Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

You remind me of one of those drill sargeants I used to see when I hung out at the Px.

And you remind of one of those crazy street people that urinates outside.

Steve, have you tried the "Search" function? It's like one of those automated phone systems where you can't get an operator and end up cussing at nobody out of frustration. No offence intended, but it is really not helpful, and I am somewhat savvy at using these things. I searched "Grateful Dead" in the other bands section and got completely lost in a multitude of topics totally unrelated. "I'm grateful for..." "Keith Moon is dead", etc...

So, where is the Grateful Dead thread? :lol:

And no offence to you Sam Rapallo! All things in life are a work in progress, and not even the finest of internet templates is flawless. Cheers and Happy Holidays! Save the HTML hassles for the new year! We'll manage! :beer:

Plus I'm going back to rural Wisconsin on Tuesday, which might as well be the dark side of the moon! So at least I won't be amongst your headaches! :lol:

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! Take care Sam! :wave:

Edited by Evster2012

It's not about the size of the 'half inch', it's what you do with it.

You're closer to mudslide country than I am! Besides, if I gave you even a half an inch, I'm sure you'd notice it! Can you feel me Del old friend? Wink wink. Nudge....oomf nudge! Wow, that was tight! ;)

Steve, have you tried the "Search" function? It's like one of those automated phone systems where you can't get an operator and end up cussing at nobody out of frustration. No offence intended, but it is really not helpful, and I am somewhat savvy at using these things. I searched "Grateful Dead" in the other bands section and got completely lost in a multitude of topics totally unrelated. "I'm grateful for..." "Keith Moon is dead", etc...

So, where is the Grateful Dead thread? :lol:

And no offence to you Sam Rapallo! All things in life are a work in progress, and not even the finest of internet templates is flawless. Cheers and Happy Holidays! Save the HTML hassles for the new year! :beer:

Oh good. I thought I was just computer stupid cuz I thought I couldn't figure out how to use the search function. Nice to know others are having trouble.

Oh good. I thought I was just computer stupid cuz I thought I couldn't figure out how to use the search function. Nice to know others are having trouble.

Well honestly, I've not explored the "advanced" search function, which I'm sure I'll be promptly pointed to. :lol: But I'm sure most "newbies" wouldn't think to use it. At least the ones getting slapped for starting redundant threads. I think there can be a kinder way of directing them around than becoming annoyed that OMG that topic was already posted. When I joined Electric Magick 6-odd years ago, I got a right thrashing by the regulars because I didn't know the etiquette (and didn't use the "search" thanks Magic Man. Feel better?). Now I've made a boatfull of lifelong friends who've found that I'm a longtime Zep fan, and not really a newbie at all. I think everyone should be given that equal opportunity and be discerned by what they say, not how long they've been here.

Edited by Evster2012

Well honestly, I've not explored the "advanced" search function, which I'm sure I'll be promptly pointed to. :lol: But I'm sure most "newbies" wouldn't think to use it. At least the ones getting slapped for starting redundant threads. I think there can be a kinder way of directing them around than becoming annoyed that OMG that topic was already posted. When I joined Electric Magick 6-odd years ago, I got a right thrashing by the regulars because I didn't know the etiquette (and didn't use the "search"). Now I've made a boatfull of lifelong friends who've found that I'm a longtime Zep fan, and not really a newbie at all. I think everyone should be given that equal opportunity and be discerned by what they say, not how long they've been here.

Your having brought it up drove me to do some searches again. I tried putting my specific search in quotation and the advanced does let you elect for a specific forum or dates. It seemd to work a bit better. I have searched out threads to post in so not to have repetitive treads but ther are quite a few in here on the same topics, probably because of the difficulty in searching the multitude of pages.

I wouldn't think that you would find me funny. I don't really adjust my wit to suit the sensibilities of your comfort zone. However, my point was in response to what your definition of a sense of humor might possibly be.... or as with you, your complete lack of one.

