Jimmy Page "Hypnotizing Ways (Oh Mamma)"

I am surprised that they haven't put it out - it has some good stuff on it.

The soundtrack was better than the film.

I believe Page plays bass on the Hypnotizing Ways track.

Speaking of... I still have two copies of Death Wish II on vinyl. One of which has never even been opened.

I am surprised that they haven't put it out - it has some good stuff on it.

The soundtrack was better than the film.

I believe Page plays bass on the Hypnotizing Ways track.

I'm loving your sig pic, pagemeister. I just set it as my desktop pic. Jimmy Page and cycling together at last.

Talking about deathwish 2 anyone heard Scream For Help?.Never heard that album.

Scream For Help has good stuff on it.

Page does some good guitar work on some rock tracks.

Most of it is not rock.

John Paul Jones sings on one or two songs but he buries his vocals in the mix.

Jon Anderson from Yes is on there.

Wish they'd re-release that album on CD. :angry:

It is in Japan. I have on vynil and CD. eil.com and ebay may have it. I love Who's to Blame the best. I love the whole album. I even introduced it to my friend who loves Jimmy. I work with a very sweet guy who worked for Warners label and is friends with Dave Mattacks, who was the drummer on this album. I couldn't breathe when he told me that and to be that close to Jimmy.

It is in Japan. I have on vynil and CD. eil.com and ebay may have it. I love Who's to Blame the best. I love the whole album. I even introduced it to my friend who loves Jimmy. I work with a very sweet guy who worked for Warners label and is friends with Dave Mattacks, who was the drummer on this album. I couldn't breathe when he told me that and to be that close to Jimmy.

Yes, there are imports available from various countries--but it would be nice if they re-released it here, for a lot less $$$. :D

I have my original DW2 when it came out on vinyl, back in 1982. There's some really good cuts off of it. Always liked The Release, Prelude and Jam Sandwich. The cd version import from Japan is available on Amazon, but a lot of $$. I think it may be around $100 or so. I'll wait I guess.

Until the Death Wish II soundtrack is put into wide release on CD those with vinyl copies also have the option of transferring it to CD themselves. There are several methods of doing so, the turntable depicted below doesn't even require any software or a computer. Sadly there are still lots of vinyl releases that have never been made available on compact disc. With the death of the CD looming in the digital only age I'd say the chances of some sort of release of these recordings is growing dimmer all the time.

31WCqkGgu1L._SL500_AA250_.jpg

Until the Death Wish II soundtrack is put into wide release on CD those with vinyl copies also have the option of transferring it to CD themselves. There are several methods of doing so, the turntable depicted below doesn't even require any software or a computer. Sadly there are still lots of vinyl releases that have never been made available on compact disc. With the death of the CD looming in the digital only age I'd say the chances of some sort of release of these recordings is growing dimmer all the time.

31WCqkGgu1L._SL500_AA250_.jpg

Wow- I've never seen a turntable like that before- who makes it? I have one from Audio Technica that you can hook up to a computer, but didn't know they make one that has the cd burner in it!

Wow- I've never seen a turntable like that before- who makes it?

It's by a company called Ion. It's rather pricey at $400 but if you're like me and have a lot of vinyl you'd like to transfer to CD it would be worth every penny of that investment. All the reviews I've read highly recommend it as well especially since there's no computer or software involved.

I've been checking out the You Tube video's with Death Wish II music... brings back so many memories. Bunch of us (11th grade at the time) went to the movie and in the opening, when Jimmy's name came up as Who's To Blame was blasting through the theatre, we all rose and gave him a standing O...

I've still got my LP's but no turntable right now... Really wish I could get this on CD... I even re-worked the LP cover for my iTunes if the day ever arrives...

2prw9co.jpg

I've been checking out the You Tube video's with Death Wish II music... brings back so many memories. Bunch of us (11th grade at the time) went to the movie and in the opening, when Jimmy's name came up as Who's To Blame was blasting through the theatre, we all rose and gave him a standing O...

I've still got my LP's but no turntable right now... Really wish I could get this on CD... I even re-worked the LP cover for my iTunes if the day ever arrives...

2prw9co.jpg

Still have mine, too, as well as the cassette I had for use in the car (it still plays!!). What a strong record that is, very underappreciated (well, not by us). Still have the cassette recordings of the ARMS concert from '83, too. Made those off of a radio broadcast (I was in high school as well, glued to the radio when that was aired).

Now, if Jimmy had been able to get Steve Winwood to sing on the record .... The ARMS version of "Who's to Blame" is the definitive one, imo. Paul Rogers nails "City Sirens" but Winwood's voice is perfect for "Who's to Blame." Headed for youtube now ...

Archived