The 2009 Major League Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Its easier to play in the cold than be a fan in the cold. Take it from someone that was at the third coldest game in NFL history. Bills/Raiders in the early 90s. Could not sit down. Had to keep moving and it was brutal. Sitting at a baseball game in cold weather has to be no fun. And It has to have a bad effect on the pitchers. The ball is not going to be as "live" in the cold either. And its too long a season. I have heard few argue with that.

I remember that San Diego/Cincinnati game where I think it was 59 below with the wind chill. :suntan::veryhot::freezing::lol:

One time I was in the upper deck in center field at Candlestick Park in SUMMER and I froze my ass off.

'The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!'-----Mark Twain

Hi all,

But just like hockey in June, its senseless and they lose the interest of many fans. Hockey should end sooner too. Now football is going to extend the season to 18 games, though I doubt it will have an effect on the times it ends because they are knocking off two pre season games I believe. But how many quarterbacks will survive that schedule without injury? Not many. Its raining out and in the low fifties here in upstate NY. I wouldnt go to a baseball game outdoors now if you paid me.

It's call greed and senseless.

KB :slapface:

I guess it could be interesting? A local analyst said it would be a raings disaster if it was a Texas vs SF series. Perhaps. I will agree the Yankees probably have more fans outside of their home than any team in sports. Perhaps a little more interest if SF played the Yankees, as it would be a coast vs coast series at least. But a rematch is probably the most likely scenario, even though the local guy, who sees things like they are, especially in baseball, thinks the Yankees have slipped. Age wise and that they are not he best team rightt now. They may win but he thinks the Phillies are probably the best team. I personally dont like any of the teams left. No matter what happens, it will be interesting to see what direction the Yankees go now that Steinbrenner has passed away. Afer this year.

Cliff Lee is a stone cold killer. Or as Jim Rome put it the other day, "he's out there murdering souls".

Sure sweet seeing mow those Yankees down. They will have to face him in Texas. So Texas must try and steal one in NY. It will probably go the distance assuming the Yankees win tonight? Lee is a free agent this winter. Here we go again. Thinking he will set the record for salaries? I just hope he doesn't win up in pinstripes. That is the trend. They play great and the Yankees steal them.

Break out the champagne, Rangers fans!!! :cheer:

Wish I had got to see the last out. I was in Buffalo. I believe Texas will win pretty easily against the Giants. Texas in five. It is good to see some different teams in. The tendency in NY after one of these loss's is to make changes. But with Steinbrenner gone, its going to be the most interesting off season for them in a long long time. I wonder how they will handle it? Will anyone retire? So Lee openes the series. It will be tough for the Giants. I will root for Texas for sure. I am pretty surprised the Phillies were beat in that series. So the Gianst could be better than I give them credit. But I dont think good enough to beat Texas.

Pitcher's battle tonight.

B)

Cliff Lee must get it done or its over. I am pretty shocked I will admit as the American league has appeared to be the better league in recent years. But now many can see it was no fluke they beat Philly. When the Yankees are put away there is the tenency to believe that the biggest hurdle has been met. Now we can see the Yankees are not as good as they once were. I believe their hold on that divsion is over.

Archived