Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You made multiple assumptions. I don't discuss my background here. For one thing, it's none of your business. For another, I don't come here to discuss myself, and I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Finally, if you label me you negate me.  

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You are dodging the question just like Trump dodged the draft. You were the one who made an accusation about me (fleeing to Canada), so I pointed out that was not true and simply asked what your qualifications were to make such a claim much less judge.

BTW, the whole "you label me you negate me" thing is complete bullshit, it means nothing. If I call you a man have I negated you? If you are an electrician and thus are identified as such have you been negated? How about if you are identified as a human, has this in some fashion negated you? Of course not. The only person who can negate you is you, a label has no power one way or the other except that which you or society give it. Its like that old saying, "better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and confirm it."

I love how people describe "fleeing to Canada" on this thread  like it's something bad - news flash Canada ?? is an AMAZING place to live and in some ways has a unique lifestyle unlike any other nation on earth. I travel all over the place and believe me when I say Canadians have nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

36 minutes ago, IpMan said:

You are dodging the question just like Trump dodged the draft. You were the one who made an accusation about me (fleeing to Canada), so I pointed out that was not true and simply asked what your qualifications were to make such a claim much less judge.

BTW, the whole "you label me you negate me" thing is complete bullshit, it means nothing. If I call you a man have I negated you? If you are an electrician and thus are identified as such have you been negated? How about if you are identified as a human, has this in some fashion negated you? Of course not. The only person who can negate you is you, a label has no power one way or the other except that which you or society give it. Its like that old saying, "better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and confirm it."

For the record, I never said YOU fled to Canada I said you could relate to that (given your self-proclaimed Citizen of the World status).

In point of fact, if you call me a man you have negated me to some extent. I could be a pig-tailed Japanese girl who is shy with boys and uneasy around foreigners. If you call me an electrician you have negated me to some extent, for I could be an Amish farmer. Negation occurs when we assign labels to others, particularly in the arena of ideas. I prefer my points of view to stand on their own merits, and not be subjected to negation.  

Edited by SteveAJones

8 minutes ago, Clinton P. Desveaux said:

I love how people describe "fleeing to Canada" on this thread  like it's something bad - news flash Canada ?? is an AMAZING place to live and in some ways has a unique lifestyle unlike any other nation on earth. I travel all over the place and believe me when I say Canadians have nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

The Americans who fled there in the 1960s & 1970s to dodge the draft do have something to be ashamed and embarrassed about. 

Reported SAJ for a homophobic remark (thanks for the tip to my anonymous friend, since I put this guy on "ignore" quite a while ago.....seems he still wants to pick fights even though I cannot read his drivel anymore). I wish him well trying to slime himself out of that.

Peace!

25 minutes ago, reswati said:

Reported SAJ for a homophobic remark (thanks for the tip to my anonymous friend, since I put this guy on "ignore" quite a while ago.....seems he still wants to pick fights even though I cannot read his drivel anymore). I wish him well trying to slime himself out of that.

Peace!

I wish this shit bag would put me on ignore and I'll bet all his fantastic friends are anonymous. 

On March 3, 2017 at 9:18 AM, SteveAJones said:

He's a charlatan and a shit bag and I'm being kind in saying that.

SPOILER ALERT:

No, you're racist.

Edited by Walter

On March 3, 2017 at 11:14 AM, IpMan said:

Oh myyyyyy...I did not know you were into that sort of thing. Looks like you are more liberal than you think.

He's already proven he's inept at keeping a lady.

On March 3, 2017 at 1:27 PM, SteveAJones said:

Show me where he dodged the draft. He obtained student deferments (perfectly legal), received a high draft number (perfectly legit) and was ultimately classified 4F (also legal). Do you even know what constitutes dodging the draft? I'll give you a hint. Essentially, it's having your draft number called and failing to report for duty. Hiding out in Canada, for example, which I'm sure you can relate to. 

:slapface: 

He served our country.

Unlike you who, allegedly went to Japan and, became a computer screen warrior.

18 hours ago, slave to zep said:

This forum has become an ugly, boring embarrassment. 

As has the world in general....

13 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Problem is we spend way too much defending the free world.  Let those other countries pony up for their own military defenses and stop relying on us to be the world's policeman.  

Foreign diplomacy is a very complicated issue.  I suggest you think deeper than the surface.  Also, we don't fight others wars, we start our own anymore.

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You made multiple assumptions. I don't discuss my background here. For one thing, it's none of your business. For another, I don't come here to discuss myself, and I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. Finally, if you label me you negate me.  

:hysterical: 

You discuss yourself all the time here....you're unreal.

