Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

10 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Your moronic rant shows you know nothing of the guns laws that are in place but not enforced.

Quite the broad brush he uses and lots of insults.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Bong-Man said:

I would have to vote for an infected tooth.  Only happened once, but WHOA !

Yup. Me once too and it was rough.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Ever had a Tequila hangover? I swear it was worse that when i rode my Scooter into a parked vehicle, smashing my Patella and dislocating my shoulder. I have never touched or even smelt the foul Mexican shite since ( i was 21 years old)

Tequila is a trip all to itself. Crazy shit during and after use! 🤪

On 3/15/2019 at 9:35 PM, Strider said:

I'm sorry New Zealand. You deserve better.

Absolutely. This upswing in white nationalist aggression needs to be stomped out. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, Strider said:

California has spent the last 11 years trying to build a high-speed bullet train from San Francisco to Los Angeles. $100 billion later and it is still not finished and now it won't even reach either San Francisco or Los Angeles. A bullet train to nowhere.

100 billion dollars could have built 20 walls, but then where would all their future voters come from?

On 3/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, Walter said:

With a Russian asset in the Oval Office and half of Congress protecting him, it’s not gonna change - at least for a little while...

Are you still whining about that?  You are like a broken chatty Kathy doll.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

A retarded monkey would be better than what we currently ha...wait a minute. Crap, that is exactly what we currently have. Ok, a half-witted pigeon would be better. There ya go.

BTW ever notice how animals HATE Trump? It's weird but the few times Trump has been in the presence of an animal it either runs away or tries to attack (remember the eagle). Animals have very good sense of a person. Also explains why Mr. Cheeto does not have a pet.

Are you saying animals loved Obama?

I wonder why?

On 3/15/2019 at 6:35 PM, Strider said:

I'm sorry New Zealand. You deserve better.

A single unhinged crazy person is really hard to defend against. Thank got it wasn't a large organized group like 9/11 or it would have been much worse.

13 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Why is it you right wingers automatic default is insult? I wonder why that is. As soon as you insult, you have lost the argument.

Fact is, whether there are laws not being enforced or a lack of laws is not relevant, what is relevant is nothing is being done. Understand? You see, I do not hunt, I don not live in the 18th century, and I am not a scared pussy thus there is no reason for me to own a gun. You want to own a gun great, have at it chief but it needs to be regulated and laws need to be put in place and followed.

Now let's see if you can comment without an insult attached.

I'm your Huckleberry.

First, comparing the US to New Zealand is apples to oranges. Second, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

Third, the Newton, Connecticut shooter broke 41 laws. I'm to believe the 42nd law may have stopped him?

Finally, the Second Amendment does not mention hunting. 

Posted (edited)

Was driving and listening to the local classic rock station, when "Money for Nothing" came on.  They beeped out the word 'faggot' 3 times.  I'm thinking, come on man !  Why that little faggot is a millionaire !!

Edited by Bong-Man

12 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Was driving and listening to the local classic rock station, when "Money for Nothing" came on.  They beeped out the word 'faggot' 3 times.  I'm thinking, come on man !  Why that little faggot is a millionaire !!

There's a classic rock station in Denver that does the same thing (103.5 The Fox)!  I don't listen to that station anymore!!  Total PC nonsense!

14 hours ago, kipper said:

Are you saying animals loved Obama?

I wonder why?

Maybe because he was not an asshole?

13 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I'm your Huckleberry.

First, comparing the US to New Zealand is apples to oranges. Second, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

Third, the Newton, Connecticut shooter broke 41 laws. I'm to believe the 42nd law may have stopped him?

Finally, the Second Amendment does not mention hunting. 

But of course, that old chestnut, comparing ANY country to the US is apples to oranges right? We are one big, unique little snowflake of superiority compared to the rest of the world. Right. Regarding that Bill of Rights thing, why are the other amendments, such as the 1st for example, open to interpretation and revision (Trumps own words) however ONLY the 2nd is sacrosanct? Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, & Jay (the writers of the constitution) all believed a Continental Congress should be assembled every 19 years to make revisions and edits to the constitution as they knew the document ONLY represented what was going on in late 18th century America and not for all time.

