Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

What are the characteristics of this leftist propaganda machine?

Teaching "Julie has Two Mommies" instead of math and chemistry.  Eliminating pronouns for fear of hurting someone's feelings.  Celebrating and promoting "Gender-free Day".  Eliminating Columbus Day celebrations,  ST. Patrick celebrations and the word CHRISTmas from all documentation...to name a few.  

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Teaching "Julie has Two Mommies" instead of math and chemistry.  Eliminating pronouns for fear of hurting someone's feelings.  Celebrating and promoting "Gender-free Day".  Eliminating Columbus Day celebrations,  ST. Patrick celebrations and the word CHRISTmas from all documentation...to name a few.  

When my son graduated from college 2 years ago I had to endure a long and boring speech about how that school was challenging social norms and bringing the fight for social justice to the forefront of the schools mission. There was a part where they celebrated a couple deaf students and we were all asked to make jazz hands instead of clapping because it would be offensive to them to see us applauding.  The big thing I took away form the speech was that if you were part of the majority you were somehow offensive by default.

9 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but most of the people I know living paycheck to paycheck certainly don't have a spare 2k. Especially when you factor in insurance and medical bills. Unless kids today get help from their parents they get stuck in food service or the local factory right out of high school. Having those resources doesn't necessarily mean you have time to come home from a ten hour shift, manage your life, and still have time to schedule in schoolwork as an adult. The best "lower/middle wage" jobs in my area are in the medical field as lab techs, CNA, an RN. I've got RNs in my family and both had to quit their former jobs and literally depend on someone else to keep them up financially until they graduated. Not trying to be overly pessimistic as I know a lot of people simply won't get off their asses for anything, but the bootstraps theory doesn't cut it either. There's an underlying reason why people struggle and laziness isn't always the answer.

My word you are an excuse-generating loser!

Posted (edited)

https://www.criterion.com/films/637-gimme-shelter

Me and my friend Paul saw the film when it opened in San Francisco on Market St. Paul drove a 1966 Olds 442. (It was really too much car for him). 😄 When we got to the theater there were about 50 choppers parked right in front. I'm sure the 'sidewalk commandos' were in their glory standing around the bikes shooing people away and acting all tough. 😄 Inside the theater all the Angels and their 'ol ladies were down in front. Me and Paul sat way in the back. The Angels were hootin' and hollerin' when they saw themselves on screen and a large groan would always come up whenever Jagger was shown.  According to Angel George Christie the Stones eventually ponied up $50,000 to cover Alan Passaro's trial for stabbing Hunter. This movie and event was a total shock to me then as a so-called hippie type, but I personally feel that Marty Balin was a total idiot at the show. Nothing like charging into a hornets nest there, Marty. Again, I am so glad I didn't attend. With all the other world events going on at the time and the country just about torn apart, it was a miracle to have survived it all. I also never took any of the seconal shit that was going around and couldn't believe some of the people I knew who would shoot that shit up and just literally pass out. What was the point? I recently read in Selvin's book that Angel 'Terry The Tramp' was really upset about the concert violence (I don't think he participated in any of it). He eventually dropped out of the club and the next year died from OD'ing (suicide??) on seconals. I most likely saw him at some of the Golden Gate Park concerts. A damned sad ending to the hopeful 60's.

Image result for hells angels terry the tramp/altamont

Edited by redrum

Posted (edited)

Chocolate George was also a friend to the Haight hippies. He was killed riding his bike and this is his funeral procession on Dolores St., which was my old stomping ground. They are all heading to the Colma cemetery. His ashes were scattered over Twin Peaks. 

68144964_130242346384.jpghttps://s.hdnux.com/photos/63/75/35/13621113/3/360x0.jpgImage result for twin peaks, sf

Edited by redrum

3 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

When my son graduated from college 2 years ago I had to endure a long and boring speech about how that school was challenging social norms and bringing the fight for social justice to the forefront of the schools mission. There was a part where they celebrated a couple deaf students and we were all asked to make jazz hands instead of clapping because it would be offensive to them to see us applauding.  The big thing I took away form the speech was that if you were part of the majority you were somehow offensive by default.

That don't even make any sense. Why would deaf people be offended by clapping? Jazz Hands, clapping, a movement is a movement. In fact, clapping is ecumenical as both groups know what it means. Jazz Hands??? I guess the deaf know that means applause but the non-hearing impaired would think the world just turned into High School Musical flash mob shit.

Now I am offended. Next deaf person I see I am gonna clap in their face, and they better like it...or else they won't have to worry about jazz hands, they get the finger.

Those nasty deaf people, always flaunting their superior sense of smell, vision, and tactile perception. Screw them, selfish bastards!!!

22 hours ago, redrum said:

I never wore them, but 'flip flops?'

Think "JAPanese" FLAPS but the way a U.S. Marine grunt would say it in the 1940s... or how Archie Bunker would have said it in the '70s.

58 minutes ago, kipper said:

Think "JAPanese" FLAPS but the way a U.S. Marine grunt would say it in the 1940s... or how Archie Bunker would have said it in the '70s.

