Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Put them up against a wall perhaps.

The Bible Belt existed long before California and they'll still exist long after California collapses into bankruptcy and anarchy. 

+1 Exactly

(don’t forget the earthquakes, wildfires & future hail, frogs, locusts, brimstone, blood, etc)

R😎

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reids said:

+1 Exactly

(don’t forget the earthquakes, wildfires & future hail, frogs, locusts, brimstone, blood, etc)

R😎

I'll take that bet. I've been hearing that doomsday shit ever since I was born.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strider said:

So move.

I did. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Strider said:

I'll take that bet. I've been hearing that doomsday shit ever since I was born.

Well, since a number of earthquakes and fires have already happened there, the rest are ahead (in more frequency and intensity). It’s not doomsday; it’s what’s been written. So, Be prepared. Scoffers and mockers were also foretold, long beforehand. Too many other things have already happened historically for it to be a coincidence of all that has and is happening. 
 

R😎

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Strider said:

So move. Whine whine whine. If you hate it in California so much, move to Meth Lab, Arkansas or Oxycontinville, West Virginia. I'll put California's congress and senate members up against any other state's. Especially that cretin Mitch McConnell and his craven pals. Half the states in the Bible Belt wouldn't even be able to exist if it wasn't for the money California pumps into the economy and the aid it provides to other states.

 

California used to be red state Strider, so why should I need to move? For forty years after FDR/Truman  California was a conservative stronghold while all of those so called "bible belt" and Southern Democrat states were still voting for segregation candidates. And BTW,  most of the country was behind FDR during the depression  and WW2-- democrats were not always liberals.

So  I was here long before there was a libtard supermajority in our State house. Long enough to remember Ronald Reagan, George Dukemajian, Pete Wilson.  So despite your belief that California was always a hippy dippy state it wasn't.  Unchecked immigration and chain migration since 1965 as well as tons of liberals from all over the country MOVING here is what made the politics here a shit hole, it wasn't the legacy of the people who actually built this state. So why wouldn't I have a right to complain?  You need to poke your head out the record shop a little more.

But California was already on a slow and steady economic decline despite the so called "high times" being claimed. This little problem with unfunded public employee pension looming ahead will take this state down as soon as interest rates climb up. With the exodus of older retired Californians and there retirement portfolios as well as the changing demographics--- who is going to pay for all of those unfunded liabilities in the future here?  You think your $15 part time Starbucks workers are going to be able to sustain the tax base like all who are leaving?  And mark my words, many more will leave after this virus thing too. So the choice here will be to massively raise taxes in the years ahead---- are you going to be the one paying them?  If you really think California will always be a "donor state' I wouldn't bank on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reids said:

Well, since a number of earthquakes and fires have already happened there, the rest are ahead (in more frequency and intensity). It’s not doomsday; it’s what’s been written. So, Be prepared. Scoffers and mockers were also foretold, long beforehand. Too many other things have already happened historically for it to be a coincidence of all that has and is happening. 
 

R😎

Oh just stop with this religious crap, how about you re-read the forum rules. Better yet, post this garbage on Jim Bakker's website where all the other delusional weirdo's hang out. If you want to believe in a god that is your right, but please don't spread that shit around here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, kipper said:

California used to be red state Strider, so why should I need to move? For forty years after FDR/Truman  California was a conservative stronghold while all of those so called "bible belt" and Southern Democrat states were still voting for segregation candidates. And BTW,  most of the country was behind FDR during the depression  and WW2-- democrats were not always liberals.

So  I was here long before there was a libtard supermajority in our State house. Long enough to remember Ronald Reagan, George Dukemajian, Pete Wilson.  So despite your belief that California was always a hippy dippy state it wasn't.  Unchecked immigration and chain migration since 1965 as well as tons of liberals from all over the country MOVING here is what made the politics here a shit hole, it wasn't the legacy of the people who actually built this state. So why wouldn't I have a right to complain?  You need to poke your head out the record shop a little more.

But California was already on a slow and steady economic decline despite the so called "high times" being claimed. This little problem with unfunded public employee pension looming ahead will take this state down as soon as interest rates climb up. With the exodus of older retired Californians and there retirement portfolios as well as the changing demographics--- who is going to pay for all of those unfunded liabilities in the future here?  You think your $15 part time Starbucks workers are going to be able to sustain the tax base like all who are leaving?  And mark my words, many more will leave after this virus thing too. So the choice here will be to massively raise taxes in the years ahead---- are you going to be the one paying them?  If you really think California will always be a "donor state' I wouldn't bank on it.

