Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

Hi 'Oracle'

You are right, the Sardonicus thread is gone:unsure:. Wow. Like a thief in the night:blink:. Maybe it was all that 'Devil talk', I sure hope it wasn't my fault because I said sometihng on there about the Kennedys?

Toni

The cops sent me a photo of me running a red light. So to be fair I sent them a photo of my check.

I don't think that's fair. They shouldn't be able to send you tickets for things you did without them catching you in person--it's too big brother. It's a traffic violation, dangit! (Coming from the girl who has had a few too many tickets in the past 24 months...and they caught me in person.)

This remembered me a joke:

The cops sent the guy a traffic violation ticket and the picture of his car; the guy sent to the police a picture with 20 dollars; the cops sent him a picture with a pair of handcuffs; the guy went and pay the bill...

Or was it real?

I don't think that's fair. They shouldn't be able to send you tickets for things you did without them catching you in person--it's too big brother. It's a traffic violation, dangit! (Coming from the girl who has had a few too many tickets in the past 24 months...and they caught me in person.)

It is big brother, I assume your reference to 1984?, and its only going to get worse. Governement control. And living in larger cities is a disadvantage. As they have been implemented their first. I had a cop chew my ass for reading a paper while driving. I told him I was watching the road too. Ha. He said "what was so important for you to be reading while driving? I followed you all the way down 441 (a local route). When he saw the racing forms on my frontt seat I thought, man am I screwed now!!. Yikes. Its now a crime to talk on a cell phone. But not yet to eat a sandwich or drrink a legal beverage or even read. He wanted to give me a ticket soooo bad but knew he would lose. I have beaten the pricks 5 straight times. 1 stop sign, one seat belt, two cell phones, and one that I wont mention. Fucking Pigs!!!!! Oink Oink.:buttsmack:

This remembered me a joke:

The cops sent the guy a traffic violation ticket and the picture of his car; the guy sent to the police a picture with 20 dollars; the cops sent him a picture with a pair of handcuffs; the guy went and pay the bill...

Or was it real?

Yes i have heard about people doing that exact samething on the news before somebody posted something similar to that on this board not too long ago

I'm upset.

So coming home from Band Camp, my dad told me he talked to my counselor about my language being changed from Spanish to German (You see, I changed that actually a couple weeks into summer) and he told me that they couldn't put me in the class becuase only 25 people can be in it. I cried for the whole car ride home. I mean, I wanted to take German all 4 years, it was my plan to go study in Germany after highschool, and the stupid board of education ruined that for me because they made a law where only 25 kids can be in a class. It's a dumb law. I get that there's overcrowiding in schools, but its too the point where one of my friends doesn't even have a world language because all of them are "full". If everyone can't get into a specific class because its "full" that must be a problem. Now, either if someone switches out of German, i'll be the first one in, or I can take it next year and only take German for 3 years.

Thank you board of education, my parents pay you taxes and even a quarter of your salary and you can't give me the one class I terribly need and want.

Today I went to check a friend's lawnmower that stopped running. I checked the battery and cleaned the posts and it checks out ok. I took out the ignition switch and took it to the shop. It checked out ok. He suggested taking out the starter solenoid and bringing it in. He checked it and it's ok.

Fuck it! I told her to take it to the shop.

:lol:

This morning, it took me 2 1/2 hours to get to work - 26 miles. I can get to Philadelphia faster than that - 112 miles.

Sometimes I hate weather...

Hey...

What happened to the "Let me introduce myself" thread by Sardonicus in Meet and Greet ? It was funny as hell !!! :lol:

Why not get rid of all the other introductions ? Most are boring and bland as milquetoast, at least that last one had some spice to it. I guess we can't open the spice cabinet but onlyl be limited to the salt and pepper on the table. dry.gif

My sentiments exactly Oracle! That introduction thread was just awesome! It was so much fun! Sad to see it go! I spent an entire hour yesterday trying to look for that thread! But no luck! :( :(

I never really used to believe in all this Friday, the 13th nonsense until today!

