Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

That had to be a scary moment, ebk. Glad everyone is ok!  Wonder what would have caused the truck to catch fire?!  

Dear 2016 and Mr. Grim Reaper,

We get it. You want us all to live miserable fuckin' lives, where good people, who actually have the immense talent to contribute something wonderful to this world of ours and add colour to our otherwise drab existence (and thereby bring nothing but joy and pleasure to millions), as per your sick and twisted mentality, deserve to die. While people who bring so much harm and misery across the world (from terrorists and dictators, to corrupt politicians), get away from your clutches! Why not target them instead and leave all the good people alone?! Am I asking for too much?! Please be fair, for crying out loud! How about eliminating all the evil people from our society for a change?! 

Are you seriously trying to short change all of us, by subtly implying that in this day and age, evil actually triumphs over good? You disgust me!

Besides, it's just been 4 months and 3 weeks and already, you have graced us with your sick sense of humour, by systematically (in one sweep), taking way so many legends not only in music, but also sports and comedy! I don't mean to sound rude, but SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! ENOUGH ALREADY! NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?! :angry:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

10 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

We get it. You want us all to live miserable fuckin' lives, where good people, who actually have the immense talent to contribute something wonderful to this world of ours and add colour to our otherwise drab existence (and thereby bring nothing but joy and pleasure to millions), as per your sick and twisted mentality, deserve to die. While people who bring so much harm and misery across the world (from terrorists and dictators, to corrupt politicians), get away from your clutches! Why not target them instead and leave all the good people alone?! Am I asking for to much?! Please be fair, for cryin' out loud! How about eliminating evil people from our society for a change?! 

Are you seriously trying to short change all of us, by subtly implying that in this day and age, evil actually triumphs over good? You disgust me!

Besides, it's just been 3 months and 3 weeks and already, you have graced us with your sick sense of humour, by systematically (in one sweep), taking way so many legends not only in music, but also sports and comedy! I don't mean to sound rude, but SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! ENOUGH ALREADY! :angry:

Very nice and very well typed.  However, I do believe that it has been 4 months and 3 weeks since the beginning of this year of 2016. 

1 minute ago, kingzoso said:

Very nice and very well typed.  However, I do believe that it has been 4 months and 3 weeks since the beginning of this year of 2016. 

Thank you, kingzoso! It just started flowing and this is one post that I wrote on the spot without thinking twice, straight from the heart. Oh and I did a quick edit and corrected my oversight. I guess my anger and disgust clouded my judgement. :peace: 

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Thank you, kingzoso! It just started flowing and this is one post that I wrote on the spot without thinking twice, straight from the heart. Oh and I did a quick edit and corrected my oversight. I guess my anger and disgust clouded my judgement. :peace: 

You did and said good.  I am 45 years old and have been a fan of Led Zeppelin since I was a 13 year old kid (32 years now) and a fan of good and great Music ever since then.  But I have to admit that in all those years, I don't think that there have been so many deaths of so many Musicians of all degrees and calibers and genres that this semi early year has brought us. 

I dread to see or hear or read about who may be next. 

2 hours ago, kingzoso said:

You did and said good.  I am 45 years old and have been a fan of Led Zeppelin since I was a 13 year old kid (32 years now) and a fan of good and great Music ever since then.  But I have to admit that in all those years, I don't think that there have been so many deaths of so many Musicians of all degrees and calibers and genres that this semi early year has brought us. 

I dread to see or hear or read about who may be next. 

I couldn't agree more! The Grim Reaper has been such a heartless bastard this year. So many legends and pioneers have been taken. The death that really hit me hard, was that of David Bowie. I've been a fan for 16 years now (since I was 12) and I used to turn to that man's music for both comfort and inspiration. Albums like The Man Who Sold The World and Aladdin Sane mean the world to me. 

Honestly, I'm scared at this point and shudder to think who might be next! :( 

5 minutes ago, Fool In The Rain 60 said:

I Shudder to think what SHITE the next Keyboard Warrior will spout about!!!

True.

:wave: 

Just now, Fool In The Rain 60 said:

:wave:  Trouble is they are everywhere !!!!!

Yes far too many and usual camouflage themselves quite well - for a while....  Hope you are doing well, Kate!  Speak with Knebby ever?  Send her my best, if you do!  ?

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

Yes far too many and usual camouflage themselves quite well - for a while....  Hope you are doing well, Kate!  Speak with Knebby ever?  Send her my best, if you do!  ?

I'm doing well thanks Walter,  Be glad when the Summer gets her though my poor old bones hate this damp cold weather.