I suppose I should then add cluelessness to the list as well then. Just a few posts ago you took to your pulpit and lectured us on your views. And in doing so you pretty much felt it necessary to first claim to be rather neutral in regard to SAJ -- neither a friend or an enemy. And then in the next line completely disregard him and toss him under the bus. You are therefore an elitist. You condemn others for their less than friendly comments, and then turn around and arrogantly register your own negative remarks. And then cry, "gee Del, what is this all about?"

You are not a freind to anyone Otto... you have made that more than clear on more than one issue. You believe yourself to be above the fray, you are so full of yourself.

Yes you are like a little girl. A little girl with a big bow in her hair and a fancy little party dress. A far sight from a true Viking man as you should be. What a fanciful wuss you are! WTF happened to the Vikings? Too much lamb and not enough red beef in the last hundred years is my guess.

And you don't think that sounds elitist? That YOU are "into philosophy" and that others are just into I don't know what. What you don't think I have any "philosophy" Otto? Maybe you just aren't used to the philosophy of 'the big stick'. You say something dumbass, and I whack you with the big stick right across your fancy little girl bow.

And in regard to bickering with SAJ.... show me where I have ever been a part of that? I may have teased him once or twice, but I am not threatened by him, and neither have I engaged in any vendetta against him. I actually appreciate many of his political posts and threads, as that is an area where we probably agree. But you can't hang a charge of being a SAJ hater on me, it's just never been the case. Jones gives me respect for my views, and I don't find any reason to attack him. I truly am neutral on that deal... but with you, another matter.

I post in a manner and on subjects that interest me. Today it was in my interest to expose you as a little girl with and elitist chip on your shoulder. And you pretty much demonstrated that fact for all just as I knew you would.

DEL ZEPPNILE

AMERICAN SUPERHERO

I know I sometimes sound a bit like an academic, and in particular, learning philosophy for several years has certainly affected how I go about things in a discussion. I also realize that an academic or semi-academic tone is quite enough for some people to automatically assume I must be an arrogant son of a bitch, but guess what? I don't agree. Academic philosophy may not be where YOU are coming from, but it is in fact where I am coming from. I am allowed to explain who I am and where I'm coming from, right? I like to focus on the line of reasoning, the arguments made on the actual topic, and to see how they stand up to scrutiny. Whereas you like to have fun, your way. does this contrast make me an elitist? When all I said about it was that we are just very different persons, you and I?! :blink:

There is a HUGE difference in what you and I see as interesting debates. I actually did participate in a couple of "political" threads several years ago, and I did complain about the endless bypassing of my arguments - you and others simply made light of them by joking about the fact that I come from Iceland. Now, TO YOU such things may be funny, but for me at the time it was simply frustrating. All the time it took to write my post and argue my case proved to have been wasted effort, because you and a couple of others, who always dominated these threads back then, didn't see fit to even just discuss them. Instead, what I got was jokes about where I come from and things like that. This forced me into a position where I really had two basic options.

- Option No. 1 was to actually discuss where I come from and explain how you non-elitist geniuses actually could take me seriously (in the sense of having my considered worthy of discussion) DESPITE the fact that I'm Icelandic. Well, says it all, doesn't it? I should never have to do that. Did you apologize? Why, of course not! You were being a "Superhero" and "a real man" - also then. All very funny. Now, should I have replied in kind? If I were somebody else, maybe, but I am not. When on the other hand what I was criticizing was an American policy, on the other hand, then sure enough I got accused of being Anti-American. :rolleyes:

- Option No. 2 of course was to repeat everything I said in the earlier post or posts. Granted, I could combine these two things I my reply. But by then I would be feeling bored, angry, and frustrated because of the wasted effort. You see? Fun to you, but for me it was boring and really just completely pointless. I never joined these forums to discuss such matters anyway, so the decision to stop posting in Ramble On for the most part was easy for me. If that's elitism, then sure, I admit to being an elitist.

