Bonnaroo information / speculation

KEVIN

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi

Above is the message board for the Bonnaroo music festival. Lots of posts about this years show.

One interesting thread talks about this years show and the unavailibility of "advance ticket sales" . Considering that the show had relied on advance sales in years past makes me believe "something big" is gonna happen.

Anyway, more grist for the mill .........

Official website

www.bonnaroo.com/

I think you.....and all those wookies on that forum are jumping the gun a bit here. Let the promoters plan the 2008 festival first. There is no band lineup yet, so why would tickets be on sale yet. The festival is not for another 7 months!! The entire Bonoroo offcial website is still in 2007 mode and for 2008 ticket information is says...... http://www.bonnaroo.com/tickets Give it some time before you take the speculation train out of the station.

I think you.....and all those wookies on that forum are jumping the gun a bit here. Let the promoters plan the 2008 festival first. There is no band lineup yet, so why would tickets be on sale yet. The festival is not for another 7 months!! The entire Bonoroo offcial website is still in 2007 mode and for 2008 ticket information is says...... http://www.bonnaroo.com/tickets Give it some time before you take the speculation train out of the station.

Thank You!!! B)

Give it some time before you take the speculation train out of the station.

Ok..... but advanced sales (at a discount) have been availible the last 3 or 4 years for Bonnaroo ......

WHY STOP NOW?

Have they've ever had advanced sales this early? It's only December 4. I'm not familiar with Bonnaroo or how their ticket sales work so that's why I ask. :)

Have they've ever had advanced sales this early? It's only December 4. I'm not familiar with Bonnaroo or how their ticket sales work so that's why I ask. :)

From the Bonnaroo message board.....

IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON............

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?...read=1196700937

"Ticketing information for the 2008 event will be released in the coming months. We will not be offering 'early-bird' tickets this year, but please be sure to sign up for our E-List to get the most up to date info regarding tickets and on-sale dates & times."

Re: NO EARLY BIRD TIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on Yesterday at 11:56am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

holy nuts!!!!

why are they doing this this year? THIS SUCKS

..this makes me curious about what they have in store for us this year...

Re: NO EARLY BIRD TIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on Yesterday at 12:01pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, maybe they wont even have price tiers this year either. Just sell the tickets at a flat rate of $250 to $260 because they know the line-up they have in store for us will sell out no matter what. I was really looking forward to these early- birds this year.

Or ........consider that the promoters in past years have HAD to sell "early bird tix" to pay for band's advance payment to lock down the artists. Now that several years of VERY successful festivals have taken place, and the promoters ...and the festival's reputation stands firmly on it's own, they no longer need to do this. ;)

I'm good friends with a local festival promoter (Tim Walther) who got his start putting flyers for the band I used to work for on car windshields at clubs all over the Balt DC area. He had to do that same thing. Nowadays, he's booking bands like the Black Crowes and such on the value of his and his festival's reputation. He still sells pre order tix...but in reality does'nt "have" to anymore.

It sounds as if someone is trying to promote an interest in selling tickets and increasing the demand for tickets by spreading rumors to drive up the price? Am I right?

:beer: possibly - this is a very common tactic in all areas of the commercial world, from corporation takeovers ........ to concert tickets. B)

I just heard a few moments ago on PlanetRock news bulletin that Zeppelin could be featuring at this festival in the summer. This speculation is definitely gathering pace - and now even in the credible, much respected parts of the industry. :)

well there you have it...

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_di...t_id=1003680943

The specualtion train can safely be put back in staorage for another day...which by the way things are going right now, won't be for very long.

There's really no such thing as "Reputable News" anymore. This could have been on CNN, Fox, and MSNBC and it would all come down to some AP hack trying to sell a rumor to the hype machine. Major news media overlooks a confirmation of sources on a daily basis. If a freelancer from the AP drops them juicy nugget, they run with it. Afterall, they've only got 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year to fill up w/ "news" <_< God I miss having 3 hrs of news per day(morning,evening,latenight)....and that's it!! That's all you really need.

well there you have it...

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_di...t_id=1003680943

The specualtion train can safely be put back in staorage for another day...which by the way things are going right now, won't be for very long.

