Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Did the Tour de France happen this year?

It's amazing how far off the map it's fallen after the Lance Armstrong years. I used to watch every year after falling in love with it while I was in Europe in the 1980s. But after Lance and all the doping, I stopped watching.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Did the Tour de France happen this year?

It's amazing how far off the map it's fallen after the Lance Armstrong years. I used to watch every year after falling in love with it while I was in Europe in the 1980s. But after Lance and all the doping, I stopped watching.

It did.  Some guy from Wales won.  That's all I got.

9 hours ago, ebk said:

It did.  Some guy from Wales won.  That's all I got.

Geraint Thomas was the Welsh guy who won. You wouldn't have heard of him as he isn't a) A cheat or b) An American

5 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Geraint Thomas was the Welsh guy who won. You wouldn't have heard of him as he isn't a) A cheat or b) An American

Good on Wales, then. Magic Fills the Air will be happy at that news.

13 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

or c ) competes in a sport I actually care about :)

I heard about Mr. Thomas on NPR and BBC radio.  I thought it was cool that he was the first (?) Welshman in either forever or a long time to win. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2018/09/02/paul-mccartney-god-psychedelic-drug-trip/37696609/

I never saw or met God, but I did watch my 1973 Cutlass Supreme fold up into a little matchbox car.  Also watched the snow snakes on the road turn different colors as they passed by....and we weren't moving.  Everyone else in the car kept telling me to drive...I said no way !  We're rolling as it is.  A friend and I ended up listening to 7 album sides in a row courtesy of WABX....a weekly Sunday night show called "The 7th Day".  I can still conjure up memories of that night every time I hear, "After the Goldrush".  Ah drug memories.    

5 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/people/2018/09/02/paul-mccartney-god-psychedelic-drug-trip/37696609/

I never saw or met God, but I did watch my 1973 Cutlass Supreme fold up into a little matchbox car.  Also watched the snow snakes on the road turn different colors as they passed by....and we weren't moving.  Everyone else in the car kept telling me to drive...I said no way !  We're rolling as it is.  A friend and I ended up listening to 7 album sides in a row courtesy of WABX....a weekly Sunday night show called "The 7th Day".  I can still conjure up memories of that night every time I hear, "After the Goldrush".  Ah drug memories.    

I "met" God like that once.  To me it was much more like the biblical "small, still voice" and it was obvious "who" it was.  We kinda had it out, I wanted to know what the hell was up with all this evil I see!  I was told "My plans are unfolding as is my will, no doubt."  Upon my protests that that was a bunch of bullshit, I was told that my perspective was too small to see the big picture. I demanded to know "then what should we do?!?!  I was told that you must have faith... 

Edited by chef free

Super troll is outdoing himself. Fuck me what an absolute asshole. I have read some exchanges on here that get heated, and sometimes pretty nasty. I've heard political argument or comments that are laughable/sad/ignorant/etc (not just that I hold a different view about).

I would however have no problem at all personally meeting up with anyone on here for a beer and a chat. :drinks: Differing views, even when they escalate to nastiness, is fine, we are all human. I imagine we all could engage in great conversations in person should the chance ever arise, even those that generally don't have time for others. Not problem at all as there is an underlying respect which allows me to consider posts or views that I read and think well that's a bit shit. I'm sure it's the same with most others.

But there is that one ugly as fuck troll..... Fair-dinkum, what a grub.

don't bother asking me what post/who i am referring to, it is not important this continue, just my "random thought".

Frikkin' EBAY.......Frikkin Fed-Ex.

I get a notice on Tuesday that my package is at the Walgreen's Fed-Ex drop off. I go there and they say: sorry, no package. Now an EBAY glitch won't let me do the tracking number. WTF??? This really ticks me off. I contacted the seller to see if he can do anything.

41 minutes ago, redrum said:

Frikkin' EBAY.......Frikkin Fed-Ex.

I get a notice on Tuesday that my package is at the Walgreen's Fed-Ex drop off. I go there and they say: sorry, no package. Now an EBAY glitch won't let me do the tracking number. WTF??? This really ticks me off. I contacted the seller to see if he can do anything.

I hope this isn't that snare drum you just bought. Hate to think it got lost in the mail.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

I hope this isn't that snare drum you just bought. Hate to think it got lost in the mail.

It is. For some reason they're returning it to the seller. This crap drives me crazy.

Senator Booker reminds me of this guy

Booker-Kavanaugh.png

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, chef free said:

Hollywood has seemed to be out of original ideas for a while now...

Why?

I just saw a trailer for another Halloween movie. With Jamie Lee Curtis!

Didn't she get stabbed in the neck and get thrown off a building when she was like 51 years young in the last Halloween?

I guess the movie didn't show where she landed atop of a garbage truck full of bandages, gauze pads, and chloroform and peroxide.

Are there no good script writers left in Hollywood? Or is Hollywood just dead? 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, kipper said:

Senator Booker reminds me of this guy

Booker-Kavanaugh.png

Hey Kipper. I can't wait to say Happy Yom Kippur, Kipper one of these days. :lol: Who's Sen Booker? 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, cryingbluerain said:

Great 19 months so far.   Draining the swamp continues! :thumbsup: 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/strzok-joins-list-of-25-top-fbi-doj-officials-who-have-been-recently-fired-demoted-or-resigned_2624607.html

FBI Departures:

James Comey, director (fired)
Andrew McCabe, deputy director (fired)
Peter Strzok, counterintelligence expert (fired)
Lisa Page, attorney (demoted; resigned)
James Rybicki, chief of staff (resigned)
James Baker, general counsel (resigned)
Mike Kortan, assistant director for public affairs (resigned)
Josh Campbell, special assistant to James Comey (resigned)
James Turgal, executive assistant director (resigned)
Greg Bower, assistant director for office of congressional affairs (resigned)
Michael Steinbach, executive assistant director (resigned)
John Giacalone, executive assistant director (resigned)