Usually while crossing the street, I am so careful...I have never had any problems so far until today...in Auckland, near the Civic Theatre, a young Asian couple and I almost got knocked down by a fuckin' bus despite the fact that the green "walk" signal was flashing! That prick (the driver) was in such a tearing hurry that he couldn't even wait for the pedestrian signal to turn red! He deserves to lose his job for this! :angry: :angry:

Well, well! On friday the 13th, I almost met with an accident! How ironic!!! :angry: :angry: :rolleyes:

120px-Semaforopedonale.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

So, you were lucky on Friday, 13th, then. :)

Well, if you look at it that way, yeah...I guess I was! :D :D Anyway, what can I say except that "looks like someone up there likes me!" :);)

Or maybe you are right: the day had bad vibes, but they were annihilated by a superior will. Who knows..

Edited by zdr

getting ready to move house in a few days. so many things to remember ... disconnecting here, connecting there, packing, cleaning, throwing out junk .... but it will be great when it's over, cos that means my fiance and i will finally be living together! :cheer::thumbsup::banana::chickeddance::yay:

I wish that I could go to the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame this weekend. They are having a Les Paul Tribute, and the Les Paul Trio are playing there Saturday night at 7PM. They are also showing a video of the American Masters Les Paul Tribute Concert from November 2008, the one that I attended. Also, they are expecting their 8 millionth visitor in the next few days, and they are giving away a Gibson guitar to the 8th million person who comes in.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rock Hall to Surprise Eight Millionth Visitor With Way too Much Cool Stuff

Posted by Jordan Zirm on Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:20

If you happen to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the near future, and suddenly flashing lights, bells, whistles and screaming surround you, do not be alarmed. You are not suspected of stealing Gene Simmons' tongue from his mannequin. Rather, you are the eight millionth person to visit our glass pyramid, and you shalll be richly rewarded.

The Rock Hall has decided to celebrate this milestone in visitation by providing that lucky eight millionth customer with a bevy of awesome rock and roll related prizes. The gifts include:

-A lifetime membership to the Rock Hall

-A VIP Vault Tour with the chief curator

-A Rock Hall Gibson Epiphone guitar

-Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe

-Subscription to Sirius XM Satellite Radio

Rock Hall officials believe that the eight millionth visitor should stroll through their doors anytime between Aug. 12 and Aug. 17. So during those dates, we suggest you bring a sleeping bag, camp out and attempt to visit the Rock Hall as much as possible.

Article with video of Les Paul

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Today I went to check a friend's lawnmower that stopped running. I checked the battery and cleaned the posts and it checks out ok. I took out the ignition switch and took it to the shop. It checked out ok. He suggested taking out the starter solenoid and bringing it in. He checked it and it's ok.

Fuck it! I told her to take it to the shop.

:lol:

WEll, better than what happened to me this evening!

I'm sitting in the living room, working on classroom decorations and watching TV. My boyfriend was supposed to fix my cigarette lighter (so I can charge my iPod and phone), and look at my a/c system, which has been wonky lately (it cools, but on its own terms--it stops blowing cold air randomly). He comes into the house and says, "you haven't looked outside, have you?"

I ask him why, and he says, "well, your front seats are sitting in the yard."

WTF?

Long story--he couldn't get to the a/c evaporator without dismantling about 70% of the dash, so he was out there ripping my car apart. THe good news? I was able to finally get carpet cleaner on that gross coffee stain in between my console and my seat.

Haven't tried out the a/c yet.

Morning run w/3 girls...done.

Now off to buy almost every style of dance shoe imagineable (2 tap, 1 ballet, 1 jazz). Thank goodness I have a coupon (and we don't need pointe shoes this time)! :o

They gave me German!!

:cheer::cheer::yay::yay:

A girl was switched out of it on Friday so I was the lucky one and got the spot!!

(Though I still think the "25 kids per a class" law is bull crap. Many people I know couldn't get into the class they wanted because of it.)

First birthday dinner (if I'm lucky, the celebrations will go at least into September :) )

Volt in Fredrick. The chef either won or was runner up on some Top Chef show (I don't watch, but I've heard...)

The food was fantastic. And beautiful... take a look.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/estherb818/Food%20%20%20It%20had%20to%20be%20done/

I am exhausted. Had a overnighter with my granddaughters, 2 and 4. The 2 year old is a piece of cake, the 4 year old is a stubborn, strongwilled ball of energy.

Other than repeating no a thousand times, answering all the how come questions, and feeding the bottomless pits I had a nice time with them. Glad that Daddy came to get them this morning.