The Constitution is not holy writ (even holy writ is not holy writ but that is another discussion), it is a flawed document written by flawed men during a very flawed period of time. The document needs updates to reflect 21st century society. Case in point: election process. We are an industrial society, not agrarian, election day should be either a holiday or a Saturday. Electoral College, no longer needed as of 1861 with the start of the Civil War as the ONLY reason for the electoral college was to give the slave states greater weight of vote so they would join the Union. No more slaves, no more need for electoral college.

And on and on and on.

I do like how you quoted old Doc Holiday (or rather Val Kilmer) though. Loved Val's performance but extremely inaccurate. More of a daisy, as in pushing up, than a huckleberry but, semantics.

I cannot imagine what its going to be like 30-40 years from now when I think of 30-40 years ago. So incredibly fundamentally different. Will be interesting to see where we head.

Hopefully the world will have a bucket of cold water thrown on it and come to it's senses somewhat and progress to a better place than what we seem to be in.

Where if you want to really know about something you seek answers from knowledgeable people like academics, scientists, or acknowledged experts in the field.

Where opinions are discussed, but basic truth is not up for debate but accepted. (the world actually is round! who knew!!!)

Where communication and interaction somewhat goes back to people directly talking with all the politeness, nuance, body language, and reasonableness that that interaction brings. You know, where there is so much more civility.

Where everything is not about clicks and advertising revenues or marketing angles.

5 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Regarding that Bill of Rights thing, why are the other amendments, such as the 1st for example, open to interpretation and revision (Trumps own words) however ONLY the 2nd is sacrosanct? 

The Constitution is not holy writ (even holy writ is not holy writ but that is another discussion), it is a flawed document written by flawed men during a very flawed period of time. The document needs updates to reflect 21st century society. Case in point: election process. We are an industrial society, not agrarian, election day should be either a holiday or a Saturday. Electoral College, no longer needed as of 1861 with the start of the Civil War as the ONLY reason for the electoral college was to give the slave states greater weight of vote so they would join the Union. No more slaves, no more need for electoral college.

And on and on and on.

I do like how you quoted old Doc Holiday (or rather Val Kilmer) though. Loved Val's performance but extremely inaccurate. More of a daisy, as in pushing up, than a huckleberry but, semantics.

You couldn't be more...misguided...if you tried. The Second Amendment is sacrosanct because history shows that without it all of the other rights are placed at grave risk of tyranny.

Let's not get into the Electoral College. Firstly, because you don't seem to understand it and secondly because without it CA & NY would dictate the political direction of the country.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

CA & NY would dictate the political direction of the country.

Oh, they try so hard. Both states are run by Nazi's.

7 hours ago, redrum said:

Oh, they try so hard. Both states are run by Nazi's.

Both states are locking people up in secret camps, without any oversight or regulation, and the whereabouts of children, etc are unknown? Yes, sadly that is taking place in our country once again but it’s not the states of  New York or California doing it...

As far as the Electoral College - it’s been an outdated system for centuries. It’s abolishment would mean the exact opposite than large states having more power - every vote would finally matter and not just the majority from a particular state. And people from traditionally leaning states could actually feel like their vote matters and not just a blip on the losing side of a predetermined outcome. So the almost 90 electoral votes for California and New York wouldn’t be automatic as they have been in recent presidential elections and people in West Virginia, Alabama, etc who know their votes don’t matter might now come out to vote. And yes, Election Day should be a national holiday for working people to be able to easily wait in the long lines to vote. More people voting is a good thing and not a “power grab” as some would like people to believe. 

9 minutes ago, Walter said:

Both states are locking people up in secret camps, without any oversight or regulation, and the whereabouts of children, etc are unknown? Yes, sadly that is taking place in our country once again but it’s not the states of  New York or California doing it...

