The Easter Thread

Bong-Man

What kind of candy do you like? I kind of like Dove and nestles crunch. But I must say, the best Ive ever had comes from Ohio. Ive had it shipped in. Its called Esther Price. check their website. Great stuff.

Not much of a candy guy.Although if I have a puff :hippy: I usually like those toblerone thingy's.

Same to you. We are having ham. AGAIN. Would not be my choice. But my wife wants it. I would rather have lamb with mint jelly. She wont eat it. Or roast or Turkey. But Ham it is. <_<

Lamb can be treat, but my wife's sister in law makes it really dry, with a ton of lemons, and no gravy. I'm nauseous just thinking about it, but will sit there on Sunday and fork it down with a gracious smile and compliments. Fresh ham rocks, when the skin is crispy, and the gravy is greasy and plentiful. Biscuits, and those little potatoes... Or a smoked ham, with pineapple rings and honey glaze. Wanna swap dinner assignments???

Edited by jimmie ray

We will be with my dad on Easter morning, so that means I don't have to taken to church. (I'm sercretly celebrating that I'm not with my mom.) The night before my Nana will be making a big Easter dinner. Fresh ham with pineapple, veggies, dinner bread, and probably some kind pie made from scratch. And she got me this egg "tie dying" kit.

Never heard of Lemons on Lamb? :o

Evidentally, it's what people on drugs prepare for guests. I don't see them eating any of it, as they always seem to have some sort of ailments and distractions in the house. But they won't come to our place to get a properly prepared, peaceful meal - because their kids make all the decisions for them. They can't sit still at a dinner table, even for ten minutes...

Good luck. Hopefully there will be some wine or liquor to get you through it.

I won't visit anyone that doesn't offer some decent beer and wine, in exchange for putting up with their disfunctionalities. I know where they hide the Sambuca, too. I'm going to bring over a big batch of crabmeat stuffed mushrooms, so I can grill and chill outside for a while.

My youngest is going to church with her grandparents; she has her dress of course, a hat and a little basket purse and patent leather shoes :)

My family is coming over for brunch and then we're visiting my husband's family later in the day. We generally do non-alcoholic but my sister has been talking about whiskey sours, which is the official family gathering drink on my side ;).

I'm looking forward to the pastel colored M&Ms :)

I think i'm gonna buy a couple chocolate bunnies today if i ever get to the market. Reading this thread put me in the mood. Although i don't celebrate Easter, my mom is making dinner at her house tomorrow night. Turkey and all the fixings (stuffing, potatoes, string bean casserole, salad, biscuits, etc..) Happy to have the weekend off!