Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kipper said:

You mean the present situation with a booming economy and record high stock market? Not to mention finally a president who does not want to get invovled in foreign wars--- just wrap up and move beyond the ones started during previous administrations?

All this hate for winning must be some kind of derangement syndrome.

The economy is only booming for the wealthy, the working folk have had wage stagnation since 1980 and the average American got a whopping $40 extra back on their refunds while the average millionaire got back a few hundred thousand. The stock market is extremely artificially inflated due to corporate stock buybacks as a result of those tax cuts and is due for a major adjustment before the end of year if trending continues and the Fed does not raise interest rates.

That being said you got me regarding the foreign wars. He acts like some hard ass talking all sorts of stupid shit but then backs off in the end, just like a schoolyard bully confronted with an adversary ready to whoop his ass. However I am not saying that as a bad thing per se. I would rather have a trash taking pussy-boy back down and keep us out of wars in general vs. some smooth bastard who is willing to send thousands into some meat grinder in who knows where BFE. Case in point, Iran. Damn he loves to talk some shit about Iran but like an impotent gigolo he can't seal the deal. The reason is obvious, Putin is allied with Iran and as long as Putin & Iran are snuggly-wuggly, Trump won't do jack shit, just like Syria. Sure, Putin let Trump bomb a minor airbase destroying zero planes in the process and causing damage so minor the runway was functional is under 4 hours. Again, hooray for Putin on this one.

We no longer need the middle east. We produce almost 88% of our gross domestic needs (though all of this is sold and then bought back at an inflated price on the World Oil Market) and get the remaining 12% from Canada & Mexico. The middle east has been a shit show since we broke up the Ottoman Empire post WWI and stirred up sectarian fighting the Ottomans had kept at bay for over 500 years. We all need to get the hell out and let the Sunni & Shi'a have their Wars of Religion just like the West had during the 16th & 17th centuries. Just quarantine the whole region and when they are done slaughtering each other and finally work this shit out, the can be asked to re-join the World community and play nice.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

WRONG!!  Anyone who has a 401K plan (which the majority of the working class have been forced into now that pensions have gone the way of the dodo), have benefited greatly from Trump's booming economy!

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

WRONG!!  Anyone who has a 401K plan (which the majority of the working class have been forced into now that pensions have gone the way of the dodo), have benefited greatly from Trump's booming economy!

Not to mention record low unemployment.

12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Not to mention record low unemployment.

Funny how when Obama reduced unemployment all the right could say was , "but those are shitty, underpaid, part-time jobs or people have simply stopped looking!!! REAL unemployment is at least 20%!!!!"

But when the numbers are low under Trump its automatically legit?

So, which is it? How exactly is Trump's unemployment numbers both a godsend & legit but Obama's was bullshit? I would really like to see you square that circle.

15 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Well you are kinda right about that, however you better pull that loot out of your 401k before fall otherwise you very well may see most of that money go up in smoke when that major market adjustment hits. I just pulled mine last week (Roth 401k) so I only had to pay tax on the gains plus the 10% hit taking it early. I then re-invested it into a rental property which regardless of appreciation or depreciation has no affect on the rental income, in fact, should the housing market collapse rent amounts would go up, not down. Plus, when I retire the home will be paid off.

Of course I can swing this because I was born lucky. Lucky insofar as I was born at the 5 yard line (white, middle class, stable family no divorce or death). I had no challenges to overcome except getting my ass outta bed at 6am for class. I could drive a nice car without fear of being puled over. If I got busted with a dime bag I would get a warning, a boot in the ass and sent on my way, not five years in the pen and a felony conviction on my record.

And no, the majority of the working class do not participate in 401k plans because they cannot afford to set even a few bucks aside to deposit into a 401k. Explain how the majority of working class Americans, living on credit cards and barely getting by can also contribute to a 401k. Currently only 32% of ALL Americans are contributing to a 401k: https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/06/19/does-the-average-american-have-a-401k.aspx

Also, it is a myth 401k's are not taxed, they are indeed taxed and taxed quite a bit. If you go for a Roth the tax is taken out immediately whereas a traditional 401k is taxed significantly when you take it out. See, they get you coming and going. However those rich bastards use a method the average Joe or Jane cannot, they take a salary of $1 per year and take stock options instead thereby limiting their tax liability to 15%. Gee, that must be nice.

