Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

27 minutes ago, redrum said:

Seems like an appropriate song for today with the full moon and Friday The 13th. 👀

Love it. Great song, great album! 

:thumbsup:

It's a great fortnight for palindrome fans.

FullSizeR1.thumb.jpg.e48dd6a5adbd2ee41f9b33e2f9001c18.jpg

Edited by Strider

5 hours ago, Walter said:

Love it. Great song, great album! 

42 minutes ago, Strider said:

It's a great fortnight for palindrome fans.

FullSizeR1.thumb.jpg.e48dd6a5adbd2ee41f9b33e2f9001c18.jpg

9-16

Colonoscopy Day!

Oh, joy.

😬

14 minutes ago, redrum said:

9-16

Colonoscopy Day!

Oh, joy.

😬

Or, as I call it...ass-cam.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Or, as I call it...ass-cam.

Good luck.

😄

It's my third one.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:00 AM, redrum said:

😄

It's my third one.

I recently got over my second. First one was a walk in the park. My second one was a referral to another doctor - ok...

I needed a week off work. I think he used an iMax camera. I was not happy and shan't be going for the follow up visit as at best I'd be massively sarcastic and snide.

But all for a good cause redrum. If it catches something early and saves you from an unimaginable nightmare ending - then worth it!

Good luck mate....

Image result for imax camera

Edited by rm2551

39 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I recently got over my second. First one was a walk in the park. My second one was a referral to another doctor - ok...

I needed a week off work. I think he used an iMax camera. I was not happy and shan't be going for the follow up visit as at best I'd be massively sarcastic and snide.

But all for a good cause redrum. If it catches something early and saves you from an unimaginable nightmare ending - then worth it!

Good luck mate....

IMAX. 😄 I'll have to ask if that's what they're going to use. Maybe a Panaflex. Thank you. I'll let you know the results later tonight. Can't wait to sleep and then go pig out a bit later. I'm sick of broth, soda, popsicles and Gator Ade. 🤢

Not a polyp to be found. Everything looked good. I did get car sick on the drive home and barfed a bit just down the hill. Otherwise, it's all systems go.

TIME TO EAT!!! :)

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Good luck mate....

Jesus, a week? I have had two ass-cams so far and was back to work the next day after each one. Even went out that night after the second one. You must have had Sweeney Todd for a doctor.

Fuck. I just realized I missed the Iron Maiden concert. I thought it was coming in October but it was this past Saturday. Damn.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Jesus, a week? I have had two ass-cams so far and was back to work the next day after each one. Even went out that night after the second one. You must have had Sweeney Todd for a doctor.

Same here. Came home, slept about 4 hours and I just got back from McD's and had a big salad and iced coffee.

Sweeney Todd or Dr. Mengele. 😲

Don't start smiling and taking selfies until the last putt goes in. Lexi Thompson's face as The Solhiem Cup slipped away. Priceless.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

8 hours ago, redrum said:

Same here. Came home, slept about 4 hours and I just got back from McD's and had a big salad and iced coffee.

Sweeney Todd or Dr. Mengele. 😲

Yeah, was brutal. I suffer from hemmers - and they can get pretty intense. He triggered them the worst they have ever been by far. I was given oxycodone - which I think is that drug that seems to be fucking up a large swathe of the US. They were fine, and I had no problems with them. I actually still have a few left over in the cabinet.

The first colonoscopy was like you guys - I was at work the next day as well. Zero pain. I'll be going back to that guy specifically. He was an incredibly friendly old Chinese doctor. Great manner and humour about him. I only went with another doctor as it was on a different referral and I just went with it.

Anyway, glad it was good news redrum. keep at it every 2 years bruh. I do as my family has some history, so I really need to.

19 hours ago, redrum said:

Not a polyp to be found. Everything looked good. I did get car sick on the drive home and barfed a bit just down the hill. Otherwise, it's all systems go.

TIME TO EAT!!! :)

Good news. 👍

Colonoscopy? My doctor just had me shit in the box (you know, the talking shit-box from TV) and I mailed it in. I was lucky in that I have no family history of colon cancer.

Let me shit in a box any day vs. having an iMax shoved up me arse. My hat is off to you gentlemen.

21 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Yeah, was brutal. I suffer from hemmers - and they can get pretty intense. He triggered them the worst they have ever been by far. I was given oxycodone - which I think is that drug that seems to be fucking up a large swathe of the US. They were fine, and I had no problems with them. I actually still have a few left over in the cabinet.

The first colonoscopy was like you guys - I was at work the next day as well. Zero pain. I'll be going back to that guy specifically. He was an incredibly friendly old Chinese doctor. Great manner and humour about him. I only went with another doctor as it was on a different referral and I just went with it.

Anyway, glad it was good news redrum. keep at it every 2 years bruh. I do as my family has some history, so I really need to.

Thanks. I had Dr. Leung. Real nice guy. They told me that if I woke up during the procedure that I was welcome to watch. No thanks!! 😬

4 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Colonoscopy? My doctor just had me shit in the box (you know, the talking shit-box from TV) and I mailed it in. I was lucky in that I have no family history of colon cancer.

Let me shit in a box any day vs. having an iMax shoved up me arse. My hat is off to you gentlemen.

Did the box thing twice. Both tests came back negative. It can't say if there's polyps or not though. You could always ask for an 8mm camera. ^_^

9 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I had a bad experience - but usually, it's no problems or pain at all. Not even embarrassing really. I'm not the one awake for it - what have i got to be worried about? I believe the video can reveal issues a stool sample cannot.

With no history in your family, the risks are obviously lower, but still. The poor buggers who get colon cancer suffer unspeakably. FUCK THAT. WELL worth the effort of an hour or so out of your life once every other year....

On 9/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Strider said:

Fuck. I just realized I missed the Iron Maiden concert. I thought it was coming in October but it was this past Saturday. Damn.

Glad I saw your post which made me kick it into high gear and get my ticket. Saw them last night. What an awesome show. Bruce's voice was incredible for being this far into the tour. The whole band was incredible.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, luvlz2 said:

Glad I saw your post which made me kick it into high gear and get my ticket. Saw them last night. What an awesome show. Bruce's voice was incredible for being this far into the tour. The whole band was incredible.

👍 Up the Irons! \m/

Whose idea was it to have the cricket World Cup, The Ashes, the World Basketball Tournament, and the rugby World Cup all in the same summer? Talk about overkill.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:11 AM, rm2551 said:

I had a bad experience - but usually, it's no problems or pain at all. Not even embarrassing really. I'm not the one awake for it - what have i got to be worried about? I believe the video can reveal issues a stool sample cannot.

With no history in your family, the risks are obviously lower, but still. The poor buggers who get colon cancer suffer unspeakably. FUCK THAT. WELL worth the effort of an hour or so out of your life once every other year....

I need to clarify, I am also a vegan and have been such since my early 30's. The occurrence of colon, prostate, and intestinal / stomach cancers in vegans is almost nil. Cancers of the digestive tract & prostate are almost exclusively the result of eating too much animal products.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those preachy types. I stopped eating animal products not out of some ethical standard, hell, meat tastes GOOD, dairy tastes GOOD and I would eat both if my body could tolerate them but it cannot. Like everything there is a trade-off. Since I cannot enjoy two of the things I love most, as a trade-off nature has given me a break on intestinal cancers (hopefully, nothing is 100% and with my luck...). So, great! More healthy years of not being able to enjoy two of life's pleasures.

Teaching is the only job where you steal office supplies from home to take to work!

Edited by chef free

4 hours ago, chef free said:

Teaching is the only job where you steal office supplies from home to take to work!

True dat!

Edited by Walter