Never speak to Knebby, Big Dan did at one time but not recently.

Hope all is well with you 

19 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

We get it. You want us all to live miserable fuckin' lives, where good people, who actually have the immense talent to contribute something wonderful to this world of ours and add colour to our otherwise drab existence (and thereby bring nothing but joy and pleasure to millions), as per your sick and twisted mentality, deserve to die. While people who bring so much harm and misery across the world (from terrorists and dictators, to corrupt politicians), get away from your clutches! Why not target them instead and leave all the good people alone?! Am I asking for too much?! Please be fair, for crying out loud! How about eliminating all the evil people from our society for a change?! 

Besides, it's just been 4 months and 3 weeks and already, you have graced us with your sick sense of humour, by systematically (in one sweep), taking way so many legends not only in music, but also sports and comedy! I don't mean to sound rude, but SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! ENOUGH ALREADY! NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?! :angry:

Guess what?  Everybody dies.    Sheesh!

6 hours ago, kipper said:

Guess what?  Everybody dies.    Sheesh!

Guess what? This is the random thoughts thread and I have the right to have my own thoughts and express them! If you don't like it, then get stuffed!

By the way, interesting choice of words there, on the R.I.P thread dedicated to Prince, considering your sarcastic reply to me, on this thread.

Capture_zpss5ptya5j.jpg

Would you be so kind as to make up your mind once and for all? Sheesh! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 4/23/2016 at 9:43 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Guess what? This is the random thoughts thread and I have the right to have my own thoughts and express them! If you don't like it, then get stuffed!

By the way, interesting choice of words there, on the R.I.P thread dedicated to Prince, considering your sarcastic reply to me, on this thread.

Capture_zpss5ptya5j.jpg

Would you be so kind as to make up your mind once and for all? Sheesh! :rolleyes: 

My comment was rational.  Your rant was rather bizarre to put it mildly.  Hope you are having a better day today.

36 minutes ago, kipper said:

My comment was rational.  Your rant was rather bizarre to put it mildly.  Hope you are having a better day today.

Bizarre to you maybe, but a lot of people seemed to feel exactly the same way, as I did, especially on the day that Prince died.

There is even a BBC report that has tried to analyze the reasons for so many celebrity deaths this year. Here's the article : http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-3610813

If the BBC can think that there has been an unusually high level of celebrity deaths in 2016, then I guess the issue is indeed a legitimate one and that my rant (though eccentric), is not unfounded. 

Besides, ever heard of the phrases blowing off some steam and freedom of thought? 

Ranting on this thread definitely helped and I began feeling like my calm self again. Anyway, thanks for asking. :peace: 

On 4/22/2016 at 11:58 PM, kingzoso said:

No, Kiwi is right. It has been three months (January, February, March) and three weeks.

19 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Bizarre to you maybe, but a lot of people seemed to feel exactly the same way, as I did, especially on the day that Prince died.

There is even a BBC report that has tried to analyze the reasons for so many celebrity deaths this year. Here's the article : http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-3610813

If the BBC can think that there has been an unusually high level of celebrity deaths in 2016, then I guess the issue is indeed a legitimate one and that my rant (though eccentric), is not unfounded. 

Besides, ever heard of the phrases blowing off some steam and freedom of thought? 

Ranting on this thread definitely helped and I began feeling like my calm self again. Anyway, thanks for asking. :peace: 

I looked it up and about 150,000 people in the world die each day.  Prince was just one person, not more or less worthy of human empathy.  That is my "freedom of thought" for the day.

Is it too soon for me to say I just don't get Princes' music?

I get that he was a great musician, but singer? Nope. Terrible voice. Songwriter? Nope. I don't like any of his stuff.

I had no idea he was still so popular.  I think of his music as 80's crap.

I'm not meaning to upset anyone,  this is just my opinion and I am aware that I'm in the minority. 

15 hours ago, kipper said:

I looked it up and about 150,000 people in the world die each day.  Prince was just one person, not more or less worthy of human empathy.  That is my "freedom of thought" for the day.

You either don't seem to understand my point or you are just too stubborn to do so.

1. I don't know about you, but I would rather see an evil person such as a terrorist who has masterminded the killing of 100's of innocent people across Europe, suffer and die for his evil deeds, than see someone as talented as say David Bowie, die of a horrid disease like cancer or someone like Prince, die so young.