Well, I was close. 😄

10 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Teaching "Julie has Two Mommies" instead of math and chemistry.  Eliminating pronouns for fear of hurting someone's feelings.  Celebrating and promoting "Gender-free Day". 

Yeah, you really don't want to upset the LGBQRSTUVWXYZ community. -_- Come to think of it, we had a gorgeous rainbow today that sat low on the horizon.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, redrum said:

The joy of meth.

Image result for consequences of taking meth before and after

Wendy, is that you?

Edited by kipper

On 3/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but most of the people I know living paycheck to paycheck certainly don't have a spare 2k. Especially when you factor in insurance and medical bills. Unless kids today get help from their parents they get stuck in food service or the local factory right out of high school. Having those resources doesn't necessarily mean you have time to come home from a ten hour shift, manage your life, and still have time to schedule in schoolwork as an adult. The best "lower/middle wage" jobs in my area are in the medical field as lab techs, CNA, an RN. I've got RNs in my family and both had to quit their former jobs and literally depend on someone else to keep them up financially until they graduated. Not trying to be overly pessimistic as I know a lot of people simply won't get off their asses for anything, but the bootstraps theory doesn't cut it either. There's an underlying reason why people struggle and laziness isn't always the answer.

So what do you want?  You think you're going to implement change with a vote?  Government can change gears and create something that is "fair" (WTF) for everyone? There is no fair for everyone.

Regardless of who is in power and the policies they push, everyone is responsible for themselves. Success can't be legislated for constituents. Some people can find a way and some can't. It's survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten. No matter what, in spite of their opportunities and circumstances, some good, hard workin' , deservin' folk will always be eaten. It's heartbreaking, but it's true. That's life.

22 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

So what do you want?  You think you're going to implement change with a vote?  Government can change gears and create something that is "fair" (WTF) for everyone? There is no fair for everyone.

Regardless of who is in power and the policies they push, everyone is responsible for themselves. Success can't be legislated for constituents. Some people can find a way and some can't. It's survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten. No matter what, in spite of their opportunities and circumstances, some good, hard workin' , deservin' folk will always be eaten. It's heartbreaking, but it's true. That's life.

Never said it could be fair for everyone and never said there was a perfect answer. All I did is tell you why most people are where they are. I also said some people are too lazy to get off their asses. No truly reasonable person can deny that circumstances and economic structure don't play a part in people's capability and potential to improve their situation. You also can't deny that there are people who get rich by jerking the rug out from others. "Survival of the fittest" or the privileged?

But I'll play the other card as well. A lot of people simply don't take advantage of the privileges they already have. I've seen it countless times as people have kids before they work themselves into a decent job or career. Then they spend the rest of their lives complaining about how much they struggle and how hard life is. I don't feel pity for those folks.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

My word you are an excuse-generating loser!

My word you are an old pedo who stalks underage girls in k-shit (pop) groups. Do you really wanna play this game?

A loser is someone who has nothing better to do than go to a random internet forum and purposely antagonize and troll people with political/conspiracy horseshit because they're too chicken shit to be that person in real life. NAIL HEAD HIT.

edit: I apologise if this hit a little too close to home for you, but let's be honest, you are always public enemy number one when it comes to throwing outright personal insults at people or purposely turning every single discussion into a political rant, which break the forum rules.

Edited by gibsonfan159

20 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I guess societies change and the traditions of the old get pushed to the side, whether you like it or not. Isn't there a Dylan song about this? And I'm sure math and chemistry are still taught. We gotta have people that are skilled at creating new prescriptions to get the next generation hooked on.

Which brings me to a whole new realization- We're shutting down society because a small percentage of old folks are worried about dying from something that is naturally occurring, yet there's been an ongoing epidemic of prescription overdoses for decades now. Strange, isn't it? It's like if those old folks are making millions off of death it's not that important.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

"Survival of the fittest" or the privileged?

A lot of folks who aren't privileged find a way and succeed on their own terms.

The privileged. They need to be cut down to size? How? I'm not necessarily opposed. I just can't wait to hear the plan.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

.Which brings me to a whole new realization- We're shutting down society because a small percentage of old folks are worried about dying from something that is naturally occurring, yet there's been an ongoing epidemic of prescription overdoses for decades now. Strange, isn't it? It's like if those old folks are making millions off of death it's not that important.

Old folks are the problem? You don't want to live to be old someday? And the reward of that journey being self-entitled young folks blaming you for their life not being perfect. And then considering you expendable when a new virus emerges. Is this how you envision your future?

33 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

The privileged. They need to be cut down to size? How? I'm not necessarily opposed. I just can't wait to hear the plan.

Didn't say they needed to be. Again, just stating the cause, not the solution.

25 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Old folks are the problem?

Never said they were. Just that people of any certain group will do what is necessary to protect themselves.

3 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Never said they were. Just that people of any certain group will do what is necessary to protect themselves.

Survival of the fittest?

9 hours ago, kipper said:

Wendy, is that you?

Old, wore out Wendy. (Suzy Creamcheese) Looks like the old hookers that were in SF's Tenderloin.

5 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

This is starting to sound like the lyrics to That's the Way.

Fact is, attitudes like this are exactly why things are so screwed up. Social Darwinism? Be careful, that blade cuts both ways.