in doing that, and it seems people sometimes think that's because I support Steve A Jones, and sometimes because I am friends with the so-called SNOBS. But that's just not where I am coming from, and never has been.

I will state this now: Even if I have often disagreed with Knebby et al. I consider them friends and I respect them. Steve A Jones I don't really know, and haven't really tried to become friends with him. But I have always disliked the endless attacks in him, if only because they make him seem a lot more important than he actually is. He isn't very important - just a poster. But my attitude has changed. The remaining respect that I had for him because of some knowledgeable posts that he has contributed (like many, many others have over the years) I have completely lost when reading through what's been happening here in the last few weeks.

One more thing: when I recommend that people "ignore" the posters they can't stand, I don't necessarily mean using the board function. I have never used that function and probably won't. I just don't speak with some people, simple as that. It saves others from reading that's nobody's business anyway. If Steve A Jones thinks somebody is a n00b, that's his opinion. Does everybody else have to know? All the fucking time?

Edited by Otto Masson

Opinions, in general, are not a problem. When we have a topic and there are different opinions on the topic, what we do is to present arguments in support of our opinions. This can be done in a friendly spirit, or it can be done very passionately, but it's always an exchange of arguments that everybody can then consider for themselves. And there is no need for such exchanges to deteriorate into personal abuse, however engaging the subject.

I guess what I've always tried is to be A voice of reason here - hope that's all right with you, folks, since I do not pretend to be THE voice of reason. I don't think that stance of mine is something people need to be particularly distrustful of. Is it more trustworthy to simply take part in mudslinging on behalf of one or the other groups of people on here? (Not saying that's your opinion, FG). I have never been interested in doing that, and it seems people sometimes think that's because I support Steve A Jones, and sometimes because I am friends with the so-called SNOBS. But that's just not where I am coming from, and never has been.

I will state this now: Even if I have often disagreed with Knebby et al. I consider them friends and I respect them. Steve A Jones I don't really know, and haven't really tried to become friends with him. But I have always disliked the endless attacks in him, if only because they make him seem a lot more important than he actually is. He isn't very important - just a poster. But my attitude has changed. The remaining respect that I had for him because of some knowledgeable posts that he has contributed (like many, many others have over the years) I have completely lost when reading through what's been happening here in the last few weeks.

One more thing: when I recommend that people "ignore" the posters they can't stand, I don't necessarily mean using the board function. I have never used that function and probably won't. I just don't speak with some people, simple as that. It saves others from reading that's nobody's business anyway. If Steve A Jones thinks somebody is a n00b, that's his opinion. Does everybody else have to know? All the fucking time?

Dude it's just a freaking rock and roll forum. Led Zeppelin is something from the past anyway. Gone, done, finished, Kaput!

You take this shit way too seriously... you always have.

Plus you are one always full of your own opinions. It's just that when you share them, they are boring.

DEL ZEPPNILE

AMERICAN SUPERHERO

Del, you mean to tell me that after all this time you still haven't realized that not only are our opinions totally different, but we have a different sense of humor, different ideas about what is fun and what isn't - and all the rest? And I have left you alone, haven't I? So what seems to be the problem?

Del, you mean to tell me that after all this time you still haven't realized that not only are our opinions totally different, but we have a different sense of humor, different ideas about what is fun and what isn't - and all the rest? And I have left you alone, haven't I? So what seems to be the problem?

Actually you have no sense of humor, which is a whole other thing than having a "different sense of humor." You dwaddle on about how to be the better person (as if you own the copyright to that idea), while the rest of us are left looking for a gun to blow our brains out just to end the boring agony of it all.

And when it comes to "bashing" you are like little girl. If being passsionate about a thing means anything, then at least be able to fight, or "bash" like a man. Or at least don't act like the rest of us "bashers" are somehow beneath you, Prince Otto Von Bore-Me.

You lash out at SAJ and call him full of himself, when you are actually the biggest ego in the room. Your definitions of fairness actually comes off as 'elitism'--- and that would automatically put you in the line of fire, at least the way I see it.

Now you have no problem preaching to the rest of us your "opinion" --- and I have no problem with that. But now you have heard my "opinion" --- so file that info for future reference.

And if you are looking for a peice of me... well, I'm your Huckleberry. ;)

Edited by Del Zeppnile

Actually you have no sense of humor, which is a whole other thing than having a "different sense of humor." You dwaddle on about how to be the better person (as if you own the copyright to that idea), while the rest of us are left looking for a gun to blow our brains out just to end the boring agony of it all.

And when it comes to "bashing" you are like little girl. If being passsionate about a thing means anything, then at least be able to fight, or "bash" like a man. Or at least don't act like the rest of us "bashers" are somehow beneath you, Prince Otto Von Bore-Me.

You lash out at SAJ and call him full of himself, when you are actually the biggest ego in the room. Your definitions of fairness actually comes off as 'elitism'--- and that would automatically put you in the line of fire, at least the way I see it.

Now you have no problem preaching to the rest of us your "opinion" --- and I have no problem with that. But now you have heard my "opinion" --- so file that info for future reference.

