Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

On 6/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

I neither believe Lazar nor cast him as a fraud. Reasons being, I agree with what you say, but, if so why would the government go to such trouble to discredit a UFO enthusiast regardless of story. This is what always makes me wonder. I assume most of these stories are frauds, but if so why would the government even care, why would they cover up real UFO's (i am talking about unexplained phenomenon, not claiming actual alien craft)? If I were in government I would simply ignore these people, bullshit or not for obvious reasons. As I mentioned above, the vast amount of people will not believe in an intelligent, alien race without undeniable, definitive proof and if that was found, our whole society would likely collapse.

Maybe it's just typical government dumbfuckery and they are inadvertaintly stoking the flames of a non-existent fire?

I agree - but I think Lazar has convinced people that the government is angry with him - he mixes and matches stories on the issue about the government so that is appears they care - my belief is they don't give a fuck!

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Finally! I thought Friday night will never get here!!

:thumbsup:

Posted (edited)

Right. All the annoying household chores (including laundry) are done. Time for some relaxation!!! Thank goodness I still have the afternoon and evening to look forward to!

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

So tired after Skirmish for my son's 16th birthday. What a great day it was.

And up at the crack tomorrow to return the hire bus used to ferry the crew.

So tired.....

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

So tired after Skirmish for my son's 16th birthday. What a great day it was.

And up at the crack tomorrow to return the hire bus used to ferry the crew.

So tired.....

Ya gettin' old dig....:lol:

God dayum I am SORE. What is wrong with you legs?!?!?! Work damn it!

Hauled a used washing machine up two flights of stairs to replace the old one. New, used one looked brand new and had all the bells and whistles, plus, it's a Maytag so I figured no worries. Hook it up and it does work but in a messed up kinda way. Certain cycles just fill with water and drain, others go until spin and stop. All that work and...shit. Go on-line to try to assess and fix issues only to find out this particular model of Maytag is a total piece of shit and was made for six months before being discontinued. Cost's more to fix the problem that it would to replace. So I just dumped $1,200 on a new washer and dryer set (set discounted from $1,600 + due to 4th of July sale).

Just another way the "man" is keeping us down with shitty, expensive products in a never ending cycle of consumer wash-rinse-repeat. SHIT!

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Hauled a used washing machine up two flights of stairs to replace the old one. New, used one looked brand new and had all the bells and whistles, plus, it's a Maytag so I figured no worries. Hook it up and it does work but in a messed up kinda way. Certain cycles just fill with water and drain, others go until spin and stop. All that work and...shit. Go on-line to try to assess and fix issues only to find out this particular model of Maytag is a total piece of shit and was made for six months before being discontinued. Cost's more to fix the problem that it would to replace. So I just dumped $1,200 on a new washer and dryer set (set discounted from $1,600 + due to 4th of July sale).

Just another way the "man" is keeping us down with shitty, expensive products in a never ending cycle of consumer wash-rinse-repeat. SHIT!

Free advice: Read product reviews before purchasing, not after.  😉

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Been there, done that. Recently, they told us the used washer was checked and worked ok. It didn't and only put out hot water and stalled a lot. Got a refund, but a pain in the A$$ to haul the damned thing around. Got another one from a more reputable outfit and it works fine.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:22 AM, SteveAJones said:

Can't argue with that however when I bought it the machine was a brand new model. That was stupid on my part as I knew better, never buy the "new" models, wait for them to work out the bugs then buy it a year later.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:22 PM, SteveAJones said:

So true.

14 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Can't argue with that however when I bought it the machine was a brand new model. That was stupid on my part as I knew better, never buy the "new" models, wait for them to work out the bugs then buy it a year later.

When we moved into our new house a couple of years ago, it was amazing how a company could have a couple of bum models and the rest highly rated. 

We ended up going with Whirlpool for our washer and dryer. Plus the extended warranty, just in case...

On 6/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Sorry to hear that.

On 5/28/2019 at 6:20 PM, SteveAJones said:

Let me educate you. The first part of the Second Amendment secures the right of the people to a well-regulated militia. The second secures the right of the people to keep and bear arms. These two do not work in unison; they are separate ideas. The first acknowledges the states' power to maintain militias, the second a citizen's right to self-defense (to keep and bear arms) wholly independent of the militias. 

