Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

22 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

:thanku:

The US is a Constitutional Republic.:smack:

Thank you very much, Anjin-san. Dead and illegal people are not supposed to be deciding what is best for the country either.

Had "She" won, then the wife of a sexter would be running the US... someone with close ties to the Brotherhood. ;)

Edited by apantherfrommd

7 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

The US is a Constitutional Republic.:smack:

As long as Gerrymandering is allowed the US is NOT a constitutional Republic. In fact, with the passage of Citizens United (there goes both the constitution and republic part) the US officially became an Oligarchy.

A: If districts are Gerrymandered, all public elections become irrelevant.

B: If you have an Electoral College you are not a republic

C: If you allow corporations and the wealthy to affect the election process through money you are not a republic

D: Once congress stops acting within its capacity and defers action to the executive you are not a republic

Anyone who believes the US is a constitutional republic with even a small modicum of democratic process is delusional. I would actually argue from a purely technical and absolutist position that the US ceased to be a constitutional republic in 1812 under Madison with the redrawing of the Massachusetts congressional dzisctrics.

8 hours ago, JTM said:

Only some of you. You got what you have because of the "College Votes" system, more people voted for HC. It was the same when Dubbya got in, that and the Florida Fix as it was reported here.. Some twisted democracy that..

no, we have the system which works. we are a united STATES and our voting system is so that STATES elect the POTUS not a popular vote. Without this system only a handful of states would in charge of the presidency.

this isnt twisted democracy, it is something someone who bows to a royal would never understand

6 minutes ago, kipper said:

no, we have the system which works. we are a united STATES and our voting system is so that STATES elect the POTUS not a popular vote. Without this system only a handful of states would in charge of the presidency.

this isnt twisted democracy, it is something someone who bows to a royal would never understand

I don't bow to anyone, never mind Royals, I'll hold the door open for you if you're a lady though. (guess you aren't but you know what I mean).

38 minutes ago, JTM said:

I don't bow to anyone, never mind Royals, I'll hold the door open for you if you're a lady though. (guess you aren't but you know what I mean).

you should worry about your embarrasment in London right now and not our voting system. ours works

28 minutes ago, kipper said:

you should worry about your embarrasment in London right now and not our voting system. ours works

Embarrassment ? Worry, why it solves/cures nothing, it's pointless negativity, and it might give you an ulcer.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

As long as Gerrymandering is allowed the US is NOT a constitutional Republic. In fact, with the passage of Citizens United (there goes both the constitution and republic part) the US officially became an Oligarchy.

😄 If you allow corporations and the wealthy to affect the election process through money you are not a republic

D: Once congress stops acting within its capacity and defers action to the executive you are not a republic

Anyone who believes the US is a constitutional republic with even a small modicum of democratic process is delusional. I would actually argue from a purely technical and absolutist position that the US ceased to be a constitutional republic in 1812 under Madison with the redrawing of the Massachusetts congressional dzisctrics.

Waiting for Alexandria to run so she can straighten this all out I bet. 

3 hours ago, Anjin-san said:

Leave Saggy alone cryingbluerain.Delusional  he is.

Please explain how my post is in any way wrong or delusional. Go ahead, I can wait.

7 hours ago, JTM said:

Embarrassment ? Worry, why it solves/cures nothing, it's pointless negativity, and it might give you an ulcer.

It also might motivate you to keep your government in check. 

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

Please explain how my post is in any way wrong or delusional. Go ahead, I can wait.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

9 hours ago, kipper said:

8 hours ago, JTM said:

Image result for sadiq khan vs churchill

Not politics, but leadership.

11 hours ago, IpMan said:

😄 If you allow corporations and the wealthy to affect the election process through money you are not a republic

Yeah, right. Yet if some cross dressing gargoyle insists he's a real girl...

1 hour ago, apantherfrommd said:

Fun fact Andy, during the Battle of Britain, the Nazi's were exclusively bombing military targets only, they never hit a civilian center at first. Because of this the UK was quite literally two weeks away from losing the battle and having to capitulate to the Nazi's. Churchill knew he had to pull a rabbit out of a hat however that rabbit had fangs and would eat the English in order to save them. Churchill ordered the bombing of civilian targets in Germany knowing Hitler would retaliate in like which would take the pressure off of the military targets and allow the RAF to rebuild airfields and train new pilots. The strategy worked and saved Britain at the cost of thousands of British civilian lives. It pushed the Luftwaffe to fly much further an expose their pilots to much greater risk which resulted in the virtual destruction of the Luftwaffe's offensive capability.