5 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The Americans who fled there in the 1960s & 1970s to dodge the draft do have something to be ashamed and embarrassed about. 

Not as much as the US government at the time and Pres (Disgrace) Nixon who put the kabosh on a peace treaty during the '68 election with secret meetings during the election, which would have saved many lives and calmed the nation down.  

Tick, tick, tick, that Trump clock keeps ticking away.  How many links to Russia now?  It's only a matter of time....

Edited by Walter

48 minutes ago, Walter said:

Tick, tick, tick, that Trump clock keeps ticking away.  How many links to Russia now?  It's only a matter of time....

Tick_Tick_Tick_1970.jpg

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I couldn't agree more. All the racists, bigots, snow flake and anti-snow flake folk (whatever the fuck these terms mean!!) seem to be out in full force. Disagree with their views, abuse shall be hurled at you! How bloody fantastic! All this is nothing but petty shouting matches and baiting. It's a shame what our community has morphed into, Julie! Personally, I don't have any political affiliations (thank goodness for that, because I honestly don't have the stomach for it!!). All I and a few good folk (like you and Res, for instance) want is a forum in every sense of the word, namely a civilized place where anything can be discussed, while maintaining a basic sense of decorum and courtesy. There is a fine line between debating and hurling abuse. What pains me most of all, is this: why the bloody hell should the actions of some posters who obviously can't stand to have a civilized conversation, threaten the sanctity of a forum such as this one? It just isn't fair!

Well said as always Kiwi! You're one of the few remaining bright spots in this thread. I'm not opposed to political discussion in and of itself (I too have my own beliefs), but what I am opposed to is the rampant hatred and insults that have taken over this thread and many other internet sites (Twitter, Youtube comments, some areas of Reddit, etc.). This thread has become so toxic with people constantly attacking one another and being petty in general.

I refrain from discussing politics on the internet because most people simply cannot handle to hear a differing opinion from their own. I've seen a post on IMDb that called for all those who are pro-life to have their wives and daughters be raped by a gang of black men in order to understand the pain of having an abortion. I've seen a person on another site who supported President Obama be called a "little red baboon race devil". This thread hasn't quite devolved to that vile level of discourse, but it is inching closer and closer every day.

The 2016 election and its aftermath have brought out the absolute worst in both sides. No one seems intent on intelligent, thoughtful discussion. Everyone is just simply content to hurl insults and hatred toward one another, not to mention grossly exaggerate and stereotype each other. This may come as a shock to some people on this forum, but not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, misogynistic bigot, nor is everyone who is opposed to him a radical, Marxist crybaby. There are smart people on both sides and there are morons on both sides, as is the case with any large group of like-minded people.

If what I just said above offended anybody here, then go to the "safe space" that you all love to whine about so much. If you cannot act like an adult and simply understand that not everyone agrees with you, then you shouldn't be here, period. And don't you all try to blame the toxic nature of this thread on one particular side or person. Multiple people on this thread on both sides of the aisle (we all know who they are) are the problem. I will report any post that is uncivil and hateful, regardless of that person's political beliefs (or lack thereof).

At the end of the day, recognize that that is a human being that you are talking to and you should treat them the way you want to be treated. We're all here because we love Zeppelin, right? How about we celebrate the fact that this is a unique place where fans from all over the world can interact with each other and become friends instead of attacking each other over our personal beliefs?

Rant over.

10 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Well said as always Kiwi! You're one of the few remaining bright spots in this thread. I'm not opposed to political discussion in and of itself (I too have my own beliefs), but what I am opposed to is the rampant hatred and insults that have taken over this thread and many other internet sites (Twitter, Youtube comments, some areas of Reddit, etc.). This thread has become so toxic with people constantly attacking one another and being petty in general.

I refrain from discussing politics on the internet because most people simply cannot handle to hear a differing opinion from their own. I've seen a post on IMDb that called for all those who are pro-life to have their wives and daughters be raped by a gang of black men in order to understand the pain of having an abortion. I've seen a person on another site who supported President Obama be called a "little red baboon race devil". This thread hasn't quite devolved to that vile level of discourse, but it is inching closer and closer every day.

The 2016 election and its aftermath have brought out the absolute worst in both sides. No one seems intent on intelligent, thoughtful discussion. Everyone is just simply content to hurl insults and hatred toward one another, not to mention grossly exaggerate and stereotype each other. This may come as a shock to some people on this forum, but not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, misogynistic bigot, nor is everyone who is opposed to him a radical, Marxist crybaby. There are smart people on both sides and there are morons on both sides, as is the case with any large group of like-minded people.

