Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Tanned teen flesh in Daisy Dukes. God bless the hot days of August.

Lots of those up this way, too. :whistling:

On 8/10/2018 at 1:59 AM, IpMan said:

That would make sense if college was free but it's not. It is expensive as can be in the US plus student loan rates of 8% and compounded interest. Who the hell wants that if they can avoid it. Please forgive if I am mistaken, it's late.

Plenty of people apparently, with Uncle Sam currently backstopping student loans to the tune of $1.5 trillion for over 44 million Americans which averages out to about $34 k debt per student. That's cool if you're majoring in a STEM field which will more than likely get you a high paying job so you can pay it  back.  But those taking fluff majors (social sciences, SJW majors, and most majors that contain the word "studies" or "theories") could have a tough time paying that money back if all you can find is a job flipping burgers once you graduate.  Better off going to junior college and/or trade school which will leave you with much less debt and better job opportunities. College is a way overpriced racket, one of the biggest scams out there today.

what happened in London today?  More fun and games by the bringers of "peace"?

9 hours ago, kipper said:

what happened in London today?  More fun and games by the bringers of "peace"?

Another loan nut job out get his name in "lights". A Sudanese born man 'Salih Khater' with a British passport drove a car (a small Ford Fiesta) into barriers at Westminster London knocking over two cyclists and a pedestrian in the process. No big deal really (except if you were one of those knocked down). Minor incidents like these are blown up way out of proportion, the guy was known to police but not to MI5 (the terrorist hunters).

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I did not know headphones could make a live song "better,"--but I'm listening to Zurich TUF and those fuckin' bass pedals are insane...

:D

Mate, seriously, try all boots with speakers and then with headphones. Good cans (like my Sennheiser Momentum 2) can be a totally different listening experience. Sometimes better with speakers, sometimes cans. I'm not sure what makes what better, but there is definitely a distinction. LTTE for me is better through loud speakers. Stuff like TUF from 1980 - a thousand times better with my headphones on.

On 8/15/2018 at 3:14 AM, JTM said:

Another loan nut job out get his name in "lights". A Sudanese born man 'Salih Khater' with a British passport drove a car (a small Ford Fiesta) into barriers at Westminster London knocking over two cyclists and a pedestrian in the process. No big deal really (except if you were one of those knocked down). Minor incidents like these are blown up way out of proportion, the guy was known to police but not to MI5 (the terrorist hunters).

nothing good comes from sudan

5 minutes ago, ebk said:

I'll never eat again.

That’s how I’m feeling about now... Glad you had a happy birthday! :)  

8 for 8...plus a bonus of 8 more from the “fixer”! Nice day for justice! :thumbsup: 

Bad day for America, overall, though.

Edited by Walter

Random thought for today: Why hasn't someone invented the insulated, suction cup, beer caddie for the shower?

Somebody get on this!

15 hours ago, Walter said:

8 for 8...plus a bonus of 8 more from the “fixer”! Nice day for justice! :thumbsup: 

Bad day for America, overall, though.

Remember that cunt who used an unauthorized private server to conduct classified official government business for FOUR YEARS and never served a day in prison? Glad you care so much more about some schmuck who broke campaign finance laws.     

21 hours ago, Walter said:

Nice day for justice! :thumbsup: 

Great 19 months so far.   Draining the swamp continues! :thumbsup: 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/strzok-joins-list-of-25-top-fbi-doj-officials-who-have-been-recently-fired-demoted-or-resigned_2624607.html

FBI Departures:

James Comey, director (fired)
Andrew McCabe, deputy director (fired)
Peter Strzok, counterintelligence expert (fired)
Lisa Page, attorney (demoted; resigned)
James Rybicki, chief of staff (resigned)
James Baker, general counsel (resigned)
Mike Kortan, assistant director for public affairs (resigned)
Josh Campbell, special assistant to James Comey (resigned)
James Turgal, executive assistant director (resigned)
Greg Bower, assistant director for office of congressional affairs (resigned)
Michael Steinbach, executive assistant director (resigned)
John Giacalone, executive assistant director (resigned)

DOJ Departures:

Sally Yates, deputy attorney general (fired)
Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general (twice demoted)
David Laufman, counterintelligence chief (resigned)
Rachel Brand, deputy attorney general (resigned)
Trisha Beth Anderson, office of legal counsel for FBI (demoted or reassigned)
John P. Carlin, assistant attorney general (resigned)
Peter Kadzik, assistant attorney general, congressional liaison (resigned)
Mary McCord, acting assistant attorney general (resigned)
Matthew Axelrod, principal assistant to deputy attorney general (resigned)
Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney, SDNY (fired along with 45 other U.S. Attorneys)
Sharon McGowan, civil rights division (resigned)
Diana Flynn, litigation director for LGBTQ civil rights (resigned)
Vanita Gupta, civil rights division (resigned)
Joel McElvain, assistant branch director of the civil division (resigned)

Not to mention....

Stock markets at an all-time high. 

Unemployment at near record lows....especially for minorities.

ICE being allowed to do their job and get the illegal aliens out of this country and cracking down on sanctuary cities.

Getting the US out of that joke called the Paris Climate Agreement.

Doing more to stop North Korea's nuke program than the last three Presidents combined and getting back our American citizens held captive there.

Engineered a tax cut that will save money for more than 80% of American households.

Revoked the Education Department's order that public schools allow gender-confused males access to girls' restrooms and locker rooms.

Recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital and repairing the damage the Obama presidency did to US/Israeli relations.

Classic rock stations......

I mean, how many times can you listen to the same songs over and over by Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rush, Tom Petty, The Eagles, ZZ Top, Heart, Styx, etc., etc., etc.

These damned stations (KZOK, Seattle for example) must have the smallest music library on the planet. Or is it all just corporate Payola? 

Thoughts? 

9 hours ago, redrum said:

I mean, how many times can you listen to the same songs over and over by Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rush, Tom Petty, The Eagles, ZZ Top, Heart, Styx, etc., etc., etc.

These damned stations (KZOK, Seattle for example) must have the smallest music library on the planet. Or is it all just corporate Payola? 

Thoughts? 

red,.same thing here https://www.iheart.com/ CBS use to own it (WZLX) great station,droped Sunday Morning Blues(all the old blues artists),no live music,at all! Sounds like early AM radio:smack:

I'd rather listen to YouTube,.....geez!

Edited by Anjin-san

9 hours ago, redrum said:

Thoughts? 

That's why I stopped listening to 'classic rock' radio by the 1990s. Stopped listening to KROQ (alternative-new wave), too. Radio just became a shithole by the '90s.

I supply my own soundtrack to my day at home and work via my album/cd collection or YouTube during my commutes. If I listen to any radio at all, it will be either KUSC 91.5 classical music or KKJZ 88.1 jazz and blues. But that is barely once or twice a week.

Edited by Strider

12 hours ago, redrum said:

Thoughts? 

After having XM for 10 years, the switch back to regular radio was rude as hell for me.  Pete Townsend said it best...."Corporate radio has reduced our play-list to 3 songs".  I laughed out loud the first time I ever listened to the local classic rock station in the morning after dumping satellite.  The same 3 songs I heard 30 years ago...."Barracuda", "Don't Bring Me Down" (UGH !!), and "Life's Been Good"...which I'll actually listen to occasionally.  The only day I ever check in now is Thursday, when they'll play 3 songs in a row by an artist without commercials.  I can quickly determine if I have to hear three in a row from Eddie Money or Foreigner, and change that channel quickly !   Nothing I can't stand more than Eddie Money and Foreigner.  :mad:

The only reason I got rid of XM is because I just don't drive that much anymore to justify having it.