Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

:rolleyes:

Scratch! Is that you?

I consider that a compliment; however, I'm not really worthy of being compared to the one and only 'Old Scratch' -- a man not often sppreciated for his clarity of reason mixed with wonderful sardonic wit. Unfortuntatly most people are far too thin skinned to handle that type of cutting superior intelligence.

Thee best I could ever hope for would to be considered " ~665 "

~natch :P

I'm not crazy about Otto's need to point out how neutral he is, and his consternation that we all can't act as he does, but name calling?
[emphasis added]

Oh, but it's not real name calling is it? It's just a "Nancy boy" or a "big wuss" here and there. Come on! I'm just an uncouth American 'street guy'. I don't have a PHD in philosophy or drive an electric Saab station wagon.

Wadda-ya-gonna-do? B)

You've alot of debate time under your belt...you should be better than that by now.

Yeah, but we have all seen what happens when I make passionate logical arguements on the real important issues. People get just as upset and I'm still the bad guy. <_<

Oh that Del, has to keep talking about American soldiers murdered by a disgruntled coward (note that they refuse to say Islamic TERRORIST). When we could be talking about what Robert Plant had for lunch today!

You know what I'm talking about. ;)

My thing is... well, read my sig, that pretty much explains it all. But not directed at you personally. :)

~665

Hello All!

I am not here to bash anyone. IMHO there are many of you here that just seem to thrive on arguments. I don't use the ignore button, I just don't participate in the childish discussions. We have a lot of young people on this forum with more enthusiasm about Led Zeppelin than some of the so called long time fans. It's a disgrace that they hear some of this.

Del- Led Zeppelin is still here and in the present. Their kind of musical genius will never go away. Again, see all the young fans coming on board to learn about the music.

It's great to have different opinions, but if your going to personally bash/attack someone, have some class and do it in private!

There is so much education about our beloved band, along with the fun topics. Sit back and enjoy the fact that we have this to share. :D

I'll bet that you were one of those cheerleader chicks in high school weren't you? Yep, Debbie is a cheerleader name isn't it? Almost a required thing to be a 'Debbie' 'Stacy' or a 'Mandy'.

Come on Debbie! How about giving us a cheer?

We've got spirit, yes we do.

We've go spirit, how 'bout you?

Hello!

No I actually was the girl who dated guys with fast cars and had bands mostly :D

I also don't like Debbie (just something from my Mom), she always said she named me Deborah...and after all she is my Mom

That was me!

Edited by Deborah J

Just changed my signature/avatar to reflect the post-Thanksgiving season we're in now. :)

Without going into any detail,I'll just say this:"Wonderful" is in the eye of the beholder.....but I hope you enjoy the season.

Without going into any detail,I'll just say this:"Wonderful" is in the eye of the beholder.....but I hope you enjoy the season.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" is the name of a very popular Christmas song by Andy Williams. You've never heard of it?

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" is the name of a very popular Christmas song by Andy Williams. You've never heard of it?

Yeah,I've heard of it,is there anyone that hasn't?:P

I thought you were using the lyric as a personal expression toward the holiday season,as in it being one of your favorite times of the year (along with Spring Training B) ).

It's not mine,at least not any more.

Spring Training still is,though.

Yeah,I've heard of it,is there anyone that hasn't?:P

I thought you were using the lyric as a personal expression toward the holiday season,as in it being one of your favorite times of the year (along with Spring Training B) ).

It's not mine,at least not any more.

Spring Training still is,though.

I was! It's a great lyric and a great sentiment. I love this time of year, I always have.

It was only recorded by Williams. The song was written by Edward (Eddie) Pola, and I believe he was Jewish.

Mel Torme wrote "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...) when he was 17 years old. He wrote it in July when he was dreaming of escaping the oppressive heat. He was a Russian Jew. :beer:

Edited by Evster2012

Mel Torme wrote "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...) when he was 17 years old. He wrote it in July when he was dreaming of escaping the oppressive heat. :beer:

I met Mel Torme once. His father used to shop at the supermarket near Beverly Hills that I used to manage. At the time Torme's father was very elderly and would come in to buy a few items and cash a weekly check written to him from Mel Torme Enterprises. Once a low level supervisor gave the gentleman a hard time because the check was over the allowable limit. Seemed nobody knew who the heck Mel Torme was. However, I intervened and said that Mr.Torme's checks could be cashed here at any time, and for any amount per me.

Mel then made it a point to come in and personaly thank me for being kind to his father. Mel Torme was a class guy, and I was thrilled by his gesture.

I consider that a compliment; however, I'm not really worthy of being compared to the one and only 'Old Scratch' -- a man not often sppreciated for his clarity of reason mixed with wonderful sardonic wit. Unfortuntatly most people are far too thin skinned to handle that type of cutting superior intelligence.

