Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

8 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

After having XM for 10 years, the switch back to regular radio was rude as hell for me.  Pete Townsend said it best...."Corporate radio has reduced our play-list to 3 songs".  I laughed out loud the first time I ever listened to the local classic rock station in the morning after dumping satellite.  The same 3 songs I heard 30 years ago...."Barracuda", "Don't Bring Me Down" (UGH !!), and "Life's Been Good"...which I'll actually listen to occasionally.  The only day I ever check in now is Thursday, when they'll play 3 songs in a row by an artist without commercials.  I can quickly determine if I have to hear three in a row from Eddie Money or Foreigner, and change that channel quickly !   Nothing I can't stand more than Eddie Money and Foreigner.  :mad:

The only reason I got rid of XM is because I just don't drive that much anymore to justify having it.

Ahhh, but if you dig deep enough, even Eddie Money has a decent song or two.  Just don't expect to hear them on "classic rock" stations....

14 hours ago, redrum said:

Classic rock stations......

I mean, how many times can you listen to the same songs over and over by Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rush, Tom Petty, The Eagles, ZZ Top, Heart, Styx, etc., etc., etc.

These damned stations (KZOK, Seattle for example) must have the smallest music library on the planet. Or is it all just corporate Payola? 

Thoughts? 

These stations provide a target demographic for advertisers. They couldn't care less about the music. 

Edited by SteveAJones

"And he speaks perfect English !"

Proof he's just another man that hasn't heard a word his wife has said in years.

17 hours ago, redrum said:

Classic rock stations......

I mean, how many times can you listen to the same songs over and over by Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rush, Tom Petty, The Eagles, ZZ Top, Heart, Styx, etc., etc., etc.

These damned stations (KZOK, Seattle for example) must have the smallest music library on the planet. Or is it all just corporate Payola? 

Thoughts? 

FM radio has been breathing it's last breath for about fifteen years now. Remember, stations have to pay royalties for each song. So when the funds drop, the variety drops. That's why we've been listening to Bohemian Rhapsody and Hotel California for a decade now. 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:45 AM, SteveAJones said:

Remember that cunt who used an unauthorized private server to conduct classified official government business for FOUR YEARS and never served a day in prison? Glad you care so much more about some schmuck who broke campaign finance laws.     

You can’t be serious. Trump’s phone alone ends this discussion, not to mention the scrutiny and hearings involved in “oh, but her emails”, etc  

On 8/22/2018 at 2:48 PM, cryingbluerain said:

Great 19 months so far.   Draining the swamp continues! :thumbsup: 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/strzok-joins-list-of-25-top-fbi-doj-officials-who-have-been-recently-fired-demoted-or-resigned_2624607.html

FBI Departures:

James Comey, director (fired)
Andrew McCabe, deputy director (fired)
Peter Strzok, counterintelligence expert (fired)
Lisa Page, attorney (demoted; resigned)
James Rybicki, chief of staff (resigned)
James Baker, general counsel (resigned)
Mike Kortan, assistant director for public affairs (resigned)
Josh Campbell, special assistant to James Comey (resigned)
James Turgal, executive assistant director (resigned)
Greg Bower, assistant director for office of congressional affairs (resigned)
Michael Steinbach, executive assistant director (resigned)
John Giacalone, executive assistant director (resigned)

DOJ Departures:

Sally Yates, deputy attorney general (fired)
Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general (twice demoted)
David Laufman, counterintelligence chief (resigned)
Rachel Brand, deputy attorney general (resigned)
Trisha Beth Anderson, office of legal counsel for FBI (demoted or reassigned)
John P. Carlin, assistant attorney general (resigned)
Peter Kadzik, assistant attorney general, congressional liaison (resigned)
Mary McCord, acting assistant attorney general (resigned)
Matthew Axelrod, principal assistant to deputy attorney general (resigned)
Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney, SDNY (fired along with 45 other U.S. Attorneys)
Sharon McGowan, civil rights division (resigned)
Diana Flynn, litigation director for LGBTQ civil rights (resigned)
Vanita Gupta, civil rights division (resigned)
Joel McElvain, assistant branch director of the civil division (resigned)

Another example of right is wrong, up is down logic...