As far as the Electoral College - it’s been an outdated system for centuries. It’s abolishment would mean the exact opposite than large states having more power - every vote would finally matter and not just the majority from a particular state. And people from traditionally leaning states could actually feel like their vote matters and not just a blip on the losing side of a predetermined outcome. So the almost 90 electoral votes for California and New York wouldn’t be automatic as they have been in recent presidential elections and people in West Virginia, Alabama, etc who know their votes don’t matter might now come out to vote. And yes, Election Day should be a national holiday for working people to be able to easily wait in the long lines to vote. More people voting is a good thing and not a “power grab” as some would like people to believe. 

Rarely have I read something on here so out of touch with reality.

1 minute ago, Stryder1978 said:

Really? What so?

14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

You couldn't be more...misguided...if you tried. The Second Amendment is sacrosanct because history shows that without it all of the other rights are placed at grave risk of tyranny.

Let's not get into the Electoral College. Firstly, because you don't seem to understand it and secondly because without it CA & NY would dictate the political direction of the country.

So the new normal is, "fake news, you could not be more misguided, etc." By stating such does not magically make it so. Everything I said is 100% factual, it's not like the authors of the Constitution and Federalist & Anti-Federalist Papers were mute on this, they wrote at length regarding meaning, intent, etc. yet you and people like you simply ignore the facts and decide your feelings on the subject hold more weight than the actual facts. This is absurd and why we can no longer have meaningful debate in this country. When one person or group reverts to magical thinking as legitimate argument and discounts easily researchable facts in favor of fantasy, we are collectively screwed.

Welcome to the new normal, welcome to Trump's America. Don't get me wrong, Trump did not start this fire, however he sure as hell poured and continues to pour gasoline all over the damn thing.

5 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Your response reminds me of a teenage boy who after his parents explain why the way he does things is wrong, simply say, "Maaaaaaammmm, you don't have a clue, you are soooo out of touch with reality."

Great rebuttal, Socrates would be proud

What the US does not need is to abolish the Electoral College so that every four year we only get a DEMONcRAT President elected by air-headed liberals from Cali and New York, illegal aliens and 16-year old indoctrinated pimple poppers.   

On 3/15/2019 at 4:31 AM, rm2551 said:

Well you're GONNA know.

A hangover from a vodka drinking session. After the second one, I have not had more than a single vodka at a time - EVER. It literally feels like someone has embedded a large axe in my skull. I was wishing for death. It lasted for between 1-2 hours but felt like an eternity.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Ever had a Tequila hangover? I swear it was worse that when i rode my Scooter into a parked vehicle, smashing my Patella and dislocating my shoulder. I have never touched or even smelt the foul Mexican shite since ( i was 21 years old)

On 3/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Vodka is the purest of most 80+ alcohol and has less toxins than than whiskey, bourbon, or scotch. It's actually the best hangover you'll have. 1-2 hour hangover? LOL.

My vote goes for severe food poisoning. Absolutely the worst pain I've ever felt. Like someone poured gas in my stomach and flicked in a match.

I have had a few hangovers (from all kinds of booze...beer, whiskey, tequila, rum, gin, vodka) but none of them were painful to me. Certainly not as painful as brain-freeze. Plus, back in 1982 an army buddy taught me a trick that eliminated hangovers for the rest of my life. Before drinking take a Vitamin B12 and C tablet. Take another B12 and C tablet during your drinking and once more before you go to bed. Voilá! No hangover in the morning.

I don't drink like Bonham anymore so hangovers are no longer a risk in my life.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:43 AM, Bong-Man said:

I would have to vote for an infected tooth.  Only happened once, but WHOA !

Something I have never experienced...never had a root canal or anything like that. I hear people say it is quite painful.

28 minutes ago, Strider said:

Before drinking take a Vitamin B12 and C tablet. Take another B12 and C tablet during your drinking and once more before you go to bed. Voilá! No hangover in the morning.

I didn't know drinking caused a vitamin deficiency. Learn something knew every day.

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The irony in this is absolutely fucking astounding.