There's really no such thing as "Reputable News" anymore. This could have been on CNN, Fox, and MSNBC and it would all come down to some AP hack trying to sell a rumor to the hype machine. Major news media overlooks a confirmation of sources on a daily basis. If a freelancer from the AP drops them juicy nugget, they run with it. Afterall, they've only got 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year to fill up w/ "news" <_< God I miss having 3 hrs of news per day(morning,evening,latenight)....and that's it!! That's all you really need.

Hang on, that train is still emitting puffs of smoke. They said the rumors are "inaccurate" not completely false.

Maybe the bit about Metallica is not accurate. :D

You don't need to watch any news at all. Anything big shows up immediately all around you, has since the day JFK got shot. For other stuff, check in with Google News now and then, and fan sites like this for personal interests, and you're golden. All the rest will literally drive you screaming into paranoia.

:rolleyes: I'm constantly amazed how easily people are swerved. Why is it that people hear one thing, and BELIEVE they're hearing something else ?

Remember .... "There wouldn't be enough doctors to support it " Absolutely staggering that so many people took this as a NO !

When these promoters say "Led Zeppelin will not be on the bill" , then we can stop speculating.

Just as, when (AND IF) Robert says " There will never be another Led Zeppelin concert" - we can finally stop hoping.

:rolleyes: I'm constantly amazed how easily people are swerved. Why is it that people hear one thing, and BELIEVE they're hearing something else ?

Just as, when (AND IF) Robert says " There will never be another Led Zeppelin concert" - we can finally stop hoping.

Robert said as much in the Uncut interview, and I quote:

Uncut: Will the O2 show be followed by a full-on 2008 reunion tour?

RP: 'No, absolutely not. There'll be one show, and that'll be it. We need to do one last great show. Because we've done some shows and they've been crap'.

Uncut: But if the show goes spectacularly well...won't there be a temptation to go back out for a world-wide last hurrah?

RP: 'Not for me, but I can't speak for anyone else'.

It seems clear as a bell to me, yet people still expect the tour...

The reason being is that Robert Plant HAS hinted of Zeppelin continuing and doing new things for a number of years now amongst his insisted denials of ANYTHING happening again. Every time I lay the information out I get attacked to no end and I have even had my posts banned at this site and another for giving STRONG proof that they WILL be recording and touring again...what I'm I to do?

Don't base anything off of what Plant says. He was denying that Zepp was getting back together for this thing during the time they were starting to rehearse for it.

None of the band wants any information about a tour or other shows out till after they have a great show in 5 days.

The reason being is that Robert Plant HAS hinted of Zeppelin continuing and doing new things for a number of years now amongst his insisted denials of ANYTHING happening again. Every time I lay the information out I get attacked to no end and I have even had my posts banned at this site and another for giving STRONG proof that they WILL be recording and touring again...what I'm I to do?

But nothing has ever happened. They do one show and you all think a USA tour is inevitable.

Robert said as much in the Uncut interview, and I quote:

Uncut: Will the O2 show be followed by a full-on 2008 reunion tour?

RP: 'No, absolutely not. There'll be one show, and that'll be it. We need to do one last great show. Because we've done some shows and they've been crap'.

Uncut: But if the show goes spectacularly well...won't there be a temptation to go back out for a world-wide last hurrah?

RP: 'Not for me, but I can't speak for anyone else'.

It seems clear as a bell to me, yet people still expect the tour...

B) Yes, that interview would seemingly end all speculation - You cannot misinterpret those words, no matter how much of a spin you put on them.

The only caveat I would add is that there is no telling how much Robert could get caught up in the whirlwind of emotion, nostalgia and energy generated by the O2 - as well as the rehearsals, interviews, promotion and other events surrounding it.

If on the 11th of December , Robert was to repeat those words - that would be it for sure.

The thing of it is......there is nothing BUT speculation plastered all over the net about the three surviving members of Zep doing shows Stateside in 2008......and until it is CONFIRMED, why even bother writing about it???

It's like saying you're a millionaire, when all you really have is a lottery ticket in your pocket. Sure there's a "chance", but at this point it's not worth mentioning. The net is chock full of misinformed kids who read between the lines and make their own conclusions and print them as fact. It's enough to make me want to turn this f-ing pc off for good!!! :angry:

This is no different than Entertainment Tonight talking about if Britney Spears is pregnant again or not! It's just people taking swings at nothing. :rolleyes:

Archived