DOJ Departures:

Sally Yates, deputy attorney general (fired)
Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general (twice demoted)
David Laufman, counterintelligence chief (resigned)
Rachel Brand, deputy attorney general (resigned)
Trisha Beth Anderson, office of legal counsel for FBI (demoted or reassigned)
John P. Carlin, assistant attorney general (resigned)
Peter Kadzik, assistant attorney general, congressional liaison (resigned)
Mary McCord, acting assistant attorney general (resigned)
Matthew Axelrod, principal assistant to deputy attorney general (resigned)
Preet Bharara, U.S. attorney, SDNY (fired along with 45 other U.S. Attorneys)
Sharon McGowan, civil rights division (resigned)
Diana Flynn, litigation director for LGBTQ civil rights (resigned)
Vanita Gupta, civil rights division (resigned)
Joel McElvain, assistant branch director of the civil division (resigned)

Deep-state-2-600x433.jpg

How's it going CBR? Like a clock. Not sure what Florida Swampholer is talking about. Sessions fired McCabe. Deep state is going down the drain. 

UPDATED - For instance. Lisa Page? Her teeth were like John Elway's. Fine in the prime. :lol: But too much like a horse after the math. I wouldn't do dat. Nah. My country is more important than John Elway's sister, Dammit!

Now P. Strzok would... send her a phone text depart, sadly saying :Uhhhh. Hey Babuh... Here's a Sugarcube... You've got some sweet gums babe.

But My Cherie Amour...Just Remember the Rollz and Romps we had, Babe. Ahhh, that night, in Dupont Circle - where we went 'round and 'round like squirrelza on a treeza. I may be fired now, and married and having "make-up sex" but still thinkin' of youza.

Sleeza, Leeza, Mona Lisa, C'mupo and squeeze me sometime. It was real, babe. 

Damn, I'm Smooth Pete Strok with a Z    Bye Leeza -

PS - Call me sometime when the wind don't splitcha

Anyway________________________________________________ Updated

FBI

Jim Rybicki, chief of staff and senior counselor - FIRED

James Baker, general counsel - FIRED

Andrew McCabe, deputy director - FIRED

James Comey - FIRED

Bill Priestap, Head of Counterintelligence and Strzok's boss - Cooperating Witness [power removed].

Lisa Page, attorney with the FBI's Office of the General Counsel - FIRED

Mike Kortan, FBI Assistant Director for Public Affairs - FIRED (cooperating under 'resigned' title)

Josh Campbell, Special Assistant Director to James Comey - FIRED

DOJ

David Laufman, Chief of the Justice - Department's Counterintelligence and Export Control Section (NAT SEC - HRC email invest) - FIRED/FORCE

John Carlin, Assistant Attorney General & Acting Attorney General - Head of DOJ's National Security Division - FIRED/FORCE

Sally Yates, Deputy Attorney General & Acting Attorney General - FIRED

Marty McCord, Acting Assistant Attorney General - Acting Head of DOJ's National Security Division - FIRED/FORCE

Bruce Ohr, Associate Deputy Attorney General - Demoted 2x - cooperating witness ((power removed)

Rachel Brand, Associate Attorney General - #3 offical behind Deputy AG Rosenstein - FIRED/FORCE

Edited by apantherfrommd
colors

I do not want to start a new topic about this so I chose this topic.  I am faced with a dilemma:

I reside in Plano, Texas.  The 69th largest city in the United States of America.  

Robert Plant is playing in Irving, Texas on September 25, 2018.  The next day, Ozzy Osbourne is playing at a different venue in Dallas, Texas.  I have the means to go to both shows but I cannot decide if I have the stamina to attend both shows, back to back.  (I have done this many times in the past but I am going on 48 years).  I am still young and full of vigor but I also drink and need good sleep.

Obviously, Led Zeppelin is My favorite band but Robert Plant is now more into folksy renditions of Led Zeppelin songs.  I have seen Ozzy Osbourne (and Black Sabbath) numerous times over the years. 

Bottom line:  Robert and folksy Led Zeppelin or Ozzy Osbourne and heavy metal Black Sabbath?

Edited by kingzoso

57 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I do not want to start a new topic about this so I chose this topic.  I am faced with a dilemma:

I reside in Plano, Texas.  The 69th largest city in the United States of America.  

Robert Plant is playing in Irving, Texas on September 25, 2018.  The next day, Ozzy Osbourne is playing at a different venue in Dallas, Texas.  I have the means to go to both shows but I cannot decide if I have the stamina to attend both shows, back to back.  (I have done this many times in the past but I am going on 48 years).  I am still young and full of vigor but I also drink and need good sleep.

Obviously, Led Zeppelin is My favorite band but Robert Plant is now more into folksy renditions of Led Zeppelin songs.  I have seen Ozzy Osbourne (and Black Sabbath) numerous times over the years. 

Bottom line:  Robert and folksy Led Zeppelin or Ozzy Osbourne and heavy metal Black Sabbath?

Isn't it Plant who comes around less than Ozzy has in one form or another in the last decade? For that reason I'd say you should go see Plant.

1 hour ago, kingzoso said:

Either don't drink as much at the Plant show the first night or just go see Ozzy. For one thing, it's Ozzy's last tour. For another, Zakk Wylde is a monster guitarist.

31 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Isn't it Plant who comes around less than Ozzy has in one form or another in the last decade? For that reason I'd say you should go see Plant.

This is Ozzy's last tour. 

^^Wow, that's right, his last tour, and with Zakk Wylde back on guitar too that's right.