The Easter Thread

Bong-Man

Went to a late brunch, so heavy on the desserts while watching the Masters final round ;)

Edit to say RIP Charles! ^^^^^^

Just want to chime in on the Masters...was that a nail biter or what?

The end always makes me cry.

And yes, RIP Charles :(

Bunny%20What.jpg

lol....The grinch rabbit ? Poor fella looks like he's got some penquin dna. I think he outgrew his cage too. Take your garden out in one setting. I'll be damned if I'd stare at that late at night in my own house.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Happy Easter my fellow droogs! Or Passover...or if you're non-denominational/agnostic, Happy Blood Moon weekend!

I am working today but I don't mind...and I've got some cool Easter music to keep me company.

post-1470-0-33058200-1428265197_thumb.jp

Edited by Strider

Happy Easter my fellow droogs! Or Passover...or if you're non-denominational/agnostic, Happy Blood Moon weekend!

I am working today but I don't mind...and I've got some cool Easter music to keep me company.

20150405_121304.jpg

Happy Easter! The first album I owned was Jesus Christ Superstar, it came with a booklet with lyrics to all the songs. I listened to it non-stop for a very long time, still have it.

Happy Easter! The first album I owned was Jesus Christ Superstar, it came with a booklet with lyrics to all the songs. I listened to it non-stop for a very long time, still have it.

The original London Cast album, right? It came in a brown box with two vinyl albums and the book of lyrics. That's the one I grew up listening to and it is still the best version.

Deep Purple's Ian Gillan as Jesus, Murray Head as poor Judas, and Yvonne Elliman as Mary. Victor Brox makes a great Caiaphas, too. A nice little footnote...Henry McCullough, one of Jimmy Page's colleagues in the session days, plays guitar on the album.

The album was a huge hit in 1971...probably sold as much, if not more than Carole King's "Tapestry" and Led Zeppelin IV that year.

It still holds up today. Andrew Lloyd Webber was never better.

Edited by Strider

The original London Cast album, right? It came in a brown box with two vinyl albums and the book of lyrics. That's the one I grew up listening to and it is still the best version.

Deep Purple's Ian Gillan as Jesus, Murray Head as poor Judas, and Yvonne Elliman as Mary. Victor Brox makes a great Caiaphas, too. A nice little footnote...Henry McCullough, one of Jimmy Page's colleagues in the session days, plays guitar on the album.

The album was a huge hit in 1971...probably sold as much, if not more than Carole King's "Tapestry" and Led Zeppelin IV that year.

Not to pick nits, but it's the original concept album. There was no "cast" until it opened on Broadway in '71, then in the West End in '72.

Still, the best ALW score. The only other one I can stand is Evita - either the original concept (white) album, or the original Broadway cast with the fabulous Mandy Patinkin...and Patti Lupone.

And, Happy Easter to all who celebrate!!

Edited by ebk

Yes, that's it, and I agree it is a gem! I didn't purchase it until I saw the movie, which I believe was in 1973. You can tell my booklet has been loved a lot.

post-26295-0-08537500-1428277101_thumb.j

Not to pick nits, but it's the original concept album. There was no "cast" until it opened on Broadway in '71, then in the West End in '72.

Still, the best ALW score. The only other one I can stand is Evita - either the original concept (white) album, or the original Broadway cast with the fabulous Mandy Patinkin...and Patti Lupone.

And, Happy Easter to all who celebrate!!

Touché ebk! You're absolutely right. It was an album before it ever became a show.

attachicon.gif20150405_121304.jpg

Talk about a musical combo! Ever read the book Ben Hur? Simply amazing.

Happy Passover & Easter everyone...