What does the fact good people (except for Comey) have been fired by a Russian asset or resigned in disgust have to do with the campaign manager  and close friend to potus, being convicted of 8 felonies with 10 others that can still go back to court...and who has another trial about to begin involving his foreign lobbying antics or the personal attorney for many years, boastfully referred to as “the fixer” until recently, admitting guilt of illegally paying off people before an election and acknowledging a “person running for federal office” was a coconspirator and directed the illegal act in order to get elected?  Seriously.  

As far as the length of time on this...been an aweful lot of indictments, and guilty pleas already. Still nowhere near the amount of time spent on HRC, with no indictments and guilty pleas. The hammer is coming soon, Mueller just needs every duck in a row as we now see from Manafort trial. No defense and one person still wouldn’t go along with all levels of logic and convict on every charge. Even trump supporters saw the guilt was obvious.  

When your campaign manager is guilty, campaigner financial officer is guilty, your national security advisor is guilty, your personal attorney is guilty, and it’s documented he’s lied/mislead the public over 4,200 times...how can you not see it? 

As far as the economy, only the rich and invested are feeling the effects and this was started into action waaaay before January of last year. Actually job growth has slowed and the stock market will have to correct itself eventually. Plus real estate has exploded in value again, while wages are stagnet. None of which are sustainable.  We’ve seen this before...

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. I just wanted to answer your post. We’re both still Americans, thick and thin.

Edited by Walter

On 8/22/2018 at 3:05 PM, Stryder1978 said:

Not to mention....

Stock markets at an all-time high. 

Unemployment at near record lows....especially for minorities.

ICE being allowed to do their job and get the illegal aliens out of this country and cracking down on sanctuary cities.

Getting the US out of that joke called the Paris Climate Agreement.

Doing more to stop North Korea's nuke program than the last three Presidents combined and getting back our American citizens held captive there.

Engineered a tax cut that will save money for more than 80% of American households.

Revoked the Education Department's order that public schools allow gender-confused males access to girls' restrooms and locker rooms.

Recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital and repairing the damage the Obama presidency did to US/Israeli relations.

:blink: 

10 hours ago, Strider said:

That's why I stopped listening to 'classic rock' radio by the 1990s. Stopped listening to KROQ (alternative-new wave), too. Radio just became a shithole by the '90s.

I supply my own soundtrack to my day at home and work via my album/cd collection or YouTube during my commutes. If I listen to any radio at all, it will be either KUSC 91.5 classical music or KKJZ 88.1 jazz and blues. But that is barely once or twice a week.

Today was the end for me after hearing Tom Petty and Fleetwood Mac. Good Lord!

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Today was the end for me after hearing Tom Petty and Fleetwood Mac. Good Lord!

What's wrong with Petty and Mac? I think we may be losing sight here on the problem unless I am just misunderstanding. There is nothing wrong with hearing Bohemian Rhapsody, the Chain, American Girl, Shakin, etc. on classic rock radio. The problem is hearing the same damn playlist day in, day out. The stations need to mix it up more, deep tracks as well as the popular tunes, and have a very large, unedited inventory of songs. Just like WXRT had in Chicago back in the day. Of course their format in the 70's and early 80's was frigging unbelievable. Zeppelin one minute, Miles Davis the next followed up with some tasty early Elvis and then on to a Merle Haggard song. Now THAT'S how you do radio. They still have, IMO, one of the best programmers in the biz and still have a very diverse play list. You can stream WXRT live at: player.radio.com 

4 hours ago, Walter said:

Another example of right is wrong, up is down logic...

