Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

20 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

In the past I have posted rebuttals to other peoples posts on religion, or talked religion on a historical basis with other members but I have NEVER posted anything of a religious nature whereby I say what I believe is the only truth. 

Once again the religious right wants it both ways, free to cram their belief as truth while also claiming alternate viewpoints as unacceptable.

Ok, if you say so..

On 4/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Oh just stop with this religious crap, how about you re-read the forum rules. Better yet, post this garbage on Jim Bakker's website where all the other delusional weirdo's hang out. If you want to believe in a god that is your right, but please don't spread that shit around here.

It's become well known that history is written by the victors. Just ask a Native American about Manifest Destiny. Your interpretation of history might not carry the weight you think it does, when presented as a rebuttal or otherwise.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

The majority of AZ is conservative and always has been, only Flag & Tucson and south of Tucson are liberal and centrist liberal at that. 

I didn't claim otherwise. I've spent plenty of time in AZ, which doesn't make me an expert, it just makes you wrong about me (again).

By the time I got to Phoenix it was 120* in the shay-ade.

Hottest day in Phoenix history happened 25 years ago

On 4/7/2020 at 9:01 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Damn I love Salsa Brave, good food and always happy staff.

Flag is very diverse however the groups are very different. Most of NAU's student body are out of state, the children of the affluent who could not qualify for the universities in Cali or other places so they send them to NAU which has an 87% acceptance rate (if you have a pulse, you get in). As a result, many of the students are entitled little twats driving around in brand new 80k cars who think they can do whatever they want. Then you have the part-timers who are mostly older, retired or semi-retired and mostly conservative. Finally you have the locals who are just nice, middle of the road / centrist liberals. You can tell who belongs to what group pretty quickly.

Next time you pass through PM me and I will take you and your family out to dinner. There is a place downtown I really like called Josephine's which is just amazing.

Sounds Good! 

Last time I did a stay over near there it was in Williams on a trip to the Grand Canyon. Did the train thing--- a lot fun. The other site which is amazing to me is Meteor Crater. I find it interesting that it is on private land. Pretty cool.

My all time favorite Southwest city to find good food is Santa Fe. I could just spend a week there eating tamales and hatch chili sauce.

I love the Southwest, but I still need to be near the ocean.  The beach is my "reset". Just seeing the sun glimmering off the Pacific lowers my blood pressure. One of my favorite spots is having a Mai Tai in the upstairs bar at Tony's on Redondo Pier. 

weozrmudrsabobuqh3zg.jpg

image.jpg

2862203858_c0dd2fd154_z.jpg

Bernie is out!

Bernie-Sanders-10-scaled.jpg?auto=format

4 hours ago, kipper said:

Bernie is out!

Bernie-Sanders-10-scaled.jpg?auto=format

Adios, muchacho.

Don't you just love coming up on a group (or even a single rider) of the Spandex Mafia types who act like they own the whole damned road? I personally feel that all bicycle riders should have license plates, registration and insurance, just like the rest of us. They really are one of the worst damned road hazards out there, and with the current state of dwindled traffic the assholes seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Jerks.

Spandex Mafia - The Campfire - CouesWhitetail.com Discussion forum

I bicycle to work everyday...even in the winter time...and have been doing it for 21 years.  I agree, I HATE the Spandex Mafia and can't count the number of times I've hurled epitaphs at them for their behavior.  I NEVER ride alongside another bicyclist (let alone 2 or 3 like the mafia packs do), I stop at all stop signs, I use my hand signals, I always wave a car through at 4-way stops - even if I was there first, and I've NEVER WORN spandex!! 

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I bicycle to work everyday...even in the winter time...and have been doing it for 21 years.  I agree, I HATE the Spandex Mafia and can't count the number of times I've hurled epitaphs at them for their behavior.  I NEVER ride alongside another bicyclist (let alone 2 or 3 like the mafia packs do), I stop at all stop signs, I use my hand signals, I always wave a car through at 4-way stops - even if I was there first, and I've NEVER WORN spandex!! 

:goodpost: I can't drive so always cycle. I totally agree with everything you say man. Bane of everyone's existence where we live as we have country lanes and roads and the Spandex Mafia take up most of it, especially on the weekend. They cause more traffic chaos than tractors

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Yep, hate those degenerate bastards! I bike as often as I can, road & mountain and like you I do the same. But these spandex ass-hats are something else.

9 hours ago, redrum said:

Don't you just love coming up on a group (or even a single rider) of the Spandex Mafia types who act like they own the whole damned road? I personally feel that all bicycle riders should have license plates, registration and insurance, just like the rest of us. They really are one of the worst damned road hazards out there, and with the current state of dwindled traffic the assholes seem to be coming out of the woodwork. Jerks.

Typically entitled assclowns they are. But the upside is they are a great source of much needed organ donations. Fuck them!

