Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Right. So it is your fear of violent crime happening to you or mass shooting happening in your vicinity. At any moment you might be subjected to violence. You might need to shoot someone who attacks you.

I don't think I would be vastly different than you guys in terms of the risk of being mugged/assaulted for some stupid reason (road rage, kids trying to rob me, etc.) but I don't give it much thought. The likelihood of that happening is really low. To take the leap to carrying around a deadly weapon to mitigate that perceived risk is astounding. For one it introduces other risks. But ok, that's your position.

Good luck with that guys.

An increase of mass shootings has only happened with the defunding mental health services and the removal of regulations preventing the purchase of military grade weapons and/or the enhancement of a weapon’s ability to shoot an obscene amount of rounds rapidly.  Most people want to carry to intimidate others or have the faux machismo effect, where they feel invincible to any perceived threat but really would shit their pants if they were being directly attacked.  Or option three, kill someone unnecessarily and then hide behind the “stand your ground” law that is used in many racially motivated homicides in the US.  The more money pumped into the pockets of our government by the NRA - which is essentially a tax exempt lobby group fixated on the manufacturing and selling of guns - the worse the problem has become. 

I have a permit to carry, btw, and responsibly own fire arms. 

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Just an example of Big paranoia + little penis

Freud sure made some good points

Like John Wayne said: 'You'll never hit anything with that little popper gun.'

11 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Just an example of Big paranoia + little penis

This shows where your head is at. Just come out already. 

16 hours ago, Walter said:

An increase of mass shootings has only happened with the defunding mental health services and the removal of regulations preventing the purchase of military grade weapons and/or the enhancement of a weapon’s ability to shoot an obscene amount of rounds rapidly.  Most people want to carry to intimidate others or have the faux machismo effect, where they feel invincible to any perceived threat but really would shit their pants if they were being directly attacked.  Or option three, kill someone unnecessarily and then hide behind the “stand your ground” law that is used in many racially motivated homicides in the US.  The more money pumped into the pockets of our government by the NRA - which is essentially a tax exempt lobby group fixated on the manufacturing and selling of guns - the worse the problem has become. 

I have a permit to carry, btw, and responsibly own fire arms. 

Yep, blame the NRA. I give what I can to the NRA/ILA to help hold back idiots like Schumer. I don't carry to intimidate others. I carry to protect myself and possibly others if it ever came to that. I've used firearms twice in my life to stop trespassing and an assault. Didn't have to fire a round in either case as just the sight of the gun pointing at them stopped them in their tracks.

image.thumb.png.c5ffcbf3c96fec81fbf5405f3dd2141d.png

Whatever sympathy I felt for Amanda Knox is long gone by now. Shut the fuck up you stupid git. Here's a suggestion for your next travel destination: Dominican Republic.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Whatever sympathy I felt for Amanda Knox is long gone by now. Shut the fuck up you stupid git. Here's a suggestion for your next travel destination: Dominican Republic.

Dingaling.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, redrum said:

Yep, blame the NRA. I give what I can to the NRA/ILA to help hold back idiots like Schumer. I don't carry to intimidate others. I carry to protect myself and possibly others if it ever came to that. I've used firearms twice in my life to stop trespassing and an assault. Didn't have to fire a round in either case as just the sight of the gun pointing at them stopped them in their tracks.

image.thumb.png.c5ffcbf3c96fec81fbf5405f3dd2141d.png

They just seem to be in the business of gun sales anymore. Even 41 thought so.

3 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Working from home today listening to the grass grow

Gets noisy after a while, ey? :)

18 hours ago, redrum said:

Gets noisy after a while, ey? :)

I've been away for so long that it's great to be back. The Mrs is out, the kids are in school and I have some music playing

Bob Lazar on Joe Rogan was interesting.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Bob Lazar on Joe Rogan was interesting.

I have to look that up. Lazar is interesting as hell and Rogan, well 50% of the time he is spot on while the remaining 50% he is a complete idiot. That is one intriguing combination of interview possibilities right there.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I have to look that up. Lazar is interesting as hell and Rogan, well 50% of the time he is spot on while the remaining 50% he is a complete idiot. That is one intriguing combination of interview possibilities right there.

It's freaking GREAT PeaceFrogYum. Rogan is at his best in he asks the questions of Bob that most of the time I'm thinking myself. He also adds his usual interesting perspective on things. Jeremy Corbell is frustrating as he seems to struggle to articulate what he's thinking. it's like his brain keeps interrupting him. The Netflix doco is also heavily criticised in the comments as cheesy as fuck, but I'm still going to check it out.

I must say, Bob comes across as someone who is not just a 30 year+ con artist still working at this massive bullshit story. That really does not add up to me. Quite the opposite. While it's probably easy (especially for a good con artist) to sound like you are legit and hold an intelligent/scientific disposition, the way Bob talks with a scientific mindset without exception  really does for me pass the pub test. His language is careful and qualified in the style of any scientist. More importantly, factoring in the evidence of him having worked at places and know people which was erased and discredited by a campaign is clear evidence there is something to this. Why else would such an effort be undertaken to bury a guys entire education and early adult life by the Government??? There is enough evidence now that he just cannot be dismissed out of hand. it really is fascinating and I hope this provokes a few people with knowledge or evidence linked to Bob to come out as well.

One thing that is not discussed in the podcast at all is the reasons why (if we are to take Bob's story as not fabricated) the Gov't would cover this tech up. It is such a massive, awesome thing.

