Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Social distancing in the Old West.

Good-Bad-Ugly-Trio.jpg.d5ac58f107e1c4e54fffdbf30b713d7d.jpg

No staring.

20 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Survival of the fittest?

Then don't complain when society evolves to jerk money and power out of one group's hands and place it in another's. That's usually the outcome. "Survival of the fittest" is only a euphemistic term in the context of a functioning economy and can quickly turn to rebellion if those on the bottom can't get a leg up because a bigger (wealthier) leg is standing on them. It's almost like nobody learns from history.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Then don't complain when society evolves to jerk money and power out of one group's hands and place it in another's. That's usually the outcome. "Survival of the fittest" is only a euphemistic term in the context of a functioning economy and can quickly turn to rebellion if those on the bottom can't get a leg up because a bigger (wealthier) leg is standing on them. It's almost like nobody learns from history.

Exactly. The laissez faire capitalists are always crowing about survival of the fittest, Social Darwinism in regard to business and economics. Then when the downtrodden and victims of such a system rise up in revolt, seize the reins of power, and conduct purges all of a sudden Social Darwinism is a bad idea. Well, society cannot have it both ways. The fact is, if you ignore or exploit the working class too much, they will revolt and the worm will turn, and not toward a better society as human nature dictates extremes.

Best to help, encourage, and give a fair deal to the working class, to allow them to advance and then EVERYBODY wins. Presidents from FDR to Johnson understood this and we had the greatest economic boon, stability, and upward mobility in the history of this nation during this period.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

12 hours ago, redrum said:

Debris, dead skin and dirt.

This reminds me of a joke that is laugh out loud funny...

What's the worst part of giving Willie Nelson a blow job? Being told afterward, "That's not Willie Nelson".

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

."Survival of the fittest" is only a euphemistic term in the context of a functioning economy and can quickly turn to rebellion if those on the bottom can't get a leg up because a bigger (wealthier) leg is standing on them. It's almost like nobody learns from history.

"Survival of the fittest" doesn't apply to the pilgrims or Lewis & Clark or the astronauts? 

It's not political. It's human. Maybe you're not human. 

3 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Best to help, encourage, and give a fair deal to the working class, to allow them to advance and then EVERYBODY wins. Presidents from FDR to Johnson understood this and we had the greatest economic boon, stability, and upward mobility in the history of this nation during this period.

Hated LBJ, but I still like Ike.

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

What's the worst part of giving Willie Nelson a blow job? Being told afterward, "That's not Willie Nelson".

😄

Image result for far side vultures patience

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 12:44 PM, redrum said:

Old, wore out Wendy. (Suzy Creamcheese) Looks like the old hookers that were in SF's Tenderloin.

Well, she looks a lot better than the slut puppies who used to work the $10 fleabag motels on  Sunset Blvd Hollywood  between Highland and Poinsettia back in the '70s.  All the "good stuff" was further down in West Hollywood.  But the real deals were down on Santa Monica Blvd if you likey boys too LOL. And no, they aren't real cowboys haha!

Had a cousin who lived in 'Pork Gulch' in the '80s. I thought it a little seedy but I hear it is gentrified now with expensive apartments... if you can stand the smell of homeless poop.

Edited by kipper

The 1977 Seattle Kingdome audience tape is a much more pleasant listen than the usual video/soundboard tape. 

Which is why I don't pine for 1977 Forum soundboards. They won't sound better than the Millard tapes and certainly won't make the shows sound better. 

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Well, she looks a lot better than the slut puppies who used to work the $10 fleabag motels on  Sunset Blvd Hollywood  between Highland and Poinsettia back in the '70s.  All the "good stuff" was further down in West Hollywood.  But the real deals were down on Santa Monica Blvd if you likey boys too LOL. And no, they aren't real cowboys haha!

Had a cousin who lived in 'Pork Gulch' in the '80s. I thought it a little seedy but I hear it is gentrified now with expensive apartments... if you can stand the smell of homeless poop.

I remember seeing a good looking one (from behind, anyway) in the Tenderloin and when we passed and looked at her, her face looked mummified. 😨

Image result for the mummy 1932

1 hour ago, Strider said:

The 1977 Seattle Kingdome audience tape is a much more pleasant listen than the usual video/soundboard tape. 

Which is why I don't pine for 1977 Forum soundboards. They won't sound better than the Millard tapes and certainly won't make the shows sound better. 

Nah mate, SB's would be brilliant because...

1. Sue, or Lirio, or one of those clever buggers could turn it into something much more listenable.

2. A matrix with LTTE done right might well be BEAST.

13 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

That is indeed laugh out loud!!!

11 hours ago, Strider said:

Millard recordings are special and part of our DNA, but to have 6/23, or any LA "77 show, as a soundboard, to have a new point of reference for these magical evenings.. and not be interested... uh...

13 hours ago, redrum said:

I remember seeing a good looking one (from behind, anyway) in the Tenderloin and when we passed and looked at her, her face looked mummified. 😨

Image result for the mummy 1932

You have to get them early in their careers.  Good idea is to tip your local chicken hawk to know when fresh meat is coming in a the bus depot.

tumblr_oa201bU8G31s3mivlo1_400.jpg

4 hours ago, kipper said:

You have to get them early in their careers.  Good idea is to tip your local chicken hawk to know when fresh meat is coming in a the bus depot.

tumblr_oa201bU8G31s3mivlo1_400.jpg

Ratso Rizzo. He'll hook you up. 😄

28 minutes ago, redrum said:

Ratso Rizzo. He'll hook you up. 😄

Yep!

5b770a17ddb8b-fy1g28n204.jpg

She's between a rock and a hard place.

Critics At Large : Things Went Down: Joel Selvin's Altamont

On 1/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Putin...in Russia, weather does not spoil Putin, Putin spoils weather.:drumz:

Rhuthenophobia?

Posted (edited)

I went on a hike. There were more people in my house than were in the mountains.

Edited by Strider

On 3/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, rm2551 said:

Nah mate, SB's would be brilliant because...

1. Sue, or Lirio, or one of those clever buggers could turn it into something much more listenable.

2. A matrix with LTTE done right might well be BEAST.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:00 AM, Badgeholder Still said:

Millard recordings are special and part of our DNA, but to have 6/23, or any LA "77 show, as a soundboard, to have a new point of reference for these magical evenings.. and not be interested... uh...

If it was the quality of a 1975 soundboard, yes. But every 1977 soundboard I have heard sounds like shit and makes the band sound thin and weak.

Even Millard's tapes don't do justice. No tape, audience or soundboard, does. But at least the 1975 soundboards have some weight, some heft to them.