Thee best I could ever hope for would to be considered " ~665 "

[emphasis added]

Oh, but it's not real name calling is it? It's just a "Nancy boy" or a "big wuss" here and there. Come on! I'm just an uncouth American 'street guy'. I don't have a PHD in philosophy or drive an electric Saab station wagon.

Wadda-ya-gonna-do? B)

Yeah, but we have all seen what happens when I make passionate logical arguements on the real important issues. People get just as upset and I'm still the bad guy. <_<

Oh that Del, has to keep talking about American soldiers murdered by a disgruntled coward (note that they refuse to say Islamic TERRORIST). When we could be talking about what Robert Plant had for lunch today!

You know what I'm talking about. ;)

My thing is... well, read my sig, that pretty much explains it all. But not directed at you personally. :)

~665

The sig does explain it all, when someone takes your opinion and agrees with it, they're a fellow genius...if they decide that your argument deoesn't change their own view, they're stupid.

Scratch was guilty of the same narrow diplomatic parameters.

There's no balance with everybody thinking alike...a point I've been trying to get across to Otto. ;) The wise man looks at both arguments and walks away an enlightened individual.

The wise man looks at both arguments and walks away an enlightened individual.

Amazingly insightful (for a drummer). :D

I met Mel Torme once. His father used to shop at the supermarket near Beverly Hills that I used to manage. At the time Torme's father was very elderly and would come in to buy a few items and cash a weekly check written to him from Mel Torme Enterprises. Once a low level supervisor gave the gentleman a hard time because the check was over the allowable limit. Seemed nobody knew who the heck Mel Torme was. However, I intervened and said that Mr.Torme's checks could be cashed here at any time, and for any amount per me.

Mel then made it a point to come in and personaly thank me for being kind to his father. Mel Torme was a class guy, and I was thrilled by his gesture.

I know someone who met him.

The sig does explain it all, when someone takes your opinion and agrees with it, they're a fellow genius...if they decide that your argument deoesn't change their own view, they're stupid.

Or simply that my sarcastic tone when applied, is likely due to the fact that a person is being a total dumbass. Especially when they are willing to ignore FACTS that are clear and easliy verified. And then in turn replace those FACTS with 'feelings' and other inane emotional responses geared at ignoring the truth; no matter how uncomfortable that truth may be. Especially when discussing matters of national security and other life or death issues, like terrorism or the war on terrorism.

Scratch was guilty of the same narrow diplomatic parameters.

Scratch was guilty of upsetting the narrow sensibilites of other presumed adults, who would rather discuss Robert Plant 24 hours a day --- then to show one iota of humanity or concern over murdered human beings at the hands of our enemies. People with whom he felt personally grieved by their deaths.

I know exacty where he was coming from.

There's no balance with everybody thinking alike...a point I've been trying to get across to Otto. ;) The wise man looks at both arguments and walks away an enlightened individual.

A wise man doesn't need to wait around to hear both sides of an arguement of whether or not the lion in the bushes enjoys the taste of human flesh.

A wise man already is enlightened enough to know the answer. And what his actions in regard to that shall be.

This is a Led Zeppelin forum. Robert Plant sang with Led Zeppelin. People are bound to have feelings. It's just that sometimes you seem to target people unnecessarily, rather than simply being polite.

We were channel surfing this morning and landed on "Million Dollar Listing" on Bravo. I'd never heard of it before, but we got sucked in and watched 2 straight episodes.

Rural Virginia is definitely a galaxy away from Malibu :blink:

Scratch was guilty of upsetting the narrow sensibilites of other presumed adults, who would rather discuss Robert Plant 24 hours a day --- then to show one iota of humanity or concern over murdered human beings at the hands of our enemies. People with whom he felt personally grieved by their deaths.

That's a rather narrow view of what Scratch did that was controversial! :lol:

Edited by Evster2012

I had to ban Scratch from my forum, yet Andy and I are still friends. But as Scratch he admittedly got carried away with his role. That's the danger when you play as a persona on a forum. You think "What would my character say" rather than what you actually feel and believe.

We were channel surfing this morning and landed on "Million Dollar Listing" on Bravo. I'd never heard of it before, but we got sucked in and watched 2 straight episodes.

Rural Virginia is definitely a galaxy away from Malibu blink.gif

When I was a little girl, Malibu was just a secluded, lovely beach where you could enjoy wandering around in the sand and inhaling the salty air.

latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/1201/index.html

Edited by eternal light

When I was a little girl, Malibu was just a secluded, lovely beach where you could enjoy wandering around in the sand and inhaling the salty air.

It's been awhile since Malibu was like that, sadly. Seal Beach on the other hand, has managed to preserve its Main Street charm, while Long Beach and Huntington have begun to look like Downtown Disney! :slapface: