Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

19 hours ago, reswati said:

Great post,

true post,

sad this post had to be made, since all I wanted was some civilized exchange of thoughts, without racism, homophobia, sexism or ad hominem attacks by individuals who don't even dare to show their true identity/reveal their name/looks/whatever (I guess the word "troll" is the best description).

That was exactly my point.  For years we've been able to have these discussions without too many problems and things were policed on their own.  This past year was far different, as far as what was being said and what was deemed acceptable conduct. 

25 minutes ago, Walter said:

That was exactly my point.  For years we've been able to have these discussions without too many problems and things were policed on their own.  This past year was far different, as far as what was being said and what was deemed acceptable conduct. 

There are tens of thousands of political forums available online, so join one and have those discussions there.

2 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

There are tens of thousands of political forums available online, so join one and have those discussions there.

I appreciate you looking out for me there, Jonesy.  Politics were never my draw to this site, as evidence by the fact I have remained an active member/poster for the 4 months those discussions have not been permitted.  With that said, it's a shame that this site has been limited and, in my opinion, damaged by the actions of members who could not maintain a level of decency towards other members.  Especially when I see a basic standard of decency maintained on other band's websites, that are no more politically based than Zeppelin.  This is a social site, after all, which cannot have discussions about societal issues that affect everyone.  It's the people who make the site, not the other way around.  

58 minutes ago, Walter said:

I appreciate you looking out for me there, Jonesy.  Politics were never my draw to this site, as evidence by the fact I have remained an active member/poster for the 4 months those discussions have not been permitted.  With that said, it's a shame that this site has been limited and, in my opinion, damaged by the actions of members who could not maintain a level of decency towards other members.  Especially when I see a basic standard of decency maintained on other band's websites, that are no more politically based than Zeppelin.  This is a social site, after all, which cannot have discussions about societal issues that affect everyone.  It's the people who make the site, not the other way around.  

:yesnod:

Michael C. Hall is officially off the market! The Dexter star got married for the third time on Monday when he tied the knot with girlfriend Morgan Macgregor in a surprise ceremony at City Hall in NYC.

I find it quite ironic that Hall's character in "Dexter" happened to be named Dexter Morgan!!!

I recently heard that I am a "pain in the arse" on this forum, hence my humble apologies to all the hundreds of people I did not insult yet, due to my lack of time.

Also my best wishes to all the people I might have insulted, may you get what you like, and may you like what you get.

Love ya all.

Edited by reswati

3 hours ago, reswati said:

I recently heard that I am a "pain in the arse" on this forum, hence my humble apologies to all the hundreds of people I did not insult yet, due to my lack of time.

Also my best wishes to all the people I might have insulted, may you get what you like, and may you like what you get.

Love ya all.

Oh yeah, let me guess who informed you of this.... :Thinking: 

We are all a "pain in the arse/ass" at one time or another.

Edited by Strider

Good evening from not-quite-sunny St Petersburg FL!

It's a weekend of baseball, food, and meeting imaginary friends for the first time! :D 

15 minutes ago, ebk said:

It's a weekend of baseball, food, and meeting imaginary friends for the first time! :D 

Good afternoon from definitely sunny Los Angeles! Enjoy your travels and meet-ups!

36 minutes ago, ebk said:

Welcome to Florida!!!!  Looks like another great weekend! Looking forward to a nice drive to Tampa tomorrow night with the top down in the Camaro, a fabulous dinner with a very cool lady and her husband, then the Orlando City season opener on Sunday, RP Sunday night, and the day off on Monday! :) 

Edited by Walter

On 3/2/2016 at 9:46 AM, reswati said:

Love ya all.

You definitely can be, but that's  what makes you interesting, IMHO.

I've never seen you be rude or disrespectful unless to give back what you have had thrown at you. :(

Well, I'll just throw myself under the bus and admit to being a pain too...its part of being human.

I figure I'm on my 49th trip around the sun, it's time to stir some shit up!! Lol

Love and Respect

And TGIF!!

On 3/2/2016 at 4:16 AM, reswati said:

Love ya all.

It depends on who you ask, you know? Perhaps you should ask for a second opinion, res? ;) Anyway, don't let some random online chump get to you!

Edited to add: Res, you always tell it like how it is and I really appreciate that! B) Here is a song for you. Thanks for being real and not a pretender! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 3/2/2016 at 10:46 PM, reswati said:

Love ya all.

That's why I love ya man !! Your sense of humour and intelligence  is what makes you an honorary member of this great forum. 

On 2/29/2016 at 10:35 AM, reswati said:

Great post,

true post,

sad this post had to be made, since all I wanted was some civilized exchange of thoughts, without racism, homophobia, sexism or ad hominem attacks by individuals who don't even dare to show their true identity/reveal their name/looks/whatever (I guess the word "troll" is the best description).

OMG-- this coming from you. You complain and say off color remarks almost more than anyone. Move on already, please.

9 hours ago, kipper said:

OMG-- this coming from you. You complain and say off color remarks almost more than anyone. Move on already, please.

Thanks for your intelligent comment, you are a truly bright light.

I respect your regarded opinion, though I must admit I do not agree with you, Wolfgang Amadeus :-)

Edited by reswati

well its an unusual start to the day reading the sad news that Keith Emerson as pass away...

I went to a bridal shower today (yippee...?) and had coffee at 3pm.  So in order to not stay up all night, I'm about to pour my third beer.

Yeah...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it ;) 

^^^ Speaking of dreaming, last night I dreamed that I was banned from this forum. I posted a comment and a message popped up on my screen that had 'Banned' written all over it.  Pretty sure that's not even how it works but I must be worried about a post I made? ;) 

Edited by Ddladner