There's a lot of nonsense in what you've written, Del. I never talked about you personally bickering with Steve A Jones, so why bring it up? A whole paragraph of that - makes no sense. You claim to neutral in regard to Steve A Jones, well good for you. I never claimed to be neutral on SAJ. I claimed to have an opinion that has in the past, and perhaps still, placed me outside the tension between, very roughly speaking, people who follow the FBO wing and the old forums people (or the so-called SNOBS). And I was actually quite restrained in my reply to you - never called you out on your silly sexism, for example. So why are you so angry with me? I wonder.

I think it was pretty clear in what i wrote earlier that I was referring to the fact that these forums have tended to polarize a lot around Steve A Jones, who has been attacked unfairly a gazillion times. I did mention that I never liked that - I didn't like it, and still don't. I then explained how I have come to perceive Steve lately. I didn't hurl abuse at him. I didn't attack him for anything he hasn't said himself. I wasn't straying off topic. I merely stated how my position in the ongoing and underlying bickering on these forums has changed recently. But I guess you perceive that as me again being an elitist. Perceive it the way you would, Del. You are entitled to. I am entitled to the same.

I know I sometimes sound a bit like an academic, and in particular, learning philosophy for several years has certainly affected how I go about things in a discussion. I also realize that an academic or semi-academic tone is quite enough for some people to automatically assume I must be an arrogant son of a bitch, but guess what? I don't agree. Academic philosophy may not be where YOU are coming from, but it is in fact where I am coming from. I am allowed to explain who I am and where I'm coming from, right? I like to focus on the line of reasoning, the arguments made on the actual topic, and to see how they stand up to scrutiny. Whereas you like to have fun, your way. does this contrast make me an elitist? When all I said about it was that we are just very different persons, you and I?! :blink:

There is a HUGE difference in what you and I see as interesting debates. I actually did participate in a couple of "political" threads several years ago, and I did complain about the endless bypassing of my arguments - you and others simply made light of them by joking about the fact that I come from Iceland. Now, TO YOU such things may be funny, but for me at the time it was simply frustrating. All the time it took to write my post and argue my case proved to have been wasted effort, because you and a couple of others, who always dominated these threads back then, didn't see fit to even just discuss them. Instead, what I got was jokes about where I come from and things like that. This forced me into a position where I really had two basic options.

- Option No. 1 was to actually discuss where I come from and explain how you non-elitist geniuses actually could take me seriously (in the sense of having my considered worthy of discussion) DESPITE the fact that I'm Icelandic. Well, says it all, doesn't it? I should never have to do that. Did you apologize? Why, of course not! You were being a "Superhero" and "a real man" - also then. All very funny. Now, should I have replied in kind? If I were somebody else, maybe, but I am not. When on the other hand what I was criticizing was an American policy, on the other hand, then sure enough I got accused of being Anti-American. :rolleyes:

- Option No. 2 of course was to repeat everything I said in the earlier post or posts. Granted, I could combine these two things I my reply. But by then I would be feeling bored, angry, and frustrated because of the wasted effort. You see? Fun to you, but for me it was boring and really just completely pointless. I never joined these forums to discuss such matters anyway, so the decision to stop posting in Ramble On for the most part was easy for me. If that's elitism, then sure, I admit to being an elitist.

I guess you decided to come back for more of the 'Big Stick' Otto :lol:

But really man! I don't have to say much here to have made my points. You pretty much make them all for me as you demonstrate for all to read what I have always claimed about you.

So to the list of charges:

Elitist

Little Girl

Crybaby

Frustrated Viking wuss

I can now add 'victim' :whistling:.

You really need to 'man up' Otto. It's almost embarrassing how you go on.

There's a lot of nonsense in what you've written, Del. I never talked about you personally bickering with Steve A Jones, so why bring it up? A whole paragraph of that - makes no sense. You claim to neutral in regard to Steve A Jones, well good for you. I never claimed to be neutral on SAJ. I claimed to have an opinion that has in the past, and perhaps still, placed me outside the tension between, very roughly speaking, people who follow the FBO wing and the old forums people (or the so-called SNOBS). And I was actually quite restrained in my reply to you - never called you out on your silly sexism, for example. So why are you so angry with me? I wonder.