Some might say Churchill was a war criminal  for doing what he did, however sometimes you must cut off a limb to save the body.

49 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Some might say Churchill was a war criminal  for doing what he did.

Both sides strove for a number of months not to deliberately attack civilian targets. It was the fall of France that made the war "a whole new ballgame" and the air war gradually escalated into all out bombing.

4 hours ago, apantherfrommd said:

Terror attacks here are over hyped, a few nutters driving vehicles into crowds of people, other nut jobs running amok with knives. They are tiny isolated incidents, you have more chance of winning £20.000.000 on the lottery than being unfortunate enough to come across a madman wanting to cause pain and panic. Real terror attacks were IRA bombs in the seventies and eighties, even they were few and far between. As for Churchill, he's no hero in my book..

6 hours ago, paplbojo said:

It also might motivate you to keep your government in check. 

Best I can do on that one is make sure I vote, good chance I'll back the loser. Then have to wait another four/five years and do it all over again.  

Anyway, on a lighter note. Forty years ago today I was sitting in a field with 300 000 ish others waiting for Bob Dylan (Eric Clapton too) at Blackbushe Aerodrome, Camberley Surrey in little old England..

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:48 AM, JTM said:

Terror attacks here are over hyped, a few nutters driving vehicles into crowds of people, other nut jobs running amok with knives. They are tiny isolated incidents, you have more chance of winning £20.000.000 on the lottery than being unfortunate enough to come across a madman wanting to cause pain and panic. Real terror attacks were IRA bombs in the seventies and eighties, even they were few and far between. As for Churchill, he's no hero in my book..

Hi JTM. How's it goin', this fine Tuesday, man?

Nor am I big Churchill fan either. I did follow the IRA bombings very closely in the 80's (sidenote).

Anyway. No disrespect meant to you. Your down to earth. The meme picture is not a praise of Churchill so much as it is a comparison of a beholding of a love of London by two different people. Two different attitudes towards it is all. One seems ready to defend her at all costs, and the other ... blasé.

This is from a standpoint from someone who had a father and two brothers that worked for the Pentagon during 9/11 in 2001. Blasé doesn't cut it where there needs to be stronger security, defense, and border protection. I (as a citizen of a great city) would be concerned of the apathy of whom is leading the capital of my home. Where none are concerned or "worried", aye, it may be fine for a fortnight.

This is what an enemy counts on as well. London worries me, because I don't wish any harm to fall upon her. We're in this together. Where we go one, ...

Edited by apantherfrommd

On 7/15/2018 at 1:11 AM, IpMan said:

Fun fact Andy, during the Battle of Britain, the Nazi's were exclusively bombing military targets only, they never hit a civilian center at first. Because of this the UK was quite literally two weeks away from losing the battle and having to capitulate to the Nazi's. Churchill knew he had to pull a rabbit out of a hat however that rabbit had fangs and would eat the English in order to save them. Churchill ordered the bombing of civilian targets in Germany knowing Hitler would retaliate in like which would take the pressure off of the military targets and allow the RAF to rebuild airfields and train new pilots. The strategy worked and saved Britain at the cost of thousands of British civilian lives. It pushed the Luftwaffe to fly much further an expose their pilots to much greater risk which resulted in the virtual destruction of the Luftwaffe's offensive capability.

Some might say Churchill was a war criminal  for doing what he did, however sometimes you must cut off a limb to save the body.

Let's you and I go old school, Man. Take heed. :D 

Do you speak Japanese? I know 3 words (2 of them thanks to this song). My lady can talk me up and down Japanese all over. I dunno why she took Japanese. For the life of me. Why not Arabic?

Hopefully before her 30th in over a year, if we make our way to Japan, she'd get along great with Jonesy. :lol: I dunno what the hell the two of them what would be saying. :lol:

My question to you: Do you speak any Japanese? Wanna go some old school, Bro?

Yes, there's a method to the madness. Church leader of the Libs may say "Don't take the bait!!!", as he cries in stride. Before she gets there, I'd like to ask...

Nah... I'd just say that in reply to your kind post also ...some would also say that dropping two bombs in Japan would also be deemed as a war crime.

If not for that, we may be speaking Japanese.

Peace, my Brother. :D 

Edited by apantherfrommd