Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

Random Thoughts v.3

The way I see it, most of us are just the stroke of a pen away from having reality smack us in the face.

Ain't that the truth ? :(

You know I've been here almost 10 years, and I don't think this board has ever been more full of shit than right now. :)

Ah Bong Man...I fear you're right. :(

Ah yes, the "it's a dry heat!" battle cry. :lol:

Look.....dry heat, wet heat.......heat is heat.

No, it's really not! Idaho heat is probably the best heat ever--you sweat, and it actually cools you down! Midwestern heat is horrible, the humidity makes me sweat more, and I look horrible compared to natives, but I've NEVER been South in the summer...and I don't think I care to be. ;)

My friend, who is from Saskatchewan, had NO CLUE what a "swamp cooler" was until this summer. Her new husband's house doesn't have an air conditioner, it has a "swamp cooler." She was running it without adding water, and she got nothing--except noise. In the West, we sometimes use evaporative coolers to ADD humidity to the air to cool us down, LOL.

Just left a woman 3 bucks in gas at the pump. It's 100 degrees, she was crying, at least 8 months pregnant, morbidly obese, and I fell for every line in her story. Left her just enough to get home....if she was on the level. I hate it when the human reality of what's going on out there smacks you in the face.

I saw a man holding a sign the other day that said something along the lines of "Have a 1 year old at home, need help with rent," and I didn't give money to him, but he haunted me for the rest of the day, and probably the rest of the week. I sometimes wonder how much they're actually getting begging--the local news ran a story a while ago about how some panhandlers are making more money on the corner than in their former jobs. But still, I still wonder how many people legitimately need help, (my mom's been out of work since December, so my empathy's started to grow...)

...and since I haven't been in here in a while, I felt the need to post many replies. At least I was cool enough to do it in one post. ;)

...and why the hell am I online when I should be in bed?!?

Edited by manderlyh

iightning.jpg

A friend in Florida that owns a golf course sent me this pic. The lightning hit the ground, then moved sideways and hit the bag. Graphite can be dangerous !

So my niece turns 13 this week. You would think she'd be ecstatic, over-the-moon happy about this turn of events...her first year as a real teen-ager.

Nope,instead she's moaning about being O-L-D, OLD! Are you kidding me?

Another random thought, totally unrelated, that occured to me...I would make a terrible pervert. I couldn't understand a word of what some kid was texting me...trying to read a teen's text is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Edited by Strider

Wow... looks like someone answered all of the polls tonight... and they all show up in the View New Content selection. Thought people had been busy chatting... alas...

I go back to school on Monday. Though summer isn't over just because I'm going back to school, my abundance of free time will be gone.

I need to make a summer bucket list.

But I also need to get my hair done, buy new school clothes, get materials ready, etc.

I think I'll sit on the internet and read books instead. ;)

In times like these; riots, economic collapse, global heat waves and cultural uncertainty, I really miss George Carlin and his wisdom.

Actually I meant to say his comedy.

Nope, wisdom was the correct word.

Cheers,

Mister Hamilton

Comedy in truth, he delivered well. This clip cracked me up. Nothing political or religious. Just plain funny. Through the magic of youtube you can still enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMX8L7Yxyfk&feature=related

Good lord, half the boot of Italy is seemingly in Los Angeles this week...especially in Hollywood. It's an Italian invasion. Lots of tanned, gorgeous women...BELLISSIMA!

WHY AM I STILL ON THE COMPUTER?

It's 1:14 am, and I'm bored, and I have a book sitting next to me... :rolleyes:

WHY AM I STILL ON THE COMPUTER?

It's 1:14 am, and I'm bored, and I have a book sitting next to me... :rolleyes:

It's almost time to get your classroom ready! ;)

In times like these; riots, economic collapse, global heat waves and cultural uncertainty, I really miss George Carlin and his wisdom.

Actually I meant to say his comedy.

Nope, wisdom was the correct word.

Cheers,

Mister Hamilton

Mister? When the hell did that happen?! tongue.gif

Mister? When the hell did that happen?! tongue.gif

Since he left for a while and then came back - and with the same member name, this time! ;):P

Woody Allen once said "Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love."

But if you're filled with self-loathing, does masturbation then classify as "hate-sex"?

All things considered, Carlin sounds like a prophet today.

I really miss George Carlin an awful lot.

Has anyone else seen the photo on tonight's CBS Evening News of a dog lying at his Master's (Navy SeAL killed in Aug 6th ambush) flag-draped casket?? I am trying to find it on line. So moving. I do not cry very often, but that killed me...

Hi all

Has anyone else seen the photo on tonight's CBS Evening News of a dog lying at his Master's (Navy SeAL killed in Aug 6th ambush) flag-draped casket?? I am trying to find it on line. So moving. I do not cry very often, but that killed me...

Here is a nice story; My link

KB

Hi all

Here is a nice story; My link

KB

:tears: Thanks for that. How did you find it so fast??

What's wrong with me lately..

Hi all,

:tears: Thanks for that. How did you find it so fast??What's wrong with me lately..

Nothing wrong with you,at all! Your just a broad,.... :rolleyes::P:lol:

KB

Hi all,

Nothing wrong with you,at all! Your just a broad,.... :rolleyes::P:lol:

KB

oooh you are gonna pay for that one, you FN biaatch..

Be nice to me. Please.

Woody Allen once said "Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love."

But if you're filled with self-loathing, does masturbation then classify as "hate-sex"?

[/quote

Love those quotes. Very provocative. A radio talk show host I listen to uses them all the time. Never knew the author.

Thanks!

Edited by planted

I am about to drive my eldest off to college tomorrow morning. She is so excited, and we are so excited for her (and very proud of her!) but I am sure gonna miss her :'(

I am about to drive my eldest off to college tomorrow morning. She is so excited, and we are so excited for her (and very proud of her!) but I am sure gonna miss her :'(

Oohh, I am not looking forward to that day. Letting go. But, from what I hear they manage to come back, so don't pick out colors for her bedroom just yet! ;)

My eldest decided to stay home and commute, but my daughter will begin High School next week, and she is bound and determined to get the heck out of dodge pronto! She's made up her mind to attend art school in NYC.

Be thinking of you.

Edited by planted

Oohh, I am not looking forward to that day. Letting go. But, from what I hear they manage to come back, so don't pick out colors for her bedroom just yet! ;)

My eldest decided to stay home and commute, but my daughter will begin High School next week, and she is bound and determined to get the heck out of dodge pronto! She's made up her mind to attend art school in NYC.

Be thinking of you.

Thanks for the good thoughts! We'll still have 2 at home; 1 in high school and 1 in elementary; and she will be in state, so not too far away :)