Kip, this is today, not 80 years ago. If you don't like a particular place today then why not move somewhere that fits your needs and ideologies better? I live in Flagstaff Arizona and like Cali, Northern AZ is liberal but everything south of Verde Valley is hard core conservative until you get south of Phoenix and are around Tucson so the majority of Arizonians are conservative. Also, out taxes are crazy low which is why the blue-hairs love it here. The elderly don't give a single shit about how bad the schools are, how congested the roads are, that the unemployment max weekly payout is only $240 a week (has been this rate since 1991), there are zero employee protections, and most people make shit wages. But the old folks are retired so none of that matters to them.

So if you don't like Cali then move, and I don't mean that in a nasty GTFO kind of way but in a genuinely concerned perspective. I would hate to live in a conservative place so I moved to Flagstaff from Phoenix. I would really love to live in Oregon but my step-kids are here so thus I must stay for now. Another couple of really well managed conservative states are NH & ME and they are beautiful as well.

So people can call me a dirty hippy bastard for my beliefs and perspectives, that's fair, but I have to live in a place where I am comfortable. There is no perfect place, just places that are better suited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Oh just stop with this religious crap, how about you re-read the forum rules. Better yet, post this garbage on Jim Bakker's website where all the other delusional weirdo's hang out. If you want to believe in a god that is your right, but please don't spread that shit around here.

Wait.. did LP Man/Peace Frog post this? Nobody has posted more religious bullshit here than you. It's not even close. Throw in your ongoing rabble rousing dirty hippie politics and you are, as previously cited, clueless to the point. Please. Feel free to re-read the forum rules your damn self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Oh just stop with this religious crap, how about you re-read the forum rules. Better yet, post this garbage on Jim Bakker's website where all the other delusional weirdo's hang out. If you want to believe in a god that is your right, but please don't spread that shit around here.

 

Stop posting your Secular Humanism (Religious) stuff here on the forum and attacking everyone who doesn’t see life the same way you do on EVERY subject. I speak of history and facts. There’s Nothing Peaceful about you, as I see your rants everyday. Go away Troll and hide under that rock or confounded bridge you’ll need for protection later. 
 

R😎  

2BF02ED4-C31D-4371-B75F-E20807283F83.jpeg

Edited by reids

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reids said:

Stop posting your Secular Humanism (Religious) stuff here on the forum and attacking everyone who doesn’t see life the same way you do on EVERY subject. I speak of history and facts. There’s Nothing Peaceful about you, as I see your rants everyday. Go away Troll and hide under that rock or confounded bridge you’ll need for protection later. 
 

R😎  

2BF02ED4-C31D-4371-B75F-E20807283F83.jpeg

I'll take The Salvation Army over the Symbionese Liberation Army any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kipper said:

California used to be red state Strider, so why should I need to move? For forty years after FDR/Truman  California was a conservative stronghold while all of those so called "bible belt" and Southern Democrat states were still voting for segregation candidates. And BTW,  most of the country was behind FDR during the depression  and WW2-- democrats were not always liberals.

So  I was here long before there was a libtard supermajority in our State house. Long enough to remember Ronald Reagan, George Dukemajian, Pete Wilson.  So despite your belief that California was always a hippy dippy state it wasn't.  Unchecked immigration and chain migration since 1965 as well as tons of liberals from all over the country MOVING here is what made the politics here a shit hole, it wasn't the legacy of the people who actually built this state. So why wouldn't I have a right to complain?  You need to poke your head out the record shop a little more.

But California was already on a slow and steady economic decline despite the so called "high times" being claimed. This little problem with unfunded public employee pension looming ahead will take this state down as soon as interest rates climb up. With the exodus of older retired Californians and there retirement portfolios as well as the changing demographics--- who is going to pay for all of those unfunded liabilities in the future here?  You think your $15 part time Starbucks workers are going to be able to sustain the tax base like all who are leaving?  And mark my words, many more will leave after this virus thing too. So the choice here will be to massively raise taxes in the years ahead---- are you going to be the one paying them?  If you really think California will always be a "donor state' I wouldn't bank on it.

California wasn't always a hippy dippy paradise? No! California used to be a red state? Say it ain't so, Flo! :slapface:

Puhhlease...this is old news. I grew up in Orange County, ferchrissakes. I voted for Ronald Reagan. I have traversed this Golden State north south east west more times than I can count.