I'm not angry at all. I really don't care one way or the other what you have to say in general --- you have always bored me. I just found it ironic that you preached a bit about being the so called prophet of logic and reason, and how you are critical of the SAJ bashers --- and then you so condescendingly talked down about him in the next sentence.

Amusing is my word for it.

I think it was pretty clear in what i wrote earlier that I was referring to the fact that these forums have tended to polarize a lot around Steve A Jones, who has been attacked unfairly a gazillion times. I did mention that I never liked that - I didn't like it, and still don't. I then explained how I have come to perceive Steve lately. I didn't hurl abuse at him. I didn't attack him for anything he hasn't said himself. I wasn't straying off topic. I merely stated how my position in the ongoing and underlying bickering on these forums has changed recently. But I guess you perceive that as me again being an elitist.

Like I have said before: It's just a rock and roll forum. You take this shit too seriously. And unless the topic is about something serious, like war or world hunger. You just come off as being a bit silly worrying about which side is right or wrong in the endless discussions about the size of Robert Plant's geriatric penis.

Perceive it the way you would, Del. You are entitled to. I am entitled to the same.

Okay. I guess I need to add 'entitled' to the list too then. :slapface:

I guess you decided to come back for more of the 'Big Stick' Otto :lol:

But really man! I don't have to say much here to have made my points. You pretty much make them all for me as you demonstrate for all to read what I have always claimed about you.

So to the list of charges:

Elitist

Little Girl

Crybaby

Frustrated Viking wuss

I can now add 'victim' :whistling:.

You really need to 'man up' Otto. It's almost embarrassing how you go on.

I'm not angry at all. I really don't care one way or the other what you have to say in general --- you have always bored me. I just found it ironic that you preached a bit about being the so called prophet of logic and reason, and how you are critical of the SAJ bashers --- and then you so condescendingly talked down about him in the next sentence.

Amusing is my word for it.

Like I have said before: It's just a rock and roll forum. You take this shit too seriously. And unless the topic is about something serious, like war or world hunger. You just come off as being a bit silly worrying about which side is right or wrong in the endless discussions about the size of Robert Plant's geriatric penis.

Okay. I guess I need to add 'entitled' to the list too then. :slapface:

Nothing new in this pile of humbug. I'll see you later, no doubt - until then, make sure you have fun and don't bore yourself reading my posts when you really don't have to. ;)

You're closer to mudslide country than I am! Besides, if I gave you even a half an inch, I'm sure you'd notice it! Can you feel me Del old friend? Wink wink. Nudge....oomf nudge! Wow, that was tight! ;)

LOL

But are you sure you didn't mean to say, 'mud-sling country' Ev? <_<

Nothing new in this pile of humbug. I'll see you later, no doubt - until then, make sure you have fun and don't bore yourself reading my posts when you really don't have to. ;)

Just added to the list:

Pity party

if what we see is light bouncing of a object then our brain gives us the picture why can we see holes? another question did i just blow your mind?

Ah! The wit! The ingenuity of your replies! :notworthy:

But I guess my sarcasm just isn't funny to you. <_<

List update:

Elitist

Little Girl

Crybaby

Frustrated Viking wuss

victim

pity party

last word freak

List update:

Elitist

Little Girl

Crybaby

Frustrated Viking wuss

victim

pity party

last word freak

Or maybe...none of the above!

if what we see is light bouncing off an object then our brain gives us the picture why can we see holes?

Off the top of my head it has to do with the color spectrum and the fact light is reflecting upon them. Black holes are another matter.

Post #737 from DelZeppnile:

Dude it's just a freaking rock and roll forum. Led Zeppelin is something from the past anyway. Gone, done, finished, Kaput!

Hello All!

