Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

This is pretty cool. Of course "getting ready" could be hundreds of thousands of years as we are talking universe time, not human time.

The size of that thing to. Jeeeeeeeeeez.............

Along with Hale-Bopp, that would be something to see. halebopp.jpg

28 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kristen-bell-voices-concern-about-message-snow-white-sends-to-daughters

So what's next ?  Sexual assault charges for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation ?  

Good grief, that's crazy, the world is turning puritanical. Next thing you know Banter will become a hate crime. Snowflakism is apparently  virulently infectious, were living in a world of wusses.

Now we have this.  "Kleenex Bins Mansize "  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45899784  

Edited by JTM

4 hours ago, JTM said:

Good grief, that's crazy, the world is turning puritanical. Next thing you know Banter will become a hate crime. Snowflakism is apparently  virulently infectious, were living in a world of wusses.

I dont think puritanism is behind this. Its just more of the me too victim thing for women.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

I dont think puritanism is behind this. Its just more of the me too victim thing for women.

You know who is behind this? White Nationalists that's who. Those degenerates are formenting this nonsense and once the revolution starts, the only ones left will be them horny white militia dudes mouth to mouthing all over the place. They are thinning the heard I tell ya! Remnants of Manson.

Those clever rednecks. Of course this was all foretold by the great Bosephus in his song Country Boy's Can Survive. Don't say we were not warned.

Country Boy's Can Survive

I'd love to spit some beech nut in that dude's eyes and shoot him with my old .45........

20 hours ago, JTM said:

Yep.

So what do you do when you have new neighbors who purposely move two nights consecutively after Midnight, consistently do wash loads at 3am, play Kanye West trash until the Sun rises, and basically have no consideration for others ?  Oh that's easy !  You wait until they go to bed at 5am and then at 7am,  you wake up and immediately put on some early Bob Dylan at maximum volume right next to their bedroom wall where they sleep....or try to.  Because everyone knows Kanye fans LOVE to hear them some early Dylan in the morning !    

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

So what do you do when you have new neighbors who purposely move two nights consecutively after Midnight, consistently do wash loads at 3am, play Kanye West trash until the Sun rises, and basically have no consideration for others ?  Oh that's easy !  You wait until they go to bed at 5am and then at 7am,  you wake up and immediately put on some early Bob Dylan at maximum volume right next to their bedroom wall where they sleep....or try to.  Because everyone knows Kanye fans LOVE to hear them some early Dylan in the morning !    

AWESOME!  I had some college kids renting across the street and I treated them to Marshall-induced feedback through my front window every ten minutes for 2 hours.  When they groggily stepped outside their front door to see what the noise was - I stopped.  I HATE inconsiderate jerks! 

7 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Crank some Beck to those Kanye deplorables... "One Foot in the Grave"' "Jackass", "Asshole", "Guero", "Truckdrivin' Neighbors Downstairs", etc.

My all-time go-to album for annoying neighbors is Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" of course.

Edited by Strider

On 10/18/2018 at 6:49 PM, kipper said:

It's only a matter of time until making innocent, lust-free eye contact is categorised as a Hate Crime.

Recently, to prepare for this, I've been practising by taking a couple of mirrors with me whenever I go out - small ones, easily concealable in my palms - to facilitate the surreptitious scrutiny of attractive women. Trouble is, when you know nobody's aware of what you're doing, the tendency is to take things to the extreme...not that I'm claiming to have invented 'up-skirting', you understand...but if this is how (and why) it got started, well, the fem-flakes have only themselves to blame. 

4 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Not Led Zep? Did it work?

15 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

Not Led Zep? Did it work?

at my last apartment I had a really obnoxious neighbor like those. I tried talking to them but they were very unreasonable and their son threatened to beat me up if I complained again to the landlord. they were very selfish about the laundry room too and would leave their laundry in the 3 washers for many many hours, sometimes all day and night instead of taking it out so other people could use the washer. After one loud party I was so distraught and angry that I waited two weeks until the next time they left their laundry in the washer and I collected it all in trash bags and threw their laundry in a dumpster around the corner.

6 minutes ago, kipper said:

at my last apartment I had a really obnoxious neighbor like those. I tried talking to them but they were very unreasonable and their son threatened to beat me up if I complained again to the landlord. they were very selfish about the laundry room too and would leave their laundry in the 3 washers for many many hours, sometimes all day and night instead of taking it out so other people could use the washer. After one loud party I was so distraught and angry that I waited two weeks until the next time they left their laundry in the washer and I collected it all in trash bags and threw their laundry in a dumpster around the corner. 

I swore I would rather be dead than live in another apartment building.

2 minutes ago, redrum said:

it can be okay if most of the residents are older people. Younger people are the worst offenders

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Agreed. My last one was when I was 20. Can’t underarsnd why someone would want to pay another’s mortgage and have nothing to show for it!  :wacko:

13 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Try this if possible. Many years ago, I had an inconsiderate neighbor who would blast their stereo. One Sunday morning I decided I had enough. I located the main fuse box for their apartment, cut off all the power with one pull then immediately restored all the power with another pull. I am confident this power interruption/surge sequence fried their stereo as I never heard it again. True story.     

9 hours ago, Bron-y-con said:

It's only a matter of time until making innocent, lust-free eye contact is categorised as a Hate Crime.

Staring already constitutes sexual harassment.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Can’t underarsnd why someone would want to pay another’s mortgage and have nothing to show for it!  :wacko:

People live where they can afford to live.  Some people can only afford to rent a small apartment like me. Other people can afford to rent beautiful penthouses in Manhattan. And some people can afford to own the apartment building.

Some people can afford a modest middle class home in a suburb in a nice neighborhood. And then some other people can only afford houses in swampland and hurricane shitholes places and think they are better than other people.

For me to afford a house it would take two incomes and I like being single. At least I dont act like a dick about it, so I like how things are.

I'm in a condo.  There's a lot to be said for staring out your window in the morning with a cup of coffee watching others plow and shovel snow.  I was responsible for coordinating that activity at a large institution for 20 years, so having snow responsibilities at home held no appeal.   I have shared walls on either side.  That's never been a problem either, and it keeps the Winter heating bill crazily low.  However their subwoofer could penetrate the Earth's mantle, let alone a shared wall.  Same with his auto.  He was out cleaning his car at least 50 feet away from the building, and my windows were rattling and vibrating while I'm watching Sunday football.   After an hour, I eventually threw open the window and yelled, "Hey !!…..Can you hear my TV ?"  He was a little freaked, looked up at me and said, "No".  I replied, "That's funny....NEITHER CAN I !!"    He immediately turned it down, but I've got a feeling my new nickname is Crankshaft as opposed to Bong-Man.    

Edited by Bong-Man