Let's make a deal, kip. I won't assume what you believe and you do the same for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redrum said:

I'll take The Salvation Army over the Symbionese Liberation Army any day.

+ 1 

R😎👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Wait.. did LP Man/Peace Frog post this? Nobody has posted more religious bullshit here than you. It's not even close. Throw in your ongoing rabble rousing dirty hippie politics and you are, as previously cited, clueless to the point. Please. Feel free to re-read the forum rules your damn self

In the past I have posted rebuttals to other peoples posts on religion, or talked religion on a historical basis with other members but I have NEVER posted anything of a religious nature whereby I say what I believe is the only truth. 

Once again the religious right wants it both ways, free to cram their belief as truth while also claiming alternate viewpoints as unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, reids said:

Stop posting your Secular Humanism (Religious) stuff here on the forum and attacking everyone who doesn’t see life the same way you do on EVERY subject. I speak of history and facts. There’s Nothing Peaceful about you, as I see your rants everyday. Go away Troll and hide under that rock or confounded bridge you’ll need for protection later. 
 

R😎  

2BF02ED4-C31D-4371-B75F-E20807283F83.jpeg

Why is it that most religious people either cannot read or cannot comprehend? How can I be a secular humanist if I am agnostic? I have a friend who is a secular humanist and he, like ALL secular humanists are atheist (do not believe in god period).

How can you claim christianity, or any religion is either historically accurate or factual? All religion is devoid of facts, hence the need the requirement for faith. Belief in any religion is no different than belief in the Easter Bunny, UFO's or Bigfoot as none can be proven and there is no evidence, none, zero in regard to a god. One can argue the historical veracity of christian, buddhist, muslim, shinto, etc. philosophy but one cannot argue the existence of a god from a factual perspective.

I honestly have no problem or issue with religion or faith if through that faith one becomes a better person and lives a better life, especially regarding helping others above ones own needs. I actually respect those who actually walk the walk compared to the cafeteria religious who essentially don't follow a religion but instead weave their own patchwork from the stories and passages from their religion they like while ignoring or dismissing that which they do not. What I do have a problem with is people who claim that their belief is the one true belief and all others are BS, including secular humanism, and cram their belief down the throats of others.

You want to believe in Jesus, good for you, bully sir! But if you are going to claim your belief is absolute truth, tell your story walking.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Strider said:

California wasn't always a hippy dippy paradise? No! California used to be a red state? Say it ain't so, Flo! :slapface:

Puhhlease...this is old news. I grew up in Orange County, ferchrissakes. I voted for Ronald Reagan. I have traversed this Golden State north south east west more times than I can count.

Let's make a deal, kip. I won't assume what you believe and you do the same for me.

Hey Strider,  EVERYBODY voted for Ronald Reagan pretty much--- especially in '84.  Voting for Reagan doesn't make one a conservative, it just meant that they knew Jimmy Carter was loser and Mondale even worse.

So why did you leave the beautiful OC to move to Hollyweird? LOL!  Just kiddin.  Newport Beach, Huntington,

Hey you called me out. Said I ought to move out of Kali because I gripe about the stupid politics. Not me, I ain't leaving. Just because this place had been invaded doesn't mean I don't love the state---- BEST state in Union. Beaches, mountains, forests, deserts.  No place compares even as a few large metropolis areas are dragging things down.  SF is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. San Diego too.  Even L.A. you can't beat our sunset views from coastline or the foothills.  Maybe this plague will heal this state--- get us back to where we used to be.    California is the place--- the best place--- all politics aside... I ain't leaving. I've seen the rest of the country. Even states with beaches don't have our weather. I always laugh at people from NYC that talk about Florida being the place to be. I've been to Flori-DUH.... it's a swamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Kip, this is today, not 80 years ago. If you don't like a particular place today then why not move somewhere that fits your needs and ideologies better? I live in Flagstaff Arizona and like Cali, Northern AZ is liberal but everything south of Verde Valley is hard core conservative until you get south of Phoenix and are around Tucson so the majority of Arizonians are conservative. Also, out taxes are crazy low which is why the blue-hairs love it here. The elderly don't give a single shit about how bad the schools are, how congested the roads are, that the unemployment max weekly payout is only $240 a week (has been this rate since 1991), there are zero employee protections, and most people make shit wages. But the old folks are retired so none of that matters to them.

