The 2009 Major League Baseball Thread

Bong-Man

Curtis Granderson to the evil empire. That just ain't right. He will be dearly missed at this end. sad.gif

Yes the Evil Empire cashes in on a top notch centerfielder in his prime. The Orioles counter with their winter chess move that continues to pay dividends an over priced overaged medicore pitcher.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1621777.html

300px-MG_8291_Kevin_Millwood.jpg

Is there a reason the ranger are willing to $3m to get rid of him?

Curtis Granderson to the evil empire. That just ain't right. He will be dearly missed at this end. :(

you got that right

i could be wrong, but i don't see

him succeeding in da' Big Apple.

they should have given them Maggs instead.

now if they dump Inge, i'm e-mailing Dombrowski

and giving him a piece of my mind.

• 5 months later...

Well I guess there is no 2010 baseball thread? When are the Orioles going to fire this manager? I mean, give me a break!!! Fire him!!!!! Now!!! Yesterday!!!! Too much talent, I dont care about the lack of pitching. This is unimaginable that they can play this bad. Fire this chump!!!

Well I guess there is no 2010 baseball thread? When are the Orioles going to fire this manager? I mean, give me a break!!! Fire him!!!!! Now!!! Yesterday!!!! Too much talent, I dont care about the lack of pitching. This is unimaginable that they can play this bad. Fire this chump!!!

The musta heard ya! :D

one game?

pretty tough there, ebk. biggrin.gif

maybe they should combine forces with the Nats and become the Washingmore Norioles biggrin.gif

EBK and myself are probably the last two Orioles fans left. Or at least willing to admit they are. I am happy they fired that guy! about time. My Belmont predictions will be posted shortly. just in case my forsight is hot

I still can't believe what I watched Wednesday night. :blink::slapface::blink:

I yelled "NO !!" at the tv about 20 times. In the 100 year history of Tiger baseball we've never had a perfect game. He hadn't even thrown 50 pitches by the 7th inning. I liked how things worked out though. A perfect game doesn't mean anything compared to a kid being killed in Iraq....or oil gushing in the Gulf. Sometimes it takes simple human mistakes to put things in proper perspective. No matter the money or the disappointment, in the end it's still just a kid's game. :)

alg_joyce_takes_field.jpg

EBK and myself are probably the last two Orioles fans left.

hard to believe cuz i remember a time when they were the strongest organization in the AL.

i don't know if Baltimore is considered a small market team, but it seems unlikely that they and other former dynasties, such as Cincinatti and Pittsburgh will ever return to that status. Maybe a good year here and there is all that can be expected.

I still can't believe what I watched Wednesday night. :blink::slapface::blink:

I yelled "NO !!" at the tv about 20 times. In the 100 year history of Tiger baseball we've never had a perfect game. He hadn't even thrown 50 pitches by the 7th inning. I liked how things worked out though. A perfect game doesn't mean anything compared to a kid being killed in Iraq....or oil gushing in the Gulf. Sometimes it takes simple human mistakes to put things in proper perspective. No matter the money or the disappointment, in the end it's still just a kid's game. :)

alg_joyce_takes_field.jpg

A good lesson for the kids to see in sports these days. No temper tantrum. The ump offers and emotional apology for his admitted mistake. The pitcher shakes hands and forgives. It could have been an ugly story all around if not for the humility of the parties involved. A pleasant change instead of the usual senario of bad attitudes from overpaid ball players playing just a kid's game.

A good lesson for the kids to see in sports these days. No temper tantrum. The ump offers and emotional apology for his admitted mistake. The pitcher shakes hands and forgives. It could have been an ugly story all around if not for the humility of the parties involved. A pleasant change instead of the usual senario of bad attitudes from overpaid ball players playing just a kid's game.

well said, ledzepfvr.

EBK and myself are probably the last two Orioles fans left. Or at least willing to admit they are. I am happy they fired that guy! about time. My Belmont predictions will be posted shortly. just in case my forsight is hot

It's genetic...nothing I can do about it :)

I'm getting ready to head to the stadium. I have 3 extra tickets (vs the Saux) if anyone wants to meet me there...

It's genetic...nothing I can do about it smile.gif

I'm getting ready to head to the stadium. I have 3 extra tickets (vs the Saux) if anyone wants to meet me there...

If I weren't 13 hour drive away I would. Maybe we can start to win eventually? I mean, its not like we don't have a good lineup. Just no pitching and young pitching. Only one way to go, up.

If I weren't 13 hour drive away I would. Maybe we can start to win eventually? I mean, its not like we don't have a good lineup. Just no pitching and young pitching. Only one way to go, up.

4 1/2 hours... but we win!! I'd say I hope this is the start of something better...but it's the yankees and mets coming in next. Oh well...

I do have tickets to see the incredibly overhyped MLB debut of Stephen Strasburg on Tuesday. I'll post pictures. I know you all can't wait... :)

4 1/2 hours... but we win!! I'd say I hope this is the start of something better...but it's the yankees and mets coming in next. Oh well...

I do have tickets to see the incredibly overhyped MLB debut of Stephen Strasburg on Tuesday. I'll post pictures. I know you all can't wait... smile.gif

Hoping better days are soon ahead. With Weiters, Scott, Markakis we have alot of talent. And Jones of course. Must get the pitching in order and then we can be back on track as early as next year, assuming they make the correct management moves this time. cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
bagoverhead.gifbagoverhead.gif Lets see, its only been 27 years since my team won. The Orioles. Ripken's rookie season. How long do we have to wait for them to be respectable again? Now if I am not loyal, nobody is. The lineup is good. No pitching. And I must question the coaching. It is like they have quit.

bagoverhead.gifbagoverhead.gif Lets see, its only been 27 years since my team won. The Orioles. Ripken's rookie season. How long do we have to wait for them to be respectable again? Now if I am not loyal, nobody is. The lineup is good. No pitching. And I must question the coaching. It is like they have quit.

You could wait a lifetime. My hubby waited all his life for the 04 Red Sox to finally win, and his grandfather never did get to see his Red Sox win. Loyalty can be heartbreaking but is an admirable trait for a fan.

You could wait a lifetime. My hubby waited all his life for the 04 Red Sox to finally win, and his grandfather never did get to see his Red Sox win. Loyalty can be heartbreaking but is an admirable trait for a fan.

boohoo.gif My hockey team at least has a shot. Your hubby is a lucky guy by the way!

Yeah. Show him my post and tell him that there are men lined up city blocks to get a date with you!! ha. Just teasing you. I hope you all were not near that earthquake? I couldnt believe that. They just shrugged it off.

We are about 50-60 miles due north of San Diego and yes, we did feel the quake. I was sitting down and could feel a slight rumble. I thought, either I just farted :D or a earthquake is comming. It rolled pretty good but not enough to jump up and run. I only do that when stuff starts falling off the walls. :run:

BTW, Cubby fans are still waiting. 101 and counting.

We are about 50-60 miles due north of San Diego and yes, we did feel the quake. I was sitting down and could feel a slight rumble. I thought, either I just farted :D or a earthquake is comming. It rolled pretty good but not enough to jump up and run. I only do that when stuff starts falling off the walls. :run:

BTW, Cubby fans are still waiting. 101 and counting.

And they'll be waiting a while longer if the way they played this weekend is any indication. I'm in Chicago on vacation and actually left the game early today - something I very rarely do. It was a bloodbath!

Archived