And don't forget, it was Reagan & a bi-partisan congress who caused all the problems with Social Security (the most successful government program of all time prior to 1983). This was Reagan's famous Social Security Act of 1983, the greatest theft in American history: https://www.fedsmith.com/2013/10/11/ronald-reagan-and-the-great-social-security-heist/

Oh well, at least there will still be cat food, or if not, just eat a cat.

8 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Funny how when Obama reduced unemployment all the right could say was , "but those are shitty, underpaid, part-time jobs or people have simply stopped looking!!! REAL unemployment is at least 20%!!!!"

But when the numbers are low under Trump its automatically legit?

So, which is it? How exactly is Trump's unemployment numbers both a godsend & legit but Obama's was bullshit? I would really like to see you square that circle.

No problem. Let me educate you. First, let me say that because of how it is calculated, the national unemployment rate is little more than a political football, which is why we see the back and forth bickering over who to give credit or blame. You have correctly pointed out that wage stagnation is more important to measure. I agree and believe that what really matters in regard to both is economic growth.

The Obama Administration was a disaster for economic growth. Obama had the second worst GDP growth in American history, and is the only President not to have at least one year of 3% or more growth. Consequently, conventional wisdom states a reduction in unemployment under those circumstances is being driven by people taking shitty, underpaid part-time, no benefit jobs out of desperation or giving up and leaving the work force entirely. Bear in mind in either instance it "lowers" the unemployment rate.

8 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

If I got busted with a dime bag I would get a warning, a boot in the ass and sent on my way, not five years in the pen and a felony conviction on my record.

That's because it wouldn't be for the tenth time in two years.

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That's because it wouldn't be for the tenth time in two years.

You underestimate me sir B)

3 hours ago, redrum said:

Ocashio Kartoosh

I prefer to use Alexandria Occasional Cortex......

5 hours ago, Strider said:

56585971_1363828527091683_6569942783279235072_n.thumb.jpg.1fac5300187343a385d1ee2d70aa6b30.jpg

Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground. How moronic.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Strider said:

56585971_1363828527091683_6569942783279235072_n.thumb.jpg.1fac5300187343a385d1ee2d70aa6b30.jpg

Another Twonk.

Twunt.jpg

Edited by JTM

39 minutes ago, JTM said:

Another Twonk.

Twunt.jpg

Cool as ice. 😄

..one of my favorite moments from "Cops" (the TV show) was the perp that had his pants at the bottom of his butt cheeks and tried to run from the cops.  He was running like Frankenstein's monster and needless to say, didn't get very far!

On 7/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I prefer to use Alexandria Occasional Cortex......

But that's racist or sexist or xenophobic or whatever PC buzzword you can think of.

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

..one of my favorite moments from "Cops" (the TV show) was the perp that had his pants at the bottom of his butt cheeks and tried to run from the cops.  He was running like Frankenstein's monster and needless to say, didn't get very far!

I can hear the Edgar Winter song right now. 😄

kar-TOOSH!! like a big stone hitting the water.

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...I think they call it misogynist too!  😉

That too, anything to magnify the perception of victimhood for AOC+3 and other hard left puppets.

7 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

That too, anything to magnify the perception of victimhood for AOC+3 and other hard left puppets.

FWIW, I would not say Stryder1978's jab at AOC was any of the above, not racist, misogynistic, or other except for bad taste. Now regarding AOC and the "Squad." How exactly are they hard left much less puppets? Everything they propose is in affect in every other 1st world democracy except for the US. Also, all of those programs poll anywhere from the low 60 percentile to as high as 70 percentile in regard to Medicare for all. It seems to me the Squad represents the will of the people. Do you not believe in the will of the people? That our elected officials should represent OUR interests and not THEIR interests?

None of these including the Green New Deal are considered even remotely hard left in any other nation on this planet, in fact they would be considered centrist in every other 1st world democracy. Hard left would be putting forth legislation to nationalize industry. How exactly is giving all Americans access to excellent, free healthcare hard left? It would actually be cheaper than the current system by around 2 trillion dollars. Sounds like a win-win to me. Anything is better than what we currently have, a system which bankrupts millions of American annually, a system which is not based on patient outcome but on profit, a system which has left many elderly people broke and living in squalor after saving all their life and doing "everything right."

Good Lord. 4 legs good.......2 legs bad.

Bernie said Trump is taking us to WOOR-UH!