So if you don't like Cali then move, and I don't mean that in a nasty GTFO kind of way but in a genuinely concerned perspective. I would hate to live in a conservative place so I moved to Flagstaff from Phoenix. I would really love to live in Oregon but my step-kids are here so thus I must stay for now. Another couple of really well managed conservative states are NH & ME and they are beautiful as well.

So people can call me a dirty hippy bastard for my beliefs and perspectives, that's fair, but I have to live in a place where I am comfortable. There is no perfect place, just places that are better suited. 

Good lord--- Flagstaff!   Where do you eat in Flagstaff?  They got like Denny's and two other places.  Hot there in the summer too, and freezing cold in the winter. I know Flagstaff, Flagstaff is a place people pass through on the way to Los Angeles or Chicago.  Flagstaff, ABQ, Amarillo, OKC----good lordy... do people actually want to live in those places?

I was in Prescott a couple of years ago. Got a kick out of having an ice cream at the shop where Billy Jack had a fight. Nice place--- very conservative--- but again--- no good restaurants. Had to drive to Sedona for a good dinner---- and that place is as hippy dippy as any coastal city in the bay area. Just weird..... but beautiful scenery.

Best thing about AZ are the good gun laws. But who knows how long that will last?  AZ like Texas will be turning blue inside of 10 years.  It's all in the demographic trends. Old white people are just dying off.

Nope, I'm staying here. One day I'll be like Charlton Heston in the Omega Man.

 

hqdefault.jpg

 

I'm staying here...

 

bigstock-Surf-City-Huntington-Beach-Pie-

Edited by kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kipper said:

Good lord--- Flagstaff!   Where do you eat in Flagstaff?  They got like Denny's and two other places.  Hot there in the summer too, and freezing cold in the winter. I know Flagstaff, Flagstaff is a place people pass through on the way to Los Angeles or Chicago.  Flagstaff, ABQ, Amarillo, OKC----good lordy... do people actually want to live in those places?

I was in Prescott a couple of years ago. Got a kick out of having an ice cream at the shop where Billy Jack had a fight. Nice place--- very conservative--- but again--- no good restaurants. Had to drive to Sedona for a good dinner---- and that place is as hippy dippy as any coastal city in the bay area. Just weird..... but beautiful scenery.

Best thing about AZ are the good gun laws. But who knows how long that will last?  AZ like Texas will be turning blue inside of 10 years.  It's all in the demographic trends. Old white people are just dying off.

Nope, I'm staying here. One day I'll be like Charlton Heston in the Omega Man.

 

hqdefault.jpg

 

I'm staying here...

 

bigstock-Surf-City-Huntington-Beach-Pie-

Where do I eat? Nowhere, as everything is closed due to the Coronavirus.

But seriously, we have a very thriving downtown with several very good restaurants and bars. I can't say it is either cold in the winter as winter temps are typically in the 20's & 30's during the day and around 15 - 20 at night. I am from Chicago so I am used to -30 below zero and a wind chill of -80 below...that's cold. Summers get up around the 70's but we do get a few 80 degree days but not many so actually pretty temperate. What I don't like about Flagstaff is they have built the whole damn town around the university instead of encouraging real businesses to come in and offer well paying jobs. City council pretty much does whatever NAU wants but now several groups have organized against such a one-sided approach and are demanding economic diversification. Who knows, it ain't perfect. If I was not married I would leave this state in a heartbeat, I only stay because of my wife and her kids. Oh well, we all sleep in the bed we make.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Where do I eat? Nowhere, as everything is closed due to the Coronavirus.

But seriously, we have a very thriving downtown with several very good restaurants and bars. I can't say it is either cold in the winter as winter temps are typically in the 20's & 30's during the day and around 15 - 20 at night. I am from Chicago so I am used to -30 below zero and a wind chill of -80 below...that's cold. Summers get up around the 70's but we do get a few 80 degree days but not many so actually pretty temperate. What I don't like about Flagstaff is they have built the whole damn town around the university instead of encouraging real businesses to come in and offer well paying jobs. City council pretty much does whatever NAU wants but now several groups have organized against such a one-sided approach and are demanding economic diversification. Who knows, it ain't perfect. If I was not married I would leave this state in a heartbeat, I only stay because of my wife and her kids. Oh well, we all sleep in the bed we make.

Don't get me wrong. Flagstaff isn't a horrible place, but it seems to me one of those places with two vastly different kinds of folks. You have as you point out your NAU people (progressives and young people) and then a bunch of 'good 'ole boy' horseback riding pick up truck people.... well, other than your California middle aged retirement aged transplants pissing everyone else off.