If these assclowns actually thought through their bad behavior they would conclude that wolf packing like that on a rural road where cars coming up behind cannot pass (because the bicyclists refuse to move over single file)--- what could very likely be the result is a driver become impatient and then passes them crossing over the double yellow line and quite possible encountering another oncoming driver and having an accident.  And if these bike asshole thought about that; then there is also a possibilty of another group of bikers coming the other way doing the  same thing, and then suddenly THESE GUYS are dealing with a car or truck across the double yellow in the opposite direction coming right at them.

The ONLY thing that cures this kind of bad behavior is DEATH;  the underscore for bad decision and bad behavior.  And the saddest thing about that will be the damage to someone's car that the insurance company probably won't fix.

I agree Red, until bicyclists pay taxes and fees like drivers, they should always have fewer rights on the roads. 

I ride my bike often down at the beach, but only on dedicated bike trails where there are no cars. Anyone with half a brain knows that with distracted drivers on cell phones anyone on a bicycle believing they will safely coexist in the same space is just a statistic waiting to happen. In this scenario the only "law" that matters will be 'Newton's Law'....well, that and Darwin's thoughts on the situation applies as well.

Here is a great video example of stupid entitled bicycle riders.  In this video the truck driver is signalling for a right turn but the woman on the bicycle clearly IGNORES all basic common sense and rules of the road--- the same rules that would apply to a car.  TRUCKS MAKE WIDE TURNS and everybody older that 16 years old knows that. So besides the fact that the bicyclist is riding in the blind spot of a tractor trailer--- she gambled anyway and died as a result. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiTBNmladdg

All X's at 1,000 yards. Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock would be proud.

1000 YARD SHOOTER.jpg

1000 YARD TARGET GROUP.jpg

16 hours ago, redrum said:

Doesn't look like they are social distancing. May they all get Covid-19.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Doesn't look like they are social distancing. May they all get Covid-19.

This would fix them

walking-dead-elantra.jpg

4 hours ago, kipper said:

This would fix them

walking-dead-elantra.jpg

:thumbsup: Bring back The Road Warrior.

Road Warrior'ing on the Fury Road. | I Can't Possibly Be Wrong All ...

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, kipper said:

This would fix them

walking-dead-elantra.jpg

and to think their death will come via a Hyundai of all things. Reminds me of the scene in City of Angels where idiot Meg Ryan is biking on a public road, closes her eyes, puts arms out in shape of cross and then, cresting the hill is a truck which flattens her stupid ass. What a dope and what a crappy movie. The German version of the movie (Wings of Desire) is much better.

Edited by PeaceFrogYum

Happy Easter to those so inclined! 

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 3:13 AM, redrum said:

I did. 😁

I escaped from California too (born and raised in Orange County). No regrets. The only thing I really miss is the food 😅

Edited by Daeron

1 hour ago, Daeron said:

I escaped from California too (born and raised in Orange County). No regrets. The only thing I really miss is the food 😅

I've been gone 20 years. Left the crappy bay area and never looked back, but I do miss going to Santa Cruz and Monterey.

Posted (edited)

This epidemic is a very horrible and sad thing, may you all avoid it. I hope good medicines are made very quickly and mass produced quickly as well.  I've worked at my job for 14 years and we had to close a couple of weeks ago until this is over. I've been wanting a vacation but wanted or not, I'm taking one now, so I will use the time to do projects I've wanted to do around my place. 👍 Started growing a beard, got the Grizzly Adams thing going. And the skies just look absolutely clear and beautiful. Great to get the home stereo going! Get the turntable rolling.

Edited by luvlz2

26 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Not praising the pandemic, but there have been a few silver linings from it imo.

Perhaps the biggest to me is all the political/racial hatred that was spewing from the media stopped for the most part. What a blessing that has been imo.

Next imo is work. Up until the pandemic started I've been bitching about wanting a vacation, and now it look like I have my wish. It's been two weeks since I got laid off but it's already driving me nuts and I can't wait to work again. I know it's important though that we don't try to restart things too quickly. So I have plenty of time now to do projects around the house that I've been wanting to do! 👍

And the third is the clean and clear skies, it's just beautiful. I feel like I've went back in time to the 80s. 😄

Just an awful thing this pandemic is and hope you're all okay and that we get back on our feet quickly!

You've GOT to be joking right?  The media has been blaming Trump for this crisis since the first casualty!  Every headline continues to find a way to fault the President in this!

4 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

You've GOT to be joking right?  The media has been blaming Trump for this crisis since the first casualty!  Every headline continues to find a way to fault the President in this!

Gee, I wonder why?

41 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Gee, I wonder why?

Yup. Facts are facts and words actually mean something. 

7 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Sleepy Joe and Barack will save them.

11 minutes ago, redrum said:

Sleepy Joe and Barack will save them.

Joe unfortunately has dementia. It will be a miracle if he gets in and works that job for 4 years with full mental faculties. Especially considering he already is clearly compromised.