Good Day, Steven. The first part sounds like a group. The second relates to citizens. Personally, I'm fine with gun ownership. I even have a few under that planks of the floorboard of my home.

We are fine with that. The 2nd part of the 2nd amendment. Hmm. How does that pertain to other people unlike myself that are a "poor shot"?

Education is good, Steven, so long as you learn something... I do believe a citizen like myself should have rights. I thank you for your reply.

My question is where does one draw a line on being able to obtain such firearms. I do agree that we should have so much as to cover government usurpations. 

Thank you. 

6 hours ago, doberso said:

Why do some women pencil in their eyebrows? Some friends and i are meeting women like this all the time when we are out. It's actually distracting. I find myself staring at their eyebrows. What's wrong with natural eyebrows?? As long as they are not too bushy.

This here is an excellent question, why do women pluck them until they no longer grow back and then pencil them in? Sorry, but it looks stupid as hell.

Just now, PeaceFrogYum said:

This here is an excellent question, why do women pluck them until they no longer grow back and then pencil them in? Sorry, but it looks stupid as hell.

Agreed. As my dear sweet wife would like to, she does not pencil in eyebrows. Virginia loves my stories. But does not pencil in her vagina or eyebrows.

I don't care about the vagina. Rice krispies!  I'm good. But why (colour in) pen the eyebrows? Who does that? I don't

10 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Absolutely. I can't stand that look.

Just now, E A Poe said:

Agreed. As my dear sweet wife would like to, she does not pencil in eyebrows. Virginia loves my stories. But does not pencil in her vagina or eyebrows.

I don't care about the vagina. Rice krispies!  I'm good. But why (colour in) pen the eyebrows? Who does that? I don't

Now that would be quite the sight, a shaved beaver with penciled in bush. Crazy.

Yuck, dude! Agreed. Penciled is ok for a tattoo, just not for a full body blow. Pardon mon ami.

But nothing says forever like a tat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WfQ-hV3WtA

25 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Now that would be quite the sight, a shaved beaver with penciled in bush. Crazy.

Actually that is quite funny!  Lol

7 hours ago, doberso said:

Why do some women pencil in their eyebrows? Some friends and i are meeting women like this all the time when we are out. It's actually distracting. I find myself staring at their eyebrows. What's wrong with natural eyebrows?? As long as they are not too bushy.

Sometimes the eyebrows don't grow well. 

I had thyroid cancer when I was 30, and the outer parts of my brows don't grow anymore, it's actually a symptom of thyroid problems. 

But I don't pencil in.

what us gentlemen wonder is why do women with perfectly fine, lovely eyebrows choose to pluck them bald and then pencil them back in once the hair follicle goes dormant?

Personally my theory is simply body dis-morphia syndrome on a mass scale. The media keeps pushing this narrative of the ideal woman and it is simply toxic. Beauty is both subjective and very transitional, we need to learn to love ourselves as nature has made us. This is why I love watching 70's and earlier movies and shows as this was pre-implants, pre-cosmetic surgery era when women looked natural and beautiful, before those ridiculous implants and botox came into the scene. I look now at these aging starlets and they all look like the Joker with oversized breasts, they look both stupid and weird. Give me a Helen Mirren any day over the travesty Nicole Kidman has become, and Kidman is 20+ years younger than Mirren.

Saw in the news today that former Peter, Paul & Mary singer Peter Yarrow was dis-invited to a folk festival in upstate NY because of incident where Yarrow had "taken indecent liberties" with a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL many decades ago.  I had never heard this story but what kind of man does that kind of thing with a young girl...basically a child.

DISGUSTING!!!!

I agree with this shaming of him or anyone else who would do such a thing.

11 minutes ago, kipper said:

Saw in the news today that former Peter, Paul & Mary singer Peter Yarrow was dis-invited to a folk festival in upstate NY because of incident where Yarrow had "taken indecent liberties" with a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL many decades ago.  I had never heard this story but what kind of man does that kind of thing with a young girl...basically a child.

DISGUSTING!!!!

I agree with this shaming of him or anyone else who would do such a thing.

image.png.04e62ab29bf17061a60b309b663d1c22.png