When I pass through Flagstaff I usually eat at Salsa Brava  a place I found On 'Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives".  When I was kid the Flagstaff stop was all about Stuckey's and gassing up and getting a pecan roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Why is it that most religious people either cannot read or cannot comprehend? How can I be a secular humanist if I am agnostic? I have a friend who is a secular humanist and he, like ALL secular humanists are atheist (do not believe in god period).

How can you claim christianity, or any religion is either historically accurate or factual? All religion is devoid of facts, hence the need the requirement for faith. Belief in any religion is no different than belief in the Easter Bunny, UFO's or Bigfoot as none can be proven and there is no evidence, none, zero in regard to a god. One can argue the historical veracity of christian, buddhist, muslim, shinto, etc. philosophy but one cannot argue the existence of a god from a factual perspective.

I honestly have no problem or issue with religion or faith if through that faith one becomes a better person and lives a better life, especially regarding helping others above ones own needs. I actually respect those who actually walk the walk compared to the cafeteria religious who essentially don't follow a religion but instead weave their own patchwork from the stories and passages from their religion they like while ignoring or dismissing that which they do not. What I do have a problem with is people who claim that their belief is the one true belief and all others are BS, including secular humanism, and cram their belief down the throats of others.

You want to believe in Jesus, good for you, bully sir! But if you are going to claim your belief is absolute truth, tell your story walking.

You asked questions (above).
Here are the answers to your questions: 

https://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html


https://philippians1v21.wordpress.com/why-believe-in-jesus/why-christianity-is-not-a-religion/

https://www.exploregod.com/articles/was-jesus-resurrected
 

https://parish.rcdow.org.uk/swisscottage/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2014/11/44-Prophecies-Jesus-Christ-Fulfilled.pdf

Former Atheist Yale Lawyer from Chicago:  https://leestrobel.com/about 

R😎

A24A12E6-749E-4B84-8B5D-9DC9466F7678.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kipper said:

Had to drive to Sedona for a good dinner---- and that place is as hippy dippy as any coastal city in the bay area. 

AZ was invaded from the South by illegals, from the West by hippy dipshits who can't afford to live in Southern CA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, how I'd love to be there right now with my fishin' pole (and checking out the honeys like I used to do in Santa Cruz). :)

bigstock-Surf-City-Huntington-Beach-Pie-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hometown. Oh, pooh! Thanks, Nancy, Dianne and Gavin. How about a song from Melon-Head Mellencamp about my town? 🥴

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kipper said:

Don't get me wrong. Flagstaff isn't a horrible place, but it seems to me one of those places with two vastly different kinds of folks. You have as you point out your NAU people (progressives and young people) and then a bunch of 'good 'ole boy' horseback riding pick up truck people.... well, other than your California middle aged retirement aged transplants pissing everyone else off.

When I pass through Flagstaff I usually eat at Salsa Brava  a place I found On 'Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives".  When I was kid the Flagstaff stop was all about Stuckey's and gassing up and getting a pecan roll.

Damn I love Salsa Brave, good food and always happy staff.

Flag is very diverse however the groups are very different. Most of NAU's student body are out of state, the children of the affluent who could not qualify for the universities in Cali or other places so they send them to NAU which has an 87% acceptance rate (if you have a pulse, you get in). As a result, many of the students are entitled little twats driving around in brand new 80k cars who think they can do whatever they want. Then you have the part-timers who are mostly older, retired or semi-retired and mostly conservative. Finally you have the locals who are just nice, middle of the road / centrist liberals. You can tell who belongs to what group pretty quickly.

Next time you pass through PM me and I will take you and your family out to dinner. There is a place downtown I really like called Josephine's which is just amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

AZ was invaded from the South by illegals, from the West by hippy dipshits who can't afford to live in Southern CA.

You know about as much regarding AZ as I do regarding Kobe. The majority of AZ is conservative and always has been, only Flag & Tucson and south of Tucson are liberal and centrist liberal at that. Except for Sedona which is just a weird place in general and Sedona is a divided town and not divided by politics in any way. The majority of Sedona residents are conservative and very wealthy, what they are divided on is development. Half want the town to stay small, the other half want it to grow. The hippy shops are almost exclusively owned by either Urantians (yes, a weird religious sect) or followers of the Baha'i faith (a little less weird than the Urantians) and those people are way, way out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...