Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

10 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I need to clarify, I am also a vegan and have been such since my early 30's. The occurrence of colon, prostate, and intestinal / stomach cancers in vegans is almost nil. Cancers of the digestive tract & prostate are almost exclusively the result of eating too much animal products.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those preachy types. I stopped eating animal products not out of some ethical standard, hell, meat tastes GOOD, dairy tastes GOOD and I would eat both if my body could tolerate them but it cannot. Like everything there is a trade-off. Since I cannot enjoy two of the things I love most, as a trade-off nature has given me a break on intestinal cancers (hopefully, nothing is 100% and with my luck...). So, great! More healthy years of not being able to enjoy two of life's pleasures.

Edited by SteveAJones

I saw something on the news or somewhere last week about birds in North America disappearing and where I live I can really notice it.

5 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

I saw something on the news or somewhere last week about birds in North America disappearing and where I live I can really notice it.

Saw a big pileated woodpecker here about a week ago. Must have been 18 inches long. The robins are also back and the hummingbirds empty the feeder every day.

(not my pic)

image.thumb.png.855aa2513f115f4412ee0cca3094da72.png

10 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Saw the same story.  Once migration happens the next couple of months, I'll have a better take on the health of the population down here.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Saw the same story.  Once migration happens the next couple of months, I'll have a better take on the health of the population down here.

The goldfinches here are gone.

image.thumb.png.1133b51d7293d86548fda0e7d42bf575.png

Cream’s Ginger Baker is ‘Critically Ill in Hospital’

Rolling Stone Althea Legaspi,Rolling Stone 11 hours ago 
421801860f1c1ba377a61ab31dbb2d9fClick here to read the full article.

Ginger Baker, the cofounder and drummer of Cream, is critically ill and in the hospital, according to a social media post shared by his family on his official Twitter account. No further details regarding his illness have been disclosed.

“The Baker family are sad to announce that Ginger is critically ill in hospital,” the family’s statement reads. “Please keep him in your prayers tonight.”

In 2016, the drummer underwent open heart surgery. Earlier that same year he was forced to cancel a tour with his band Air Force after being diagnosed with “serious heart problems.”

In 2013, he told Rolling Stone that his health was “not good” and that performing left him exhausted. “I’ve got degenerative osteoarthritis, which is extremely painful and I’m on a regiment with a health service pain management control,” he said. “Apart from that I’ve got COPD from smoking.”

Named Number Three on Rolling Stone‘s “100 Greatest Drummers of All Time,” the English drummer cofounded Cream in 1966 with Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce and released four albums before breaking up in 1968. He went on to form the short-lived Blind Faith with Clapton, Steve Winwood and Ric Grech before launching his band Air Force in 1970. Baker has also released numerous solo albums, including his most recent Why? in 2014. He was also the subject of the 2012 documentary, Beware of Mr. Baker.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:32 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Cream’s Ginger Baker is ‘Critically Ill in Hospital’

Rolling Stone Althea Legaspi,Rolling Stone 11 hours ago 
421801860f1c1ba377a61ab31dbb2d9fClick here to read the full article.

Ginger Baker, the cofounder and drummer of Cream, is critically ill and in the hospital, according to a social media post shared by his family on his official Twitter account. No further details regarding his illness have been disclosed.

“The Baker family are sad to announce that Ginger is critically ill in hospital,” the family’s statement reads. “Please keep him in your prayers tonight.”

In 2016, the drummer underwent open heart surgery. Earlier that same year he was forced to cancel a tour with his band Air Force after being diagnosed with “serious heart problems.”

In 2013, he told Rolling Stone that his health was “not good” and that performing left him exhausted. “I’ve got degenerative osteoarthritis, which is extremely painful and I’m on a regiment with a health service pain management control,” he said. “Apart from that I’ve got COPD from smoking.”

Named Number Three on Rolling Stone‘s “100 Greatest Drummers of All Time,” the English drummer cofounded Cream in 1966 with Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce and released four albums before breaking up in 1968. He went on to form the short-lived Blind Faith with Clapton, Steve Winwood and Ric Grech before launching his band Air Force in 1970. Baker has also released numerous solo albums, including his most recent Why? in 2014. He was also the subject of the 2012 documentary, Beware of Mr. Baker.

Poor bloke, I hope he gets well, would hate to lose such a warm and kind man. A true humanitarian he is.