Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Sometimes, a little escapism can be good for you! B) 

You know it.

Posted (edited)

If you feel bad, just turn that frown sunny side-up by thinking of Trump posing for photos at the G-7 summit....

Edited by paul carruthers

On 8/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, redrum said:

Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read.

Frank Zappa

So true. :lol:

Or, put another way...

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Or, put another way...

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

😎

The word "Justification" might be the most important (and most ignored) word when it comes to morality, right and wrong, and the need for war. If an action is justified, then it is moral and right to the ones who justify it.

Science & Nature are the only truths in life.  Everything else is a fraud perpetrated by humans.

5 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

Some Zep-related photos I took while in Ireland last week.

DSC03630.thumb.JPG.bb7693ddb5fd375250c9ea07cd5202ab.JPG

DSC04042.JPG

DSC03416.JPG

Very cool. Where are the naked sprites?

Thanks Strider!

AHHH, times have changed since the early 70's.  Those "sprite" pictures would get you 10-20 nowadays! 

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thanks Strider!

AHHH, times have changed since the early 70's.  Those "sprite" pictures would get you 10-20 nowadays! 

Think that would raise eyebrows, the original Virgin Killers album (Scorpions) would get you life. Then again, it was a pretty fucked up cover even by 1976 standards.

I can make plenty of really ugly faces - howcome I can't make a single handsome face?! 

Have you ever come across a pushy and Facebook obsessed mother who just had a baby and who made the husband post photos of her and the baby after going through labour? And who to top it all posts a confidential medical report regarding her baby's vital signs?! Honestly, some people will do anything for attention these days!! OK. We get it! You have a baby now. Big deal! Millions of loving parents across the globe do, every single day! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Have you ever come across a pushy and Facebook obsessed mother who just had a baby and who made the husband post photos of her and the baby after going through labour? And who to top it all posts a confidential medical report regarding her baby's vital signs?! Honestly, some people will do anything for attention these days!! OK. We get it! You have a baby now. Big deal! Millions of loving parents across the globe do, every single day! 

My advice is to immediately unfollow new parents as 99% of their posts for the next 3 to 5 years will be about their damn kid.

5 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Not to mention the millions of apathetic parents, or shitty parents. Having a kid is nothing special, its a simple biological function, not some miracle. Literally, just about any female can do it. Talk about your participation trophies! Every post, "awww, Brooke just took a shit (basic bodily function). Brooke just said her first word (really? it can talk too?). Brooke took her first steps today!!! (OMG!!! It can move about! It's a miracle!!!)."

How about this, new parents should STFU about their stupid offspring until the kid has graduated college and is contributing to society. Then you can crow about how awesome little Johnny is at working the McDonald's drive-thru. OYE!

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

13 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Every post, "awww, Brooke just took a shit (basic bodily function). Brooke just said her first word (really? it can talk too?). Brooke took her first steps today!!! (OMG!!! It can move about! It's a miracle!!!)."

Hmmmm....Brooke has what looks like a 666 'birth mark' on her scalp. 😈

I still would like to see Willem Dafoe as "The Joker".

10 hours ago, Strider said:

I still would like to see Willem Dafoe as "The Joker".

image.thumb.png.d793fda8684f080311fc5930ba8381fe.png

On 9/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, redrum said:

Hmmmm....Brooke has what looks like a 666 'birth mark' on her scalp. 😈

If she does not have one already, being raised by today's parents will sure do the trick.

9-11

My brother, nephew and friend Joe were all born on this day.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:25 PM, Stryder1978 said:

Some Zep-related photos I took while in Northern Ireland last week.

DSC03630.thumb.JPG.bb7693ddb5fd375250c9ea07cd5202ab.JPG

DSC04042.JPG

DSC03416.JPG

Corrected it for you. Very good pictures there

OOOPS...my bad!  Thanks chillumpuffer!  VERY hard to get a clear shot of the Giant's Causeway...there must have been 800 people there that afternoon!

Seems like an appropriate song for today with the full moon and Friday The 13th. 👀