If what I just said above offended anybody here, then go to the "safe space" that you all love to whine about so much. If you cannot act like an adult and simply understand that not everyone agrees with you, then you shouldn't be here, period. And don't you all try to blame the toxic nature of this thread on one particular side or person. Multiple people on this thread on both sides of the aisle (we all know who they are) are the problem. I will report any post that is uncivil and hateful, regardless of that person's political beliefs (or lack thereof).

At the end of the day, recognize that that is a human being that you are talking to and you should treat them the way you want to be treated. We're all here because we love Zeppelin, right? How about we celebrate the fact that this is a unique place where fans from all over the world can interact with each other and become friends instead of attacking each other over our personal beliefs?

Rant over.

:yourock::goodpost::thanku:

2 hours ago, Walter said:

:slapface: 

He served our country.

Unlike you who, allegedly went to Japan and, became a computer screen warrior.

If you say so, Under Dis Dress.

When I took my Army physical in Oakland in 1969 for the Vietnam war, I was terrified. My mind was still messed up from LSD and I was first classified as "1-Y" which meant they would only take me if a world war broke out. Later on they classified me as "4-F' which meant that I couldn't join if I wanted to. I was very much relieved. I had no plans to run to Canada either. It was a humiliating experience as 300 of us had to walk around all day in our underwear. Protesters were passing out flyers outside the building and the Army guys did not like that. I already had 3 brothers and two nephews who served over there. Army, Navy and Merchant Marines. They all got back ok physically, but the PTSD was also present, especially with my brother who was at Cu-Chi, which is where the VC had dug tunnels right under their base. He not only had to fight in the field but also worry about those bastards popping up where he was supposed to safe. A great book was written on the subject: "The Tunnels Of Cu-Chi." It's now a tourist attraction. Why am I telling this? Hell if I know. 

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

In point of fact, if you call me a man you have negated me to some extent. 

No, if someone uses a descriptor in reference to a person, that does not negate them in any fashion, it is only a descriptor. It is you and only you who can either negate or affirm yourself, no one can do either. However if you are so powerless an individual that a label can negate you within your own psyche, that is your issue, no one else's.

4 hours ago, redrum said:

When I took my Army physical in Oakland in 1969 for the Vietnam war, I was terrified. My mind was still messed up from LSD and I was first classified as "1-Y" which meant they would only take me if a world war broke out. Later on they classified me as "4-F' which meant that I couldn't join if I wanted to. I was very much relieved. I had no plans to run to Canada either. It was a humiliating experience as 300 of us had to walk around all day in our underwear. Protesters were passing out flyers outside the building and the Army guys did not like that. I already had 3 brothers and two nephews who served over there. Army, Navy and Merchant Marines. They all got back ok physically, but the PTSD was also present, especially with my brother who was at Cu-Chi, which is where the VC had dug tunnels right under their base. He not only had to fight in the field but also worry about those bastards popping up where he was supposed to safe. A great book was written on the subject: "The Tunnels Of Cu-Chi." It's now a tourist attraction. Why am I telling this? Hell if I know. 

That was very heartfelt Red, and I mean that sincerely. We may not always agree but I believe the world is a better place with you in it my friend.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

No, if someone uses a descriptor in reference to a person, that does not negate them in any fashion, it is only a descriptor. It is you and only you who can either negate or affirm yourself, no one can do either. However if you are so powerless an individual that a label can negate you within your own psyche, that is your issue, no one else's.

I'll never be mistaken for powerless. Anyway, negation is not self-referential it is something that occurs within others. I mean seriously, just Google it and get a clue.

On 3/4/2017 at 0:20 AM, kingzoso said:

I agree completely.  I am tired of seeing the "I hate Trump" etc... nonsense.  If those that hate him so much and are American citizens, there is an easy answer.  LEAVE and move to another, any other country.  This goes for a lot of people that post on this topic, they know who they are.  Get the Fuck out of My Country if you are so pathetic and do not agree with "OUR" President.  I stand with the United States of America, regardless of who my President is. 

On a side note, I live within 10 miles of former President George W. Bush.  How many "real" Americans can say that they live so close to a live, living former President?

This is a really bizarre statement. First of all, BFD as to your proximity to a former President. Anyone else give a rat's ass about that? WTF??

Get out of your country?  This is OUR country, not YOUR country or Trump's country and a lot of people hate the president... most of whom are decent, hard working, thoughtful, and productive members of society.  Do you really think 65 million plus Americans should leave OUR country?? ( Of course you do)  Dissent and open free thought and speech are sacred rights.  The easy answer is protest, and vote . Your suggestion is insulting to Americans, so is our 45th president. 

1 minute ago, porgie66 said:

Dissent and open free thought and speech are sacred rights.