What does the fact good people (except for Comey) have been fired by a Russian asset or resigned in disgust have to do with the campaign manager  and close friend to potus, being convicted of 8 felonies with 10 others that can still go back to court...and who has another trial about to begin involving his foreign lobbying antics or the personal attorney for many years, boastfully referred to as “the fixer” until recently, admitting guilt of illegally paying off people before an election and acknowledging a “person running for federal office” was a coconspirator and directed the illegal act in order to get elected?  Seriously.  

As far as the length of time on this...been an aweful lot of indictments, and guilty pleas already. Still nowhere near the amount of time spent on HRC, with no indictments and guilty pleas. The hammer is coming soon, Mueller just needs every duck in a row as we now see from Manafort trial. No defense and one person still wouldn’t go along with all levels of logic and convict on every charge. Even trump supporters saw the guilt was obvious.  

When your campaign manager is guilty, campaigner financial officer is guilty, your national security advisor is guilty, your personal attorney is guilty, and it’s documented he’s lied/mislead the public over 4,200 times...how can you not see it? 

As far as the economy, only the rich and invested are feeling the effects and this was started into action waaaay before January of last year. Actually job growth has slowed and the stock market will have to correct itself eventually. Plus real estate has exploded in value again, while wages are stagnet. None of which are sustainable.  We’ve seen this before...

My only response to this leftist myopic gibberish is Mueller is the Deep State hail mary in hopes of a "blue wave" for the mid-terms which ain't gonna happen.
https://deadline.com/2018/08/midterm-elections-blue-wave-looking-doubtful-says-cbs-news-head-pollster-1202448050/
BTW, after 2+ years of investigation where's the evidence of Russian collusion?  Let me know when they find some.

As far as the economy weren't they saying everything was going to crash the night Trump was elected almost 2 years ago?  Oops, wrong again just like PIAPS having a 98% chance of winning. 

Edited by cryingbluerain

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

What's wrong with Petty and Mac? I think we may be losing sight here on the problem unless I am just misunderstanding. There is nothing wrong with hearing Bohemian Rhapsody, the Chain, American Girl, Shakin, etc. on classic rock radio. The problem is hearing the same damn playlist day in, day out. The stations need to mix it up more, deep tracks as well as the popular tunes, and have a very large, unedited inventory of songs. Just like WXRT had in Chicago back in the day. Of course their format in the 70's and early 80's was frigging unbelievable. Zeppelin one minute, Miles Davis the next followed up with some tasty early Elvis and then on to a Merle Haggard song. Now THAT'S how you do radio. They still have, IMO, one of the best programmers in the biz and still have a very diverse play list. You can stream WXRT live at: player.radio.com 

'The problem is hearing the same damn playlist day in, day out.' 

Nothing wrong with the bands except that they play the same damned songs all the time. One time they did a one thousand song countdown over a 3 day weekend and they played some of the best/obscure stuff ever. But after that it was back to the same old songs, which is where they stand now. They must know that what they are doing totally sucks. 

1 hour ago, cryingbluerain said:

My only response to this leftist myopic gibberish is Mueller is the Deep State hail mary in hopes of a "blue wave" for the mid-terms which ain't gonna happen.

As far as the economy weren't they saying everything was going to crash the night Trump was elected almost 2 years ago?  Oops, wrong again just like PIAPS having a 98% chance of winning. 

Exactly and we can leave it at that. Let's keep this shit off the airwaves here -- please? Plenty of other forums for political debate.

On 8/24/2018 at 2:33 AM, cryingbluerain said:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/midterm-elections-blue-wave-looking-doubtful-says-cbs-news-head-pollster-1202448050/
BTW, after 2+ years of investigation where's the evidence of Russian collusion?  Let me know when they find some.

Mueller will be letting you know very soon CBR. Pretty good record already for such a short time span and getting. Stronger with the trump foundation financial officer now in the loop.  That clock is ticking louder than ever...

And to say Robert Mueller is a deep state republican who served this country in war numerous times, pulled his brother soldiers to safety while injured, convicted  mob bosses behind bars and has been a mainstay in American intelligence for years in an unbelievably outrageous statement. 