I am not here to bash anyone. IMHO there are many of you here that just seem to thrive on arguments. I don't use the ignore button, I just don't participate in the childish discussions. We have a lot of young people on this forum with more enthusiasm about Led Zeppelin than some of the so called long time fans. It's a disgrace that they hear some of this.

Del- Led Zeppelin is still here and in the present. Their kind of musical genius will never go away. Again, see all the young fans coming on board to learn about the music.

It's great to have different opinions, but if your going to personally bash/attack someone, have some class and do it in private!

There is so much education about our beloved band, along with the fun topics. Sit back and enjoy the fact that we have this to share. :D

List update:

Elitist

Little Girl

Crybaby

Frustrated Viking wuss

victim

pity party

last word freak

:rolleyes:

Scratch! Is that you?

I'm not crazy about Otto's need to point out how neutral he is, and his consternation that we all can't act as he does, but name calling?

You've alot of debate time under your belt...you should be better than that by now.

"75 Active Users in the last 120 minutes" and I'm the only bastard posting? C'mon! I'm getting lonely! :o

Upon reflection, it would appear by the above post that I need to get a life. Not so. I flew out here to California three weeks ago because my mother fractured her spine and also has three herniated discs. She needs me to care for her and to drive her to the hospital every day as her husband has been there for six weeks following renal failure due to contrast dye during a heart stent procedure to relieve his angina. I've been in the dentists chair five times in the last seven days for long-overdue maintenance. I've gotten long needed new glasses and an eye exam. I've met up with friends I haven't seen in ages on three different occasions, and am having lunch on the beach with them tomorrow. Yesterday, my mom fell a second time in the hospital parking lot, hopefully not further injuring her spine. Tuesday I fly back to Wisconsin to take care of all that's piled up in my absence. I am currently taking a couple hours away from sitting at my stepdad's bedside as I hate hospitals, and he's having three screws put into his hip because he fractured it falling off the x-ray table. Trust me, I have all the life I can handle. :slapface:

Thanks for listening. :beer:*edit to add* I meant my above post. Thanks Fan_S!

Edited by Evster2012

Upon reflection, it would appear by the above post that I need to get a life. Not so. I flew out here to California three weeks ago because my mother fractured her spine and also has three herniated discs. She needs me to care for her and to drive her to the hospital every day as her husband has been there for six weeks following renal failure due to contrast dye during a heart stent procedure to relieve his angina. I've been in the dentists chair five times in the last seven days for long-overdue maintenance. I've gotten long needed new glasses and an eye exam. I've met up with friends I haven't seen in ages on three different occasions, and am having lunch on the beach with them tomorrow. Yesterday, my mom fell a second time in the hospital parking lot, hopefully not further injuring her spine. Tuesday I fly back to Wisconsin to take care of all that's piled up in my absence. I am currently taking a couple hours away from sitting at my stepdad's bedside as I hate hospitals, and he's having three screws put into his hip because he fractured it falling off the x-ray table. Trust me, I have all the life I can handle. :slapface:

Thanks for listening. :beer:*edit to add* I meant my above post. Thanks Fan_S!

Evster, so sorry to hear about your parents, my Mom is in bad shape as well right now. I have been flying home as much as I can.

A lot of us missed you and are glad your back for a while. I hope you get internet when you go back to Wisconsin....we sure do miss you when your not here! :beer:

Edited by Deborah J

Hey, Evster. Needless to say, you've a lot on your plate. You're a good, responsible person who takes care of his loved ones. Not like me (haha) who fought with a relative over Thanksgiving. I have a big mouth sometimes. But had to say something or else I'd let it stew inside o' me. :( At least we're partially made up. Reconciliation is always good, no matter to what degree. Peace is good. Hope you enjoy your well-deserved downtime with your CA pals. I think I'll go see the new Disney version of the beloved Dickens novel soon. :beer:

Edited: NP, my friend! As you can see a lot of us love and miss'd ya! :yesnod:

2nd Edit: Hope ya have a "geeetar" always within arm's reach for a little solace. :console2:

Edited by Fan_S.