Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Strider said:

I want to get a flame-thrower. You never know when a crazy knife-wielding psycho is going to burst through your door.

Flamethrowers are great for flushing out Japanese infantry dug into foxholes and tunnels, but a bit of overkill for protecting your domicile.  Personally I would opt for a .357 magnum revolver loaded with .38cal +P hollow points as it is all you really need being that most defensive use of deadly force  happen within 10 feet anyway.

Sadly Strider being that you live in Los Angeles county you are basically prohibited from defending yourself other than in your own home; any chance to acquire a concealed weapons permit in Los Angeles is impossible. The governing authority here believes that citizens should be limited to call 9-1-1 and hopefully not be put on hold during a life threatening emergency. However in the end, and no matter how things turn out, the police here are pretty good at eventually arriving to make a report and then call the coroner's office to pick up your body.

Edited by kipper

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Drones are no fun. I want that dragon strapped to my back.

:thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, kipper said:

Flamethrowers are great for flushing out Japanese infantry dug into foxholes and tunnels, but a bit of overkill for protecting your domicile.  Personally I would opt for a .357 magnum revolver loaded with .38cal +P hollow points as it is all you really need being that most defensive use of deadly force  happen within 10 feet anyway.

Sadly Strider being that you live in Los Angeles county you are basically prohibited from defending yourself other than in your own home; any chance to acquire a concealed weapons permit in Los Angeles is impossible. The governing authority here believes that citizens should be limited to call 9-1-1 and hopefully not be put on hold during a life threatening emergency. However in the end, and no matter how things turn out, the police here are pretty good at eventually arriving to make a report and then call the coroner's office to pick up your body.

Damn that went dark quick.

Personally, I never worry, because I use Kung Fu. Like Caine I wander town to town and get into adventures. No conceal carry for me, no sirrie Bob, I AM the weapon. Some dope try to front on me and BAM! I go all Master Po on his ass :hysterical:

I am so hardcore I am not afraid of guns, guns are afraid of ME!

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

Today marks the official 50th anniversary of my Led Zeppelin fanship. It was exactly 50 years ago today...July 31, 1969...that I bought and listened to the first Led Zeppelin album. And instantly became hooked on the drug that is Led Zeppelin.

I'm not going to blather on...I've done enough of that here on the Forum and poor Rick can only take so much of my long-winded posts. Just kidding, Rick. 😏

I'm not the first Led Zeppelin fan. I don't even claim to be the biggest Led Zeppelin fan. I'm no Sam "Mr. Electric-Magic" Webmaster or Dave Lewis or Luis Rey or Led Zeppelin Boots or the guys who run the Led Zeppelin Database Reference site.

All I can say is that 50 years later my passion for the music of Led Zeppelin has not ebbed. Do I sometimes question the decisions they have made over the years? Yes. But the Song Remains the Same and when you get right down to it, it's the music that counts and it's the music that lasts.

Whether the guys themselves are enthusiastic about the 50th anniversary of the band or not, and whether we get some new or archival product to add to our collection, I will still celebrate my 50th anniversary with Led Zeppelin.

So tonight after work, I am going to fill my pipe with Mother Nature's finest, open a nice bottle of whiskey, sit on the porch and blast "Led Zeppelin" on the stereo. Just like I did 50 years ago...sans pipe and whiskey, natch.

Thank you, Led Zeppelin. It's been one hell of a ride with you. Thank you for these past 50 years. Much love and gratitude.

15 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Personally, I never worry, because I use Kung Fu. Like Caine I wander town to town and get into adventures. No conceal carry for me, no sirrie Bob, I AM the weapon. Some dope try to front on me and BAM! I go all Master Po on his ass :hysterical:

You feel lucky? 😎

On 7/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Kung Fu was a TV show.  Here in the Los Angeles area you will need a gun. And going barefoot like Caine will either get you stepping on a hypodermic needle or someone's fresh poo-poo.

Not advised.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

And going barefoot like Caine will either get you stepping on a hypodermic needle or someone's fresh poo-poo.

Not advised.

Snatch the poop from my hand, grasshopper.

18 hours ago, kipper said:

Kung Fu was a TV show.  Here in the Los Angeles area you will need a gun. And going barefoot like Caine will either get you stepping on a hypodermic needle or someone's fresh poo-poo.

Not advised.

Did Caine need a gun in Kung Fu? Nope, and his ass was getting shot at in every other episode. Neither do I as I am aware of my surroundings and I can move faster than some crackhead can aim and shoot. Anyone whips out a gat on me will have it shoved up their backside. Then again, as I said before, guns are afraid of ME. Even if someone did pull a gun from a safe distance and aim, the bullet primer would refuse to ignite knowing damn well it horrible fate of absolute annihilation.

Never underestimate the Power of Kung Fu in the hands of a motivated Pollack.

YIPPEEEE!!!!!

