Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

On 11/12/2018 at 3:54 AM, paplbojo said:

The Supraphonic sounds great, as usual. :)

Just saw for the first time the as seen on tv commercial for the "tac camera". I guess it's practical but it just seems like paranoid devices made for a paranoid world.  It makes me paranoid. What a paranoid world we live in nowadays.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHxD1x1ftE

Edited by luvlz2

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Just saw for the first time the as seen on tv commercial for the "tac camera". I guess it's practical but it just seems like paranoid devices made for a paranoid world.  It makes me paranoid. What a paranoid world we live in nowadays.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHxD1x1ftE

'Big Brother' is everywhere.

6 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Jesus, who are they targeting with those ads? It's actually embarrassing to watch. more cheese than an 80's sitcom. I take it these ads are only on at 3am?

11 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

You haven't lived until you've been followed by a drone on your run/hike through the park.

13 hours ago, redrum said:

'Big Brother' is everywhere.

😀 Definitely!

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Jesus, who are they targeting with those ads? It's actually embarrassing to watch. more cheese than an 80's sitcom. I take it these ads are only on at 3am?

I've seen their commercials on different channels all times of the day/night, but I think I see them the most on rerun channels. They keep coming up with new stuff too it cracks me up. They have the tac lighter, the tac light, the tac zoom and more, all boasting military grade/tough type of stuff. It is kind of cheesy! 😀

4 hours ago, Strider said:

You haven't lived until you've been followed by a drone on your run/hike through the park.

I definitely believe that! Although I know your statement is definitely serious you made me laugh with it and thanks I needed the laugh!. 😀

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

'Twas the witch of November came early.

10 hours ago, Ross62 said:

'Twas the witch of November came early.

It's been a mild November here so far, but I know that can change in a heartbeat.

5 hours ago, redrum said:

It's been a mild November here so far, but I know that can change in a heartbeat.

I was quoting a line from "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" which strangely suits the weather too.

It should be much hotter here by now but we're in a cold snap that saw me light a fire last night.

I'm not complaining 🙂

Well, something a bit creepy happened today.

I have always loved Queen's album Innuendo, but I was struggling to find it at a decent price.

About two weeks ago, I finally hit the jackpot and placed the order.

Long story short, the package reached me today on the 27th anniversary of Freddie's death! :mellow:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

I just saw the best college football game of my life! LSU vs Texas A&M,  Texas prevailed 74 to 72 AFTER SEVEN OVERTIMES WITH SCORING IN EVERY OVERTIME!!!

On 11/23/2018 at 5:51 PM, Ross62 said:

I was quoting a line from "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" which strangely suits the weather too.

It should be much hotter here by now but we're in a cold snap that saw me light a fire last night.

I'm not complaining 🙂

Love that song. Saw Gordon twice back in the 80's. We had front row seats the first time.

8 hours ago, chef free said:

I just saw the best college football game of my life! LSU vs Texas A&M,  Texas prevailed 74 to 72 AFTER SEVEN OVERTIMES WITH SCORING IN EVERY OVERTIME!!!

Shit, I missed that one! Sounds like an insane game! 

"what is worse. A man with tiny penis or a woman with a gigantic vagina?"

LOL

this was written on the back of the bus seat this morning. The things people obsess over..

1 hour ago, kipper said:

"what is worse. A man with tiny penis or a woman with a gigantic vagina?"

LOL

this was written on the back of the bus seat this morning. The things people obsess over..

I know, a man with a tiny penis married to a woman with a giant vagina.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

woman with a gigantic vagina

LOL

Sounds like a 50's horror movie. Bathroom stalls and porta potties. Great inspiration for writers.

Mulling on whether to spring for tickets for the Stones in Seattle next May. Nose bleed seats most likely.

3 hours ago, redrum said:

Mulling on whether to spring for tickets for the Stones in Seattle next May. Nose bleed seats most likely.

Buy your tickets for this tour on the day of the show. The main floor is grossly overpriced. This summer I bought a 500 euro ticket in Berlin for 250 euros about 30 minutes before show time. It put me in the sixth row past the pit, dead center about ten feet from the B stage. A great seat but I'd never pay 500 euros for it.    

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Buy your tickets for this tour on the day of the show. The main floor is grossly overpriced. This summer I bought a 500 euro ticket in Berlin for 250 euros about 30 minutes before show time. It put me in the sixth row past the pit, dead center about ten feet from the B stage. A great seat but I'd never pay 500 euros for it.    

I'm just afraid it will sell out by then.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:23 AM, redrum said:

I'm just afraid it will sell out by then.

If I can get a 6th row BERLIN ticket 30 minutes prior to start at half face value, as I did, there is no such thing as a sold out Rolling Stones show anymore. This is because the tickets are grossly overpriced so the brokers and the scalpers always end up having to dump them the day of the show. Actually, I took this approach at various locations in 2014 and 2006 for The Rolling Stones and had similar success every time. I never had to pay above face value and I always got great seats.