2. My question is (which formed the basis of my recent rant on this thread) : how come evil people (like members of a terrorist organization, for instance) have their health intact, manage to escape punishment for all their wrong-doing (for months, maybe even years on end) and thrive, while good people (who bring nothing but joy to millions, through their art) suffer from horrid diseases and die or die pretty young, these days? These things are indeed happening in the world, today and it's fact, not fiction. Perhaps you'll argue in your response to my rhetorical question, by telling me that's life and that, such issues have absolutely nothing to do with ordinary people, like us. Or you might tell me, that's what happens and we just need to suck it up and deal with it. Well, that's absolutely fine. You are entitled to your opinions and I understand that everybody thinks differently. I on the other hand, like to ask questions (even though such questions maybe of the rhetorical kind) and as I said in a previous post, I like to think deeply about stuff like this. 

3. The point that I was trying to make all this time, had absolutely nothing to do with the bleedin' obvious facts that people die every day, everybody dies or that death is a process that's in the cycle of life. To me, this entire issue that I have been posting about, all this time, boils down to two factors: fairness and karma. That's all. Get it?!

4. Oh and just in case you don't know what Karma is, well, it refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect, where the intent and actions of an individual, influence the future of that individual. Good intent and good deeds contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deeds contribute to bad karma and future suffering.

5. If you don't care about / believe in things like fairness and karma, my reaction will be : To each his own. I certainly won't resort to the usage of sarcastic or scornful retorts. For you see, unlike you, I don't have a problem when people choose to rant (especially on a thread that's meant exactly for that), irrespective of how outlandish it may seem. I neither get incredibly annoyed, just because someone dares to have a different way of thinking, nor do I take it upon myself to imply that the person concerned, has an illogical way of thinking. What gives you, me or anyone else, the right to be scornful or judgmental of some else's point of view?! To me, this sort of a reaction towards somebody else's way of thinking does seem pretty unfair and uncalled for. Maybe you have other ways of getting things out of your system or you choose to keep things bottled up inside. I don't know and quite frankly, it's none of my business, but make no mistake. This is my way of letting off steam.

6. Let me remind you, that as a member of this forum, I have as much right as you or anyone else, to rant / express my opinions, on a variety of subjects. Neither you nor anyone else can stop me, from doing so. If you don't like it, then that's just too damn bad!

If you still can't or aren't prepared to understand the reason for my outlandish rant (not that I owe you or anyone else an explanation for my train of thought), then I have nothing more to say to you and I no longer wish to waste my time and energy, by choosing to continue this incredibly pointless conversation with you. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
To insert the definition of karma

14 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Is it too soon for me to say I just don't get Princes' music?

I get that he was a great musician, but singer? Nope. Terrible voice. Songwriter? Nope. I don't like any of his stuff.

I had no idea he was still so popular.  I think of his music as 80's crap.

I'm not meaning to upset anyone,  this is just my opinion and I am aware that I'm in the minority. 

+1

People acting like a Beatle died or something. :huh:

53 minutes ago, Walter said:

A one man "Beatle"....

:yesnod:

I don't tell people who to like or not like. I just take notes. But Prince's output is so vast and multifaceted, like his boundary-breaking brethren Bowie, that to dismiss it makes me wonder how much of the man's music one has listened to before relegating it as 80s crap.

Have they heard "Sometimes It Snows in April"? Or "Conspiracy of the Heart"? Or "Ballad of Dorothy Parker"..."Slow Love"..."Beautiful Ones"..."New Position"..."I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man"..."If I Was Your Girlfriend"..."Irresistable Bitch"..."Housequake"..."The Cross"?

If you have and you still don't like Prince, that's okay. Some people you get, others you don't.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

:yesnod:

I don't tell people who to like or not like. I just take notes. But Prince's output is so vast and multifaceted, like his boundary-breaking brethren Bowie, that to dismiss it makes me wonder how much of the man's music one has listened to before relegating it as 80s crap.

Have they heard "Sometimes It Snows in April"? Or "Conspiracy of the Heart"? Or "Ballad of Dorothy Parker"..."Slow Love"..."Beautiful Ones"..."New Position"..."I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man"..."If I Was Your Girlfriend"..."Irresistable Bitch"..."Housequake"..."The Cross"?

If you have and you still don't like Prince, that's okay. Some people you get, others you don't.

You and I are absolutely on the same page.  His "deep cuts" were the true gems and what separated him from everyone, in his time period.  The younger generations (10-20) don't know what's up because they've only heard the radio staples.  Plus not many know how many hits he wrote that others recorded.  Whatever, to each his own. ✌?️

I admit that I don't know a lot of the deep cuts.  But I intend to try to listen to all of them.  I honestly don't know why I'm so upset by this, but today, in the middle of the afternoon, I just started crying at my desk.  He was quite the personality.  And the talent was off the charts.  

Damn.........