Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Paul Revere: One if by land, two if by sea, three if by airport.

48 minutes ago, Strider said:

Paul Revere: One if by land, two if by sea, three if by airport.

😄

16 hours ago, kipper said:

Saw in the news today that former Peter, Paul & Mary singer Peter Yarrow was dis-invited to a folk festival in upstate NY because of incident where Yarrow had "taken indecent liberties" with a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL many decades ago. 

The hypocrisy of Baby Boomers knows no bounds, in this case the board members of the Colorcape Chenango Arts Festival. Boomers are the most self-indulgent generation in human history yet now, on the 18th hole of life, they glance at their moral compass and seek to make desperate course corrections.  

Peter Yarrow is 81 years old, not to mention he received a pardon from President Carter years ago!

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The hypocrisy of Baby Boomers knows no bounds, in this case the board members of the Colorcape Chenango Arts Festival. Boomers are the most self-indulgent generation in human history yet now, on the 18th hole of life, they glance at their moral compass and seek to make desperate course corrections.  

Peter Yarrow is 81 years old, not to mention he received a pardon from President Carter years ago!

Yarrow isn't really a boomer if that's who you mean. He was born before WW2 started. I'm a boomer, born 1950.

31 minutes ago, redrum said:

Yarrow isn't really a boomer if that's who you mean. He was born before WW2 started. I'm a boomer, born 1950.

Ok, he was born in 1938 so technically not a Baby Boomer but you'd have to agree he epitomized if not helped to shape the spirit of that generation.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, kipper said:

Saw in the news today that former Peter, Paul & Mary singer Peter Yarrow was dis-invited to a folk festival in upstate NY because of incident where Yarrow had "taken indecent liberties" with a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL many decades ago.  I had never heard this story but what kind of man does that kind of thing with a young girl...basically a child.

DISGUSTING!!!!

I agree with this shaming of him or anyone else who would do such a thing.

A guess he is nostalgic for the PUFF of the Magik past. I'm sorry to hear this.

On 7/4/2019 at 12:11 AM, E A Poe said:

Agreed. As my dear sweet wife would like to, she does not pencil in eyebrows. Virginia loves my stories. But does not pencil in her vagina or eyebrows.

I don't care about the vagina. Rice krispies!  I'm good. But why (colour in) pen the eyebrows? Who does that? I don't

Good for Virginia.  But some color in the brows because .. will message you.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, Walter said:

So true.

When we moved into our new house a couple of years ago, it was amazing how a company could have a couple of bum models and the rest highly rated. 

We ended up going with Whirlpool for our washer and dryer. Plus the extended warranty, just in case...

Whirlpool is the best, I hear. I hope you bode well in your new home.

13 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Good for Virginia.  But some color in the brows because .. will message you.

No need to message. Thank you. Sis doesn't do that.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ok, he was born in 1938 so technically not a Baby Boomer but you'd have to agree he epitomized if not helped to shape the spirit of that generation.

The Beats.

Can it really all just come down to random luck - I look back and think if I turned here or turned there how would things be different. It's so weird sometimes

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, SteveAJones said:

I was being ironic. I'm not really bothered by Yarrow, and in fact he did not actually have intercourse with the girl in question anyway..  That being said, 14 year old girls should be at home with their parents at night and not hanging around places where they will be getting into trouble-- if you know what I mean?  😉

Edited by kipper

What the SF/LA homeless need. Poop catcher bags.

image.png.8f4620e583c3cdbeccbff44389a1d409.png

3 hours ago, redrum said:

What the SF/LA homeless need. Poop catcher bags.

image.png.8f4620e583c3cdbeccbff44389a1d409.png

:hysterical:

Yeah, I think those will fit their heads.

I want to believe in Joe Biden, but no one's perfect--couldn't be worse than the present situation...

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

:hysterical:

Yeah, I think those will fit their heads.

It'll put the pooper scooper patrols out of work. Yummy. Can't believe they're not wearing respirators.

image.thumb.png.77edc6b06e4d5768b10344d696058b06.png

On 7/7/2019 at 8:30 PM, kipper said:

I was being ironic. I'm not really bothered by Yarrow, and in fact he did not actually have intercourse with the girl in question anyway..  That being said, 14 year old girls should be at home with their parents at night and not hanging around places where they will be getting into trouble-- if you know what I mean?  😉

Good thing you were not Zep's tour manager otherwise half their audience would have been restricted :hysterical::drumz:

On 7/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, apantherfrommd said:

I was thinking that the day will soon be here where many former rockers and actors will have to answer to the "me too movement" for the many indiscretions which involved children.

Just goes to show that at some point anyone's past can come back to haunt them. I'm pretty sure Bill Cosby thought he would get away clean.

Btw, how have you been doing Apanather?

I was walking by the cemetery tonight and the moon was glowing brightly through the trees. I thought I saw John Paul Jones in a cape riding a horse and "No Quarter" started playing in my head.

12 hours ago, kipper said:

I was thinking that the day will soon be here where many former rockers and actors will have to answer to the "me too movement" for the many indiscretions which involved children.

Just goes to show that at some point anyone's past can come back to haunt them. I'm pretty sure Bill Cosby thought he would get away clean.

Btw, how have you been doing Apanather?

The Me Too Movement died with Christine Blasey Ford's utterly ridiculous attempt to destroy Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Strider said:

I was walking by the cemetery tonight and the moon was glowing brightly through the trees. I thought I saw John Paul Jones in a cape riding a horse and "No Quarter" started playing in my head.

I've done some research on that filming location and found there are quite a few Baldwins buried there, specifically at the large cross. Unsure if the inclusion of that burial ground and that cross was purposeful, but I presume it must have been. On the other hand, Paul McCartney claims he knew nothing whatsoever of this tombstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFiY8GTdWE 

Edited by SteveAJones

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I've done some research on that filming location and found there are quite a few Baldwins buried there, specifically at the large cross. Unsure if the inclusion of that burial ground and that cross was purposeful, but I presume it must have been. On the other hand, Paul McCartney claims he knew nothing whatsoever of this tombstone.

As Spock would say...Fascinating.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:38 PM, paul carruthers said:

I want to believe in Joe Biden, but no one's perfect--couldn't be worse than the present situation...

China sure wants him to win.  Gee, I wonder why?  Plus his son made a fortune there.

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Jesus Christ man, look at that tombstone! That must be one crowded ass hole.

19 minutes ago, cryingbluerain said:

China sure wants him to win.  Gee, I wonder why?  Plus his son made a fortune there.

Guess who else made a fortune there: Ivanka & Donald Trump

On 7/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, paul carruthers said:

You mean the present situation with a booming economy and record high stock market? Not to mention finally a president who does not want to get invovled in foreign wars--- just wrap up and move beyond the ones started during previous administrations?

All this hate for winning must be some kind of derangement syndrome.