Crushing those guitars does not bother me as I get it's a quality control measure. What does bother me is Gibson trying so hard to be seen as woke. They're going to GIVE AWAY a guitar a day for 1,000 days? Lame. If they are going to do that, there should be a modicum of merit behind who gets one. Otherwise all we're going to see is 1,000 guitars on ebay with the pick guards signed by B-list rock stars.

Must be nice to have money to burn. Also, what a waste of wood.

"This isolated group of Firebird X models were unable to be donated for any purpose and were destroyed accordingly.”

Gibson also announced a commitment to give away “a guitar a day away over the next 1,000 days.” Their hope is that this effort will reaffirm “Gibson’s commitment to giving back, helping under-served music education programs, empowering music culture and encouraging the creation of music.” :blink:

Posted (edited)

As far as I was concerned, the best thing to come out of the last round of debates was the venue, and the reactions of the media and celebrities who had never stepped inside Detroit's Fox Theate

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=37A70DEEDAA3FEBD9FA09645572732E93480B9E9&thid=OIP.RJ9oJqfX2udGWYkEtm4CHgHaE7&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fc2.staticflickr.com%2F4%2F3208%2F2779515265_e153eaa2e6_b.jpg&exph=681&expw=1024&q=detroit+fox+theater+pics&selectedindex=4&qpvt=detroit+fox+theater+pics&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6

As one local replied, you should come back to see something good !  I'll be doing that tonight, as Bryan Ferry comes to town at my favorite venue....Oh Yeah !

Edited by Bong-Man

I'm finding some these recent studies released concerning health to be quite interesting.....

Taking an aspirin a day for heart health is a waste of time.

There's no difference between eating white or dark meat as far as your cholesterol levels.

Eating spicy foods may contribute to dementia

Sports apps and devices to monitor your health while working out neither enhance or contribute towards over-all health or well-being (I like this one.  Can't I just take a couple hour bike ride without being anal about what I'm accomplishing ?  Isn't not being a couch potato enough ? Can I just enjoy the ride ? )

Posted (edited)

If eating spicy was wrong,, I would be dead already. Take it from a man who eats Burger King for breakfast almost every friggin' day (or close to it Morgan Spurlock)...

Btw, Bong-Man, are the Detroit Tigers still okay about Rod & Mario?

😃

Edited by paul carruthers

On 7/31/2019 at 11:44 AM, Strider said:

Today marks the official 50th anniversary of my Led Zeppelin fanship. It was exactly 50 years ago today...July 31, 1969...that I bought and listened to the first Led Zeppelin album. And instantly became hooked on the drug that is Led Zeppelin.

I'm not going to blather on...I've done enough of that here on the Forum and poor Rick can only take so much of my long-winded posts. Just kidding, Rick. 😏

I'm not the first Led Zeppelin fan. I don't even claim to be the biggest Led Zeppelin fan. I'm no Sam "Mr. Electric-Magic" Webmaster or Dave Lewis or Luis Rey or Led Zeppelin Boots or the guys who run the Led Zeppelin Database Reference site.

All I can say is that 50 years later my passion for the music of Led Zeppelin has not ebbed. Do I sometimes question the decisions they have made over the years? Yes. But the Song Remains the Same and when you get right down to it, it's the music that counts and it's the music that lasts.

Whether the guys themselves are enthusiastic about the 50th anniversary of the band or not, and whether we get some new or archival product to add to our collection, I will still celebrate my 50th anniversary with Led Zeppelin.

So tonight after work, I am going to fill my pipe with Mother Nature's finest, open a nice bottle of whiskey, sit on the porch and blast "Led Zeppelin" on the stereo. Just like I did 50 years ago...sans pipe and whiskey, natch.

Thank you, Led Zeppelin. It's been one hell of a ride with you. Thank you for these past 50 years. Much love and gratitude.

That's a great post man!

Btw, Bong-Man, are the Detroit Tigers still okay about Rod & Mario?

Ha !  The joke around town is the two of them orchestrated that fight between themselves.  Neither could stand the thought of watching what we have to for another year.

Why on earth do people my age or younger use the abbreviation AF all the bloody time? Yes, I know what it stands for!!

Oh, he was slick AF! Oh, he was hot as fuck! Barf! Speak English, please! :wall:

Ugh! One female colleague of mine was guilty of this and it used to get on my nerves!

People actually think that they are being so hip and cool, if they use that abbreviation!

*End of old lady rant

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Why on earth do people my age or younger use the abbreviation AF all the bloody time? Yes, I know what it stands for!!

Oh, he was slick AF! Oh, he was hot as fuck! Barf! Speak English, please! :wall:

Ugh! One female colleague of mine was guilty of this and it used to get on my nerves!

People actually think that they are being so hip and cool, if they use that abbreviation!

*End of old lady rant

What Is Hip? :)

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

To be "hip" is to be current, I guess! :lol: 

What is hip?
Tell me, tell me if you think you know
What is hip?
If you was really hip
The passing years would show
You into a hip trip
Maybe hipper than hip
But what is hip?

:)

Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read.

Frank Zappa

So true. :lol: