Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

So does Angi. She drags me there every time we're within 50 miles of the place! :lol:

A good Angi will do that!

I highly doubt that you're "dragged" there. ;)

No, dragged is correct! I like the place, but I stroll at a faster rate than she does. She has to stop and take 50 friggin pictures of EVERY fish, mollusk, lorikeet, sea lion, harbor seal, crustacean,...seagull in the parking lot...you get the point! :lol:

B)

I had to ban Scratch from my forum, yet Andy and I are still friends. But as Scratch he admittedly got carried away with his role. That's the danger when you play as a persona on a forum. You think "What would my character say" rather than what you actually feel and believe.

B)

No, dragged is correct! I like the place, but I stroll at a faster rate than she does. She has to stop and take 50 friggin pictures of EVERY fish, mollusk, lorikeet, sea lion, harbor seal, crustacean,...seagull in the parking lot...you get the point! :lol:

:lol: Sorry mate! :notworthy:

:lol: Sorry mate! :notworthy:

I've always wanted to take her up the coast to see the redwoods, but then I'd be within range of the Monterey Bay Aquarium!! :hysterical:

Meryl is amazing. I saw Julie and Julia (not by choice mind you, they showed it on the plane) and she was fantastic as Julia Child. The film turned out to be quite good too, though not normally my cup of tea.

*Adjusts crotch. Coughs and spits*

I've always wanted to take her up the coast to see the redwoods, but then I'd be within range of the Monterey Bay Aquarium!! :hysterical:

WooHoo! pics of sea otters,seahorses,giant octopi,kelp forrests and the ever elusive black-necked stilt!....

And just look at the size of that fuckin' tree! You could drive a car through it! :P

I watched "Doubt" today. What a marvelous film! Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman have earned my eternal respect.

Meryl is amazing. I saw Julie and Julia (not by choice mind you, they showed it on the plane) and she was fantastic as Julia Child. The film turned out to be quite good too, though not normally my cup of tea.

*Adjusts crotch. Coughs and spits*

Suuuuuuure... ;):P

I can agree,and keep my man-card intact:

Meryl Streep has had my eternal respect ever since the first time I saw The Deer Hunter

B)

That's a rather narrow view of what Scratch did that was controversial! :lol:

I never said he was not controversial, but in my view rock & roll is supposed to be controversial. Mudsharks don't always swim where they ars supposed to. ;)

The only problem with the old goat lord (Scratch) was that he had a bad habit of using the wide nozzel on his flame-thrower... and usually while he was drinking. But he never did me wrong. Even when he was tossing grendades into my breakfast cereal.... it was just to get my attention, and maybe make think about a few things.

People just need to know how to stay out of the way kind of shit. And also figure that they aren't real hand grendades or flame-throwers, right? :lol:

I had to ban Scratch from my forum, yet Andy and I are still friends. But as Scratch he admittedly got carried away with his role. That's the danger when you play as a persona on a forum. You think "What would my character say" rather than what you actually feel and believe.

The first rule about fight club, is nobody talks about fight club.

Eventually Scratch called in and airstrike on his own position. Yeah, it was not a pretty sight. But I've had conversations with him, and I believe he was not just a "persona". And neither was Hermit or lots of folks who choose to reveal things about themselves in this wacky type of forum.

I am often accused of the same thing. But I don't think anyone really thinks I am a 'Spats' or something. I share what I beleive, not what I think 'Del Zeppnile' would beleive. I just don't put myself and family right on the map for everyone like some people might. Just a personal choice.

B)

B)

:smileyquote:

Edited by Del Zeppnile

I am often accused of the same thing. But I don't think anyone really thinks I am a 'Spats' or something. I share what I beleive, not what I think 'Del Zeppnile' would beleive. I just don't put myself and family right on the map for everyone like some people might. Just a personal choice.

I was not implying that you were. I'm rather certain your convictions are entirely genuine. I just was saying that I think Andy let Scratch kinda take over. Perhaps they were both genuine aspects of his personality, but the Scratch side could be self-destructive and needlessly abusive. Btw, saw your posts on his Facebook page. Not sure why you're still taking those Robert Plant fan potshots, but that's a private matter. If you'd like to share, you know how to reach me. I just think it's silly to still be going on.

Missed you at Lahaina. The beers were flowing for nearly four solid hours! We held fucking court, baby! B)

I do know how to find websites, Honey! :beer:

Yeah, I've been to Monterey Bay Aquarium several times, as I lived there (not at the aquarium. In the area). ;)

After growing up in Southern California, I'm surprized how quickly one can forget the sound of a police helicopter circling your area. And like a true Califreakian, I'm heading outside for a smoke and trying to see what it's over! :beer:

No,dragged is correct! I like the place, but I stroll at a faster ratethan she does. She has to stop and take 50 friggin pictures of EVERYfish, mollusk, lorikeet, sea lion, harbor seal, crustacean,...seagullin the parking lot...you get the point! :lol:

Ev's right. "Dragged" is correct! ;)

WooHoo! pics of sea otters,seahorses,giant octopi,kelp forrests and the ever elusive black-necked stilt!....

And just look at the size of that fuckin' tree! You could drive a car through it! :P

...and I always wanted to see those redwoods!!!

Hi everyone! I've been a little busy. I'm teaching night school and I'm working 5 days a week subbing, so I'm not around to complain. ;)

I was not implying that you were. I'm rather certain your convictions are entirely genuine. I just was saying that I think Andy let Scratch kinda take over. Perhaps they were both genuine aspects of his personality, but the Scratch side could be self-destructive and needlessly abusive. Btw, saw your posts on his Facebook page. Not sure why you're still taking those Robert Plant fan potshots, but that's a private matter. If you'd like to share, you know how to reach me. I just think it's silly to still be going on.

Or it could be that I am Scratch and Del Zeppnile is just another toad, one of many minion.

old+scratch+copy.jpg

~natch

Now I must go. I have a young fair haired school teacher that I aquired from some back-water village on one of my many midnight journeys tied up in my cellar wanting to be 'home-schooled' by her master.

I think she said her name was Manders or something like that...

No matter, soon she will sreaming out new names...

~666

My sister's birthday is Thursday and I don't know what to get her. :-\

I am baking her all-time favorite cake, but I'm thinking we should do something more than that.

Some people have contacted me privately about the exchanges on this thread and expressed some concern about certain formulations that I used. While this really concerns what was merely meant to be a rough way of referencing, I have been convinced that a little clarification is in order: First, that the name SNOB is really an acronym that came about in jest (Society of Notables of the Old Board, if I remember correctly); and secondly, that those (closed) forums were not started by Knebby or led by her. :)

Edited by Otto Masson

Forum Days (sung to the tune of Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days)

I had a friend who knew a friend who knew a friend

of Robert Plant during his touring days

Another could throw his philosophy by you

Make you feel like it was school boy

Saw him the other night at this cyber cafe

I was walking in, he was walking out

We went back inside sat down had a few drinks

but all he kept talking about was

Chorus:

Forum days well they'll pass you by

Forum days in the blink of a board reset

Glory days, glory days

Well there's a girl that lives up the block

on the old board she could turn all the boy's heads

Sometimes on a Friday I'd log in

exchange a few posts after she put her kid to bed

Her and her husband well they split up

I guess it's ten years gone by now

We just sit around talking about the old times,

she says when she feels like crying

she starts laughing thinking about

Chorus

My old man worked 20 years on the road

and they let him go

Now everywhere he goes out looking for work

they just tell him that he's too old

I was 9 nine years old and he was working at the

Wembley Stadium merchandise stalls

Now he just sits on a stool down at the Legion hall

but I can tell what's on his mind

Forum days yeah goin back

Forum days aw he ain't never had

Glory days, glory days

Now I think I'm gonna log onto the new board tonight

and I'm going to post till I get my fill

And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it

but I probably will

Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture

a little of the glory of, well time slips away

and leaves you with nothing mister but

boring stories of the old board days

Chorus (repeat twice)

Chorus:

Glory days, glory days

Chorus

and they let him go

Glory days, glory days

but I probably will

Chorus (repeat twice)

Don't give up your day job Steve :blink:

Some people have contacted me privately about the exchanges on this thread and expressed some concern about certain formulations that I used. While this really concerns what was merely meant to be a rough way of referencing, I have been convinced that a little clarification is in order: First, that the name SNOB is really an acronym that came about in jest (Society of Notables of the Old Board, if I remember correctly); and secondly, that those (closed) forums were not started by Knebby or led by her. :)

I have just read the posts of the past week and I really don't understand what was going on. I don't have that long-standing insider knowledge of personalities that others here have.

I just hope Otto, Evster, Deborah continue to contribute "upstairs". I don't understand why anyone would spend a lot of time in the General Forum. It's fun to read a joke or air out a pet peeve, but I have no interest in anybody's views on politics, movies, etc. To quote another controversial poster: Long live the mighty Led Zeppelin! ROCK ON

Edited by Janet

Chorus:

Glory days, glory days

Chorus

and they let him go

Glory days, glory days

but I probably will

Chorus (repeat twice)

You missed your original calling Stevie.YOU can't get back what you never had.Your glory days passed you and you compensate by being like a giddy teen.It's rather amusing to watch.Carry on!