And if you are looking for a peice of me... well, I'm your Huckleberry. ;)

Sorry Del, I don't find you funny AT ALL - never have. I do laugh, however - when I actually find something FUNNY (your post here isn't, for example). As for elitism, I see no clear argument raised to support the accusation, which is why I don't take it very seriously, and egotism, same thing. Am I like a little girl? Well, I'm just not interested in the kind of bickering you think is fun. I am interested in the force of the better argument (what argument stands up to scrutiny, and all that), perhaps unsurprisingly for somebody who is into philosophy, while you engage in debate for the sake of what you think is fun (much of which isn't fun to me). What I've been talking about here is not elitism, egotism or being like a little girl, Del - we're just very different persons. You post when and where you think some fun might be had, so do I, and we almost never meet on here.

Sorry Del, I don't find you funny AT ALL - never have. I do laugh, however - when I actually find something FUNNY (your post here isn't, for example).

I wouldn't think that you would find me funny. I don't really adjust my wit to suit the sensibilities of your comfort zone. However, my point was in response to what your definition of a sense of humor might possibly be.... or as with you, your complete lack of one.

As for elitism, I see no clear argument raised to support the accusation, which is why I don't take it very seriously, and egotism, same thing.

I suppose I should then add cluelessness to the list as well then. Just a few posts ago you took to your pulpit and lectured us on your views. And in doing so you pretty much felt it necessary to first claim to be rather neutral in regard to SAJ -- neither a friend or an enemy. And then in the next line completely disregard him and toss him under the bus. You are therefore an elitist. You condemn others for their less than friendly comments, and then turn around and arrogantly register your own negative remarks. And then cry, "gee Del, what is this all about?"

You are not a freind to anyone Otto... you have made that more than clear on more than one issue. You believe yourself to be above the fray, you are so full of yourself.

Am I like a little girl? Well, I'm just not interested in the kind of bickering you think is fun.

Yes you are like a little girl. A little girl with a big bow in her hair and a fancy little party dress. A far sight from a true Viking man as you should be. What a fanciful wuss you are! WTF happened to the Vikings? Too much lamb and not enough red beef in the last hundred years is my guess.

I am interested in the force of the better argument (what argument stands up to scrutiny, and all that), perhaps unsurprisingly for somebody who is into philosophy...

And you don't think that sounds elitist? That YOU are "into philosophy" and that others are just into I don't know what. What you don't think I have any "philosophy" Otto? Maybe you just aren't used to the philosophy of 'the big stick'. You say something dumbass, and I whack you with the big stick right across your fancy little girl bow.

And in regard to bickering with SAJ.... show me where I have ever been a part of that? I may have teased him once or twice, but I am not threatened by him, and neither have I engaged in any vendetta against him. I actually appreciate many of his political posts and threads, as that is an area where we probably agree. But you can't hang a charge of being a SAJ hater on me, it's just never been the case. Jones gives me respect for my views, and I don't find any reason to attack him. I truly am neutral on that deal... but with you, another matter.

... while you engage in debate for the sake of what you think is fun (much of which isn't fun to me). What I've been talking about here is not elitism, egotism or being like a little girl, Del - we're just very different persons. You post when and where you think some fun might be had, so do I, and we almost never meet on here.

I post in a manner and on subjects that interest me. Today it was in my interest to expose you as a little girl with and elitist chip on your shoulder. And you pretty much demonstrated that fact for all just as I knew you would.

DEL ZEPPNILE

AMERICAN SUPERHERO

From reading your comments, Del, I gather that you served in a training capacity while in the United States military, preparing young recruits for eventual deployment. But this is a message board for a rock and roll band not invented by the United States military, so the standards that are familiar to you in some branch of the United States military, whether it be the Marine Corps, Navy, Army, Air Force, or another area, do not necessarily need to apply here. I realize that it can be a challenge adapting to civilian life, but thank you for your service. I hope the turkey was good last night.

smile.gif

From reading your comments, Del, I gather that you served in a training capacity while in the United States military, preparing young recruits for eventual deployment. But this is a message board for a rock and roll band not invented by the United States military, so the standards that are familiar to you in some branch of the United States military, whether it be the Marine Corps, Navy, Army, Air Force, or another area, do not necessarily need to apply here. I realize that it can be a challenge adapting to civilian life, but thank you for your service. I hope the turkey was good last night.

smile.gif

Honey,

This post, along with just about every word that comes out of your confused little head; is a great example of why people should not use drugs.

I have no idea of what you are talking about.

...she picked up on you wanting your favorite Viking to more of a warrior and less of a wuss...

Fantasy_Warrior_Viking.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

Take it away Yngwie!!!

I am a Viking in going out to war

And I've got death upon my mind

As I was leavin' oh yesterday

I've got no fear in my heart

As the shores of my home disappear

I sail over the sea without fear

Dragon ships are charging through the waves

Just want to sail away into the sea yeah yeah

I am a warrior my mind is set to kill

Life or death is on the line

I am a slayer and you will taste my steel

I've got your life right in my hand

You are a loser and it's such a shame

That you're a fool and you don't know

That in a viking I'll walk all over you

And by my sword you will die

The National Weather Service has issued a "severe weather warning" for southern California. Apparently we can expect up to a half an inch of rain over the next two days. A half an inch??? Better get started on my ark! :blink:

Honey,

This post, along with just about every word that comes out of your confused little head; is a great example of why people should not use drugs.

You remind me of one of those drill sargeants I used to see when I hung out at the Px.

But you're right, that second cup of coffee in the morning really does a number on me.

smile.gif

The National Weather Service has issued a "severe weather warning" for southern California. Apparently we can expect up to a half an inch of rain over the next two days. A half an inch??? Better get started on my ark! :blink:

It's not about the size of the 'half inch', it's what you do with it.