Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

:huh:

Otto, Steve, Del

Fight it out all you want but realize that it is to this sites detriment that you do.

From a purely selfish point of view, I just hate to see good friends of mine beating the crap out of each other. Get it out of your system and get back to the bar. All of you are a few rounds behind and the rest of us are getting impatient :P

"Gentlemen, this is the war room. You can't fight in here!"

Dr.%20Strangelove.JPG

...Actually Ally, Otto and I aren't friends. He is too intelligent and philosophical...

and I am too honest.

~ ;)

As someone observed we all come here for different reasons. I can't talk to anybody about Led Zeppelin so when I'm on this forum or one of the other ones I just want to talk Zeppelin and nothing else.

Or..look at hot pictures of Jimmy...

Well then here you go. Page during one of his finest moments ever. <_<

page-lew-cp-5389949.jpg

Hello All!

This will only apply to certain people. I have placed this on another thread as "A Few Good Musicians"...but I thought I would tweak it a little and maybe IMHO some of you will get the point...maybe!

A FEW GOOD FANS

TRUE ZEPPELIN FAN: " you want answers???"

THREAD BUSTERS: " I want the truth!!"

TRUE ZEPPELIN FAN: "You can't handle the truth"....

"but I'll answer the question...."

"People, we live in a world that requires good conversation....who's going to find it?

You?......you with your constant fighting?

We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at our post and you curse at our accomplishments and the time spent researching..You have that luxury...

You have the luxury of not knowing what we know, that while current

results of your thread busting is tragic, the true fans are still driving the music of Led Zeppelin.

And that our efforts, while resented and misunderstood, by you... drives CONVERSATIONS!

You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about except to everyone who doesn’t give a rats ass....you want us on this forum You NEED us on this forum! We use words like best band ever, creating master pieces, best riffs. We use these words as the backbone of the love we have for this music and this band....you use them as a punch line.We have neither the time nor inclination to explain ourselves to people who take a thread and totally corrupt it then question the manner in which we provide a post..

We would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way...

Otherwise we suggest you pick up a personality and solicit some real fans.

Either way...we don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."

THREAD BUSTERS: " did you or did you not make a RESPECTFUL POST?????"

TRUE ZEPPELIN FAN "You're damn right WE POSTED RESPECTFUL!!!"

Ooohhh-kaaaay! Um... uh.... that was really special.

Uh...yeah.

:huh:

Been rolling with the changes, board resets, loss of all posts, bickering, and friendships made since 2004. The personal vendettas, death threats, claims of insider status, bigotry, and homophobic rants started when the board became the official one.

I agree it's a shame. :(

I really don't think that fear or "phobia" is an accurate definition of what I feel when I see these people...

gay-parade-33.4.jpg

Yep, there are much better words for it. :D

Plus, Deborah, I have no clue what you're going on about...which probably means it isn't geared toward me.

I think she was talking to Eternal Light (aka: Honey)....

sounds like the same language.

:P

Shit is like speaking Klingon to my ears. :slapface:

I think she was talking to Eternal Light (aka: Honey)....

sounds like the same language.

Shit is like speaking Klingon to my ears. :slapface:

This was only geared toward the people that go to threads and post rude and personal attacks on another member.

Been rolling with the changes, board resets, loss of all posts, bickering, and friendships made since 2004. The personal vendettas, death threats, claims of insider status, bigotry, and homophobic rants started when the board became the official one.

I agree it's a shame. :(

Couldn't agree more.

This was only geared toward the people that go to threads and post rude and personal attacks on another member.

Oh good, because for a moment I thought you might have been directing it at me.

dirty_harry.jpg

This doesn't seem very random...or is it?

Random thoughts are very difficult for the intelligent mind.

I am the hunter. Every thought -- every move, has a reason.

Welcome to the board.

I'm Del,

;)

The weather today sucks. 48 degrees and raining. At least tomorrow it's supposed to be 60 and sunny.

The weather today sucks. 48 degrees and raining. At least tomorrow it's supposed to be 60 and sunny.

At least today you have an excuse for being in the basement posting on the internet. :P

I'm thinking of starting a new game. It's called the Jim Jones' game of link-a-dink. This is how we play......

Step 1

Everyone google your favorite political subject.

Step 2

Find one of the 2,987,111 links on the subject matter that best fits your personal point of view.

Step 3

Post the link.

Step 4

Now dare others to disagree. Defend your cut and paste link by insulting the other 10,000 or so posters who may have a different opinion than you. Claim logic is on your side. Claim that it is you that is leading the discussion....after all, you posted the first of 2,987,111 links on the subject and began the thread. In fact you are not only leading the discussion, everyone now agrees with you. Save those links. Someone may soon ask you to write a book.

Any questions ? :unsure:

Edited by Bong-Man

^hey happy bday zeppy wanderer.

i'm just appreciating today and life...to be able to put my hands on a texture and feel it. to do a job and have a day of of work. to work, feel good about the work and not dread the next day of work.

...and I'm one of them?

It's 1am on a Saturday night. I've been working quite hard getting my school stuff together for next week, etc. Now I've got three papers sitting on the coffee table that I still need to grade, and I'm just not into it now. :rolleyes:

So...I wonder what else I can procrastinate on tongiht...besides going to bed.

...and I'm one of them?

No, you are good people. There are lots of good people.

But to hell with the evil apologists of terror and death. They don't deserve any consideration.

It's 1am on a Saturday night. I've been working quite hard getting my school stuff together for next week, etc. Now I've got three papers sitting on the coffee table that I still need to grade, and I'm just not into it now. :rolleyes:

So...I wonder what else I can procrastinate on tongiht...besides going to bed.

Post them here and I'll grade them. I usually have a lot to say on a subject. God knows I've been educating people around here for many years....

I'd have to scan them. They're art projects.

Except for one kid, who ACTUALLY asked me if she could write a literary analysis instead of doing an art project for the final project for a book! :blink:

Or simply that my sarcastic tone when applied, is likely due to the fact that a person is being a total dumbass. Especially when they are willing to ignore FACTS that are clear and easliy verified. And then in turn replace those FACTS with 'feelings' and other inane emotional responses geared at ignoring the truth; no matter how uncomfortable that truth may be. Especially when discussing matters of national security and other life or death issues, like terrorism or the war on terrorism.

I have a feeling that your own response to others' alleged lack of concern is a bit too emotional.

Why is it that there are so many college/professional athletes named Singletary? :blink:

Happy Birthday to the Zeppy Wanderer, 100 years old today. :D

:birthday:

I second or third that! Belated, but we love ya Zeppy! :aw::birthday:

I think that it is wonderful that the English language has so many great words to allow people to express themselves. It's really sad that they sometimes get stuck on the same old words over and over again. They almost sound like broken records.

For instance, if every other word in a Led Zeppelin song was the word 'pathetic', would you even want to listen to it?

And now that people use the word "special" in a derogatory manner, I wouldn't want to hear that word in a song either.

And like I told my boyfriend so many times, it would be so nice if you would learn more than two words in the English language. I realize that you are severely limited by words that start with either f or s, but please try to expand your vocabulary.

Edited by eternal light

I also find it annoying that sometimes people think that talking in circles and behave like they are the only thing in the world that matters.