The thing is, I agree it should be covered up with a very serious effort for a few reasons. Primarily, if the technology is as described and was indeed in the military's hands, this needs to be secured above and beyond any other "thing" - material or otherwise. If/when the tech is unlocked, it provides a very quick ascension to becoming the first world power with no obstacle or counter. Nothing could oppose you. We simply are not ready for this. Even if the most democratic and successful liberal democracy was to utilise this with the greatest egalitarian intentions - peace and liberty and freedom for all the world's peoples! - the world would descend into a dystopian nightmare as we are just not ready to abandon "tribe" for recognition of ourselves as truly "one". Not to mention it would basically mean the country - lets say the US - was to release this tech and take on the mantle of "running the world" - how would they? All of a sudden US law is global law??? Cultures and systems around the world are dissolved and replaced by a foreign way of life??? We are not all ready to be ruled as one so if you do not welcome or accept you rulers, no matter what is offered, it would go south. And even if benevolent, wise old rulers did somehow unite the world, who is to say that power cannot be unseated or usurped? Nope. Not ready. Not to mention the catastrophic economic and social impacts this technology would bring with it. It is impossible to alter the worlds financial and social structures in such a way without cataclysmic upheaval.

I just hope (if it is to be believed) that the Russians or anyone else for that matter that have similar craft they are studying also are generations away from understanding and unlocking it.

Anyone not familiar with Bob Lazar's story, I recommend you check it out. Especially Joe Rogan's podcast.

Anyway, my random thought for the day.....

Edited by rm2551

11 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Lazar is a fraud - he's lied about the schools, all he has to do is show his diploma paperwork and it all goes away, but no,  that never happens because the believers are so desperate to believe that they refuse to ask that simple request because it will smash their dreams of little green men from mars.

4 hours ago, rm2551 said:

It's freaking GREAT PeaceFrogYum. Rogan is at his best in he asks the questions of Bob that most of the time I'm thinking myself. He also adds his usual interesting perspective on things. Jeremy Corbell is frustrating as he seems to struggle to articulate what he's thinking. it's like his brain keeps interrupting him. The Netflix doco is also heavily criticised in the comments as cheesy as fuck, but I'm still going to check it out.

I must say, Bob comes across as someone who is not just a 30 year+ con artist still working at this massive bullshit story. That really does not add up to me. Quite the opposite. While it's probably easy (especially for a good con artist) to sound like you are legit and hold an intelligent/scientific disposition, the way Bob talks with a scientific mindset without exception  really does for me pass the pub test. His language is careful and qualified in the style of any scientist. More importantly, factoring in the evidence of him having worked at places and know people which was erased and discredited by a campaign is clear evidence there is something to this. Why else would such an effort be undertaken to bury a guys entire education and early adult life by the Government??? There is enough evidence now that he just cannot be dismissed out of hand. it really is fascinating and I hope this provokes a few people with knowledge or evidence linked to Bob to come out as well.

One thing that is not discussed in the podcast at all is the reasons why (if we are to take Bob's story as not fabricated) the Gov't would cover this tech up. It is such a massive, awesome thing.

The thing is, I agree it should be covered up with a very serious effort for a few reasons. Primarily, if the technology is as described and was indeed in the military's hands, this needs to be secured above and beyond any other "thing" - material or otherwise. If/when the tech is unlocked, it provides a very quick ascension to becoming the first world power with no obstacle or counter. Nothing could oppose you. We simply are not ready for this. Even if the most democratic and successful liberal democracy was to utilise this with the greatest egalitarian intentions - peace and liberty and freedom for all the world's peoples! - the world would descend into a dystopian nightmare as we are just not ready to abandon "tribe" for recognition of ourselves as truly "one". Not to mention it would basically mean the country - lets say the US - was to release this tech and take on the mantle of "running the world" - how would they? All of a sudden US law is global law??? Cultures and systems around the world are dissolved and replaced by a foreign way of life??? We are not all ready to be ruled as one so if you do not welcome or accept you rulers, no matter what is offered, it would go south. And even if benevolent, wise old rulers did somehow unite the world, who is to say that power cannot be unseated or usurped? Nope. Not ready. Not to mention the catastrophic economic and social impacts this technology would bring with it. It is impossible to alter the worlds financial and social structures in such a way without cataclysmic upheaval.

I just hope (if it is to be believed) that the Russians or anyone else for that matter that have similar craft they are studying also are generations away from understanding and unlocking it.

Anyone not familiar with Bob Lazar's story, I recommend you check it out. Especially Joe Rogan's podcast.

Anyway, my random thought for the day.....

Now that is a spot on post if ever there was one. I would also add (though you mentioned in the culture aspect of your post) that evidence of any alien civilization would likely destroy most religious institutions and lead to chaos. That is the problem with most religion, its very nature of inflexibility, strict adherence to dogma, and the necessity to place their "believers" at the center of the universe would lead to absolute disaster if intelligent, alien life were proven. Unfortunately, with few exception, until religion is relegated to the dustbin of history, we simply cannot handle alien contact of any kind.

3 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Lazar is a fraud - he's lied about the schools, all he has to do is show his diploma paperwork and it all goes away, but no,  that never happens because the believers are so desperate to believe that they refuse to ask that simple request because it will smash their dreams of little green men from mars.

I neither believe Lazar nor cast him as a fraud. Reasons being, I agree with what you say, but, if so why would the government go to such trouble to discredit a UFO enthusiast regardless of story. This is what always makes me wonder. I assume most of these stories are frauds, but if so why would the government even care, why would they cover up real UFO's (i am talking about unexplained phenomenon, not claiming actual alien craft)? If I were in government I would simply ignore these people, bullshit or not for obvious reasons. As I mentioned above, the vast amount of people will not believe in an intelligent, alien race without undeniable, definitive proof and if that was found, our whole society would likely collapse.

Maybe it's just typical government dumbfuckery and they are inadvertaintly stoking the flames of a non-existent fire?