Not sure what you watch but I never heard the economy was going to crash immediately after he was put into office. Obama’s forward momentum has been too strong to stop, and has been fast forwarded with reckless deregulations  - the same that led to the market bloom of the 2000’s - and tax breaks for the ultra wealthy/corporations that had allowed for stock buy backs to blow up and inflate the market. Inflation is rising quickly and this current state cannot be maintained much longer. Not to mention the moronic tariffs. 

Enjoy the ride.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:05 AM, SteveAJones said:

Exactly and we can leave it at that. Let's keep this shit off the airwaves here -- please? Plenty of other forums for political debate.

Agreed. I wasn’t looking for a flaccid political debate. Just having a random thought...

The last week of summer arrives with the full moon tonight. Did you accomplish everything you wanted to do this summer? I did...except for one thing: Go to Iceland.

Edited by Strider

2 hours ago, Strider said:

The last week of summer arrives with the full moon tonight. Did you accomplish everything you wanted to do this summer? I did...except for one thing: Go to Iceland.

I accomplished many things on my summer list, I installed all new kitchen appliances, which was a challenge since I had to cut the granite countertops with a concrete cutting blade on a Skill saw, I built a 10' x 12' shed in the back yard for my daughter to set up a pottery studio,  the hardest part of that was grading a flat spot since we live on a hill.  However, I did not replace the noisy fans in our bathrooms nor did I repair all of the gutters, I got the really bad ones.  The most important thing that happened was, that during her three week "stay-cation", my wife said, for the first time in her life, "I could retire..."

21 hours ago, Walter said:

Mueller will be letting you know very soon CBR. Pretty good record already for such a short time span and getting. Stronger with the trump foundation financial officer now in the loop.  That clock is ticking louder than ever...

And to say Robert Mueller is a deep state republican who served this country in war numerous times, pulled his brother soldiers to safety while injured, convicted  mob bosses behind bars and has been a mainstay in American intelligence for years in an unbelievably outrageous statement. 

Not sure what you watch but I never heard the economy was going to crash immediately after he was put into office. Obama’s forward momentum has been too strong to stop, and has been fast forwarded with reckless deregulations  - the same that led to the market bloom of the 2000’s - and tax breaks for the ultra wealthy/corporations that had allowed for stock buy backs to blow up and inflate the market. Inflation is rising quickly and this current state cannot be maintained much longer. Not to mention the moronic tariffs. 

Enjoy the ride.

if the clock doesnt tick your way again this time Walter, are you going to cry and moan like you did two years ago?

Anyone, even somebody like me who was liberal my whole life could see how rotten HRC was to the core. Worst kind of lying humans who ever ran for president. She is an evil "c-word" as others have already said.  She was AGAINST gay marriage until she was for it.  Trump has never been anti gay, most business people aren't because it doesnt make sense. But Hillary, her husband and even Obama lied about stuff to get elected and only when they thought they were safe felt like standing up for gay people. Lying hippocrite loser just like the people who believe HRC was better than Trump.

Losers!

15 hours ago, Strider said:

I can't travel, which disappoints me. The neighbors wife is from Iceland. Would also love to build a bomb shelter/soundproof room for the drums with air conditioning and heat. The garage doesn't really cut it. I now have 4 snare drums. :)

They've made another pointless stupid remake. This time it is "Papillon".

FFS. You're not going to improve on the Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman version. Oh wait...I bet they made the characters lovers this time for the LGBT crowd.

Idiots.

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

They've made another pointless stupid remake. This time it is "Papillon".

FFS. You're not going to improve on the Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman version. Oh wait...I bet they made the characters lovers this time for the LGBT crowd.

Idiots.

:goodpost:

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Classic Rock was ruined years ago--totally gave up on it; better to try buying the albums or hitting up Youtube...

They seem to be stuck in the 80's. Plus, they're as over-commercialized as AM. 

22 hours ago, chef free said:

Hollywood has seemed to be out